Author Topic: Huh?  (Read 1440 times)

Huh?
« Topic Start: January 17, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
From my original post:
"...it could be hard for the Nats to argue against [Bruney's] abilities considering they just traded for him."

If you can't even quote yourself correctly, I'm not even going to waste my time anymore.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Huh?
« Reply #1: January 17, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
If you can't even quote yourself correctly, I'm not even going to waste my time anymore.

Huh?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2: January 17, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »
What does his actions with the Yankees have anything to do with the Washington Nationals? I'll wait.
Past performance always counts with these things.  How else are you gonna evaluate someone?

« Reply #3: January 17, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
Past performance always counts with these things.  How else are you gonna evaluate someone?

Yes, they compare stats of the player with similar players and past performances. That is legit and I agree with. But the notion that because a certain player came from a certain team or the fact a former team dropped or added said player from a playoff roster means nothing in the process.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #4: January 17, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

he quoted himself correctly, i think you were just referring to the sentence before.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #6: January 17, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
Very nice, I'll take that as your best attempt at saying "you were right and I was wrong."  Better luck next time.

« Reply #7: January 17, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »
Very nice, I'll take that as your best attempt at saying "you were right and I was wrong."  Better luck next time.

That was almost funny, but it is considered rude to laugh anyone coming off the short bus.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #8: January 19, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »
That was almost funny, but it is considered rude to laugh anyone coming off the short bus.
               And you do know rude, don't ya? ............................yea, like that's going to happen.....

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #9: January 19, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »
               And you do know rude, don't ya? ............................yea, like that's going to happen.....

Dude, seriously?  Powerboater is an Orioles troll in disguise.  Don't stick up for him no matter how you feel about NotLD.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #10: January 19, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
Dude, seriously?  Powerboater is an Orioles troll in disguise.  Don't stick up for him no matter how you feel about NotLD.
   Dude, seriously, Powerboater has been posting for over 3 years on the Nats Message Board, and I have posted to him for about 3 years on the Nats Message Board (the other Board) and I have never had a problem with him, nor with his discussions/ and /or responses about Nats players/issues/organization.
    Someone who has posted for 3 years on the Nats Message Board as Powerboater69 has, is not considered a "troll", in my  book. And even though we both have low post counts on this FanForum, we have been around posting on Nats Message Boards for over three (3) years.
   He is not a troll, and I am not a troll. We have both been around for a long time on the Nats Message Board, as some of the posters, on this FanForum, who are using different post names than they use on the Nats Message Board, are well aware of. (Of Course my post count is not as huge as some of the people on this forum and the other Board, but still it's a beginning - I just hit 2,000 posts on the Nats Message Board, last week -yea, it only took me 3 years).
    Anyway, as to tales about Powerboater69 in the past, and his different post names, I do not get involved in that, I leave that to others who are into the Zimm/Cascada soap opera. Poweboater69 and I, have always had lively discussions on the Nats Message Board for over 3 years now.  As I have had with Dominic, who admits he is a Orioles fan, but post on Nats Message Board and goes to Nats games, and is a die-hard Redskins fan.  
    I don't have a problem with Powerboater69. Nor do I have a problem with NotLD.
 I just like to give NotLD a hard time (or jerk him around), since he seems to like to argue and agigtate.......he's kind of like a damn pit bull - sinks his teeth into you and won't let go till you say "you're right, you're right".......it does make things interesting, wouldn't you say......
        Sportsfan and NotLD have alot in common, in keeping this FanForum interesting........never, ever, boring, to be sure......

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #11: January 19, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
      Anyway, as to tales about Powerboater69 in the past, and his different post names, I do not get involved in that, I leave that to others who are into the Zimm/Cascada soap opera.    

But this is exactly where Minty is coming from, make no mistake about it.  I respectfully raise objection to your use of the word "tales", which implies a certain element of fiction that just isn't the case here.

Is PB a Nats fan posing (from time to time) as an Orioles troll, or is he an Orioles fan posing as a Nats fan, or something in between?  I'm not sure even he knows.  

