Author Topic: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 2  (Read 29375 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 2
« Reply #200: May 07, 2009, 11:21:21 PM »
Acta is so damn clueless. He never gives guys like Flores and RZ credit in the press conferences but he is always quick to slurp guys like Cabrera and Hanrahan.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #201: May 07, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
of course that's never occurred to sportsfan. he hates Rizzo because he replace Bowden.

you know how he is with his "boys" and his "enemies". :rofl:

Rizzo hasn't really done a great job so far, but sportsfan is going to blow everything as far out of proportion as he can and make Rizzo out to be the most incompetent person in the history of baseball, in the hopes that someone besides him might actually miss Bowden. (fat chance).
I don't miss Bowden although he was better than Rizzo. I just want a GM here who is active and is constantly trying to improve the team in several different ways. Even if Rizzo makes some moves now it's still way too late since we are 12 games under .500.

wow that was a terrible AB by Hernandez. He probably missed at least 5 hittable pitches.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #202: May 07, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
freak!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #203: May 07, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »
They could still replace Manny and be cheap by giving Riggleman the position for the rest of the year.  Manny has got to be on his last limbs here and I sure as hell hope St. Claire is too.

But I'm sure he would have to given a raise commensurate to the position of manager. Also, you'd have to hire someone to take Riggleman's spot as bench coach and that is another salary you have to either pickup or upgrade. That's the same reason why they refuse to get rid of Cabrera. I'm sick of seeing that clown on the mound but if they cut him they still have to pay him and then pickup the salary of the one they select to replace him with. That's dipping into the profits which is anathema.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #204: May 07, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
sportsfan882:
Quote from: spidernat on Today at 11:17:22 PM
trade him for whatever we can get. surely someone would take him. it does nothing for anybody to keep him here riding the pine.

and if we do that, you'll be making another SCREW YOU MIKE RIZZO thread screaming and crying about "thanks for trading Willingham for *insert crapass player*, you suck Rizzo.

:rofl:

come off it, Sportsfan.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #205: May 07, 2009, 11:26:55 PM »
and if we do that, you'll be making another SCREW YOU MIKE RIZZO thread screaming and crying about "thanks for trading Willingham for *insert crapass player*, you suck Rizzo.

come off it, Sportsfan.
any AA prospect or ML reliever would suffice for Willingham.

I would take Kyle Gunderson back in a heartbeat for Kensing.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #206: May 07, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »
They could still replace Manny and be cheap by giving Riggleman the position for the rest of the year.  Manny has got to be on his last limbs here and I sure as hell hope St. Claire is too.

Riggleman's last team, Seattle, where he was interim manager, is 15-14, in 2nd place in the AL-West.  Riggleman went to school in suburban Maryland.  They had been in 1st place for several weeks.

Fire Manny and Claire, tonight

Offline spidernat

« Reply #207: May 07, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »

come off it, Sportsfan.

That's exactly what would happen but that was quoted as if it was my statement.  :?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #208: May 07, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
Jay-Z was not big pimpin' in the first inning. i don't even care that he's settled down now, the game was over in the 1st.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #209: May 07, 2009, 11:30:05 PM »
that commercial is so stupid. dos equis is freaking gross :spaz:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #210: May 07, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »
But I'm sure he would have to given a raise commensurate to the position of manager. Also, you'd have to hire someone to take Riggleman's spot as bench coach and that is another salary you have to either pickup or upgrade. That's the same reason why they refuse to get rid of Cabrera. I'm sick of seeing that clown on the mound but if they cut him they still have to pay him and then pickup the salary of the one they select to replace him with. That's dipping into the profits which is anathema.

I'll give you that much, but it still would be fairly cheap compared to going out and hiring a guy from outside (I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave Corrales his old job back).  I understand that the Lerners were willing to tolerate losing for the first few years with Acta because of the youth and lack of talent, but at this point we have talent.  The bullpen has been blowing games, sure, but it isn't soley on their shoulders at this point.  The errors in the field are mostly on the fielders themselves, but there has been a lack of fundamentals.  The pitchers have been coming out with horrible game plans for attacking struggling batters.  Whether they put that on the scouting team or the pitching coach, I don't care.  As management, though, at some point you risk losing the faith of your fanbase by doing nothing.  It is has gotten to that point.  They can be cheap if they want, but it will lose them more money in the end I believe.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #211: May 07, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »

I disagree. I like XX.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #212: May 07, 2009, 11:32:10 PM »
yeah spider, I'm using the mobile version of the site right now, on my computer. (i'm on a dial-up connection, bleh).

so i gotta quote manually, I don't have the nice little button to do it. i just forgot to delete your name out of it.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #213: May 07, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »
how 'bout Dukes cannon?! it's a shame Flores couldn't get the tag down. that was a ridiculous throw in the 1st.

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #214: May 07, 2009, 11:33:49 PM »
Riggleman's last team, Seattle, where he was interim manager, is 15-14, in 2nd place in the AL-West.  Riggleman went to school in suburban Maryland.  They had been in 1st place for several weeks.

(Image removed from quote.)
Fire Manny and Claire, tonight

Check your messages...

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #215: May 07, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »

I didn't think you drank beer?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #216: May 07, 2009, 11:34:14 PM »
I'll give you that much, but it still would be fairly cheap compared to going out and hiring a guy from outside (I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave Corrales his old job back). 

Fairly cheap vs not paying a cent over what is deemed 'necessary' is a no brainer for the Lerners.  :?

I agree that it's time to get rid of Acta but with this pitching staff it's not going to accomplish much.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #217: May 07, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »
I disagree. I like XX.

I'm drinking the Amber Lager XX as I type... not bad stuff.  I also have a 6 pack of some Old Dominion Millennium lager in the fridge, which is delicious.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #218: May 07, 2009, 11:35:40 PM »
how 'bout Dukes cannon?! it's a shame Flores couldn't get the tag down. that was a ridiculous throw in the 1st.

Quit dreaming about the man's package.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #219: May 07, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
I didn't think you drank beer?
I don't very often. i've had that crap though and it is nasty.

next week I turn 21 and am heading off to Vegas for 4-5 days.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #220: May 07, 2009, 11:37:04 PM »
Everybody but Ryan Zimmerman and Flores is a bum on this team.  Everyone else. 

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #221: May 07, 2009, 11:37:35 PM »
I agree that it's time to get rid of Acta but with this pitching staff it's not going to accomplish much.

True.  I mean, we have just barely missed out on winning a bunch of games, maybe just a little bit of improvement could go a long way. I have no illusions of competing for the division and at this point finishing .500, but I would like a bit of respectability going into the off season.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #222: May 07, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »

:rofl:  Are you going with friends?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #223: May 07, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »

You couldn't be more wrong. I love Dos Equis. I was just drinking some a couple of hours ago.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #224: May 07, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »

Oh damn.  Vegas is awesome, I went there for spring break my junior year in college.  The best part is you get free drinks while you gamble.  Where are you staying at?