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #12: January 19, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
    Dude, seriously, Powerboater has been posting for over 3 years on the Nats Message Board, and I have posted to him for about 3 years on the Nats Message Board (the other Board) and I have never had a problem with him, nor with his discussions/ and /or responses about Nats players/issues/organization.
    Someone who has posted for 3 years on the Nats Message Board as Powerboater69 has, is not considered a "troll", in my  book. And even though we both have low post counts on this FanForum, we have been around posting on Nats Message Boards for over three (3) years.
   He is not a troll, and I am not a troll. We have both been around for a long time on the Nats Message Board, as some of the posters, on this FanForum, who are using different post names than they use on the Nats Message Board, are well aware of. (Of Course my post count is not as huge as some of the people on this forum and the other Board, but still it's a beginning - I just hit 2,000 posts on the Nats Message Board, last week -yea, it only took me 3 years).
    Anyway, as to tales about Powerboater69 in the past, and his different post names, I do not get involved in that, I leave that to others who are into the Zimm/Cascada soap opera. Poweboater69 and I, have always had lively discussions on the Nats Message Board for over 3 years now.  As I have had with Dominic, who admits he is a Orioles fan, but post on Nats Message Board and goes to Nats games, and is a die-hard Redskins fan. 
    I don't have a problem with Powerboater69. Nor do I have a problem with NotLD.
 I just like to give NotLD a hard time (or jerk him around), since he seems to like to argue and agigtate.......he's kind of like a damn pit bull - sinks his teeth into you and won't let go till you say "you're right, you're right".......it does make things interesting, wouldn't you say......
        Sportsfan and NotLD have alot in common, in keeping this FanForum interesting........never, ever, boring, to be sure......

If the FO negotiations with big name FA's go as this thread is going, :bang: is it any wonder we don't have any Big Name guys who want to be on the Nats!  :crazy: LOL!

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #13: January 19, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
But this is exactly where Minty is coming from, make no mistake about it.  I respectfully raise objection to your use of the word "tales", which implies a certain element of fiction that just isn't the case here.
Is PB a Nats fan posing (from time to time) as an Orioles troll, or is he an Orioles fan posing as a Nats fan, or something in between?  I'm not sure even he knows. 
                    Oh Turtle, give me a break. Powerboater69 has over 8,800 posts on the Nats Message Board, and that is a fact. If you haven't figured it out, after 4,000 posts - It's a Mute Subject.  Just like I told Zilla...Move on...Move on.....   8)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #14: January 19, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
                    Oh Turtle, give me a break. Powerboater69 has over 8,800 posts on the Nats Message Board, and that is a fact. If you haven't figured it out, after 4,000 posts - It's a Mute Subject.  Just like I told Zilla...Move on...Move on.....   8)

But you're the one interjecting on PB's behalf.

Dope. 

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #15: January 19, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
If the FO negotiations with big name FA's go as this thread is going, :bang: is it any wonder we don't have any Big Name guys who want to be on the Nats!  :crazy: LOL!
           Excuse me.....Oh I really like that smiley that is doing a "crazy" sign.....real cute...good joke on me...... :$$$:

:icon_mrgreen:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #16: January 19, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
But you're the one interjecting on PB's behalf.
Dope. 
                  Yea I am. Sooooo. You can disagree with me, without calling me names, like "dope".

A person has 8,000 posts and you can't tell if he is an Orioles fan, or a Nats fan, or both. What is wrong with this picture.......I mean really...........whose playing who?  :roll:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #17: January 19, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »

A person has 8,000 posts and you can't tell if he is an Orioles fan, or a Nats fan, or both. What is wrong with this picture.......I mean really...........whose playing who?  :roll:

He has a lot more posts than that, but because they were troll posts under different identities they were deleted.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #18: January 19, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
You are the troll. No you're the troll. No way. He is definitely the troll.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #19: January 19, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
           Excuse me.....Oh I really like that smiley that is doing a "crazy" sign.....real cute...good joke on me...... :$$$:

:icon_mrgreen:
It was directed at the FO if that is how negotiations are handled. Which , I am sure , they are not handled that way. LOL! Just poking some fun! :lmao:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #20: January 19, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
You are the troll. No you're the troll. No way. He is definitely the troll.

(Image removed from quote.)
                EXACTLY....... :thumbs:  Uber Gobbelygook.......

Moving on.........

Offline CoachKlein

« Reply #21: January 19, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »
Tom, You want me to get rid of this guy? 2005 style

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #22: January 19, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »

Down boy, down.....     :lol:

don't bring out that Johnnynat alter ego unless you REALLY want to open up a big ol' can of you know what.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #23: January 20, 2010, 06:42:54 AM »
                 Who you talking about Coach? No games, player.....  8)

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #24: January 20, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

Spinman ....................................... ............. you're awesome.