Author Topic: Magic Number: Angelos can suck it and like it  (Read 27801 times)

Offline zoom

14, we hardly knew ya.

Offline DPMOmaha

Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman
And with #Dodgers 1-0 loss in Arizona, #Nats magic number to clinch a playoff spot is now 7.

Offline DPMOmaha

Oh, hey there!

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
Division will be 13 in about a half hour.

It's official...magic number IS 13!

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The only magic number that really matters us the home field one. The playoffs are a given and it would take a major collapse to lose the division. In the best of five DCS we really want to play a team that likely just used their ace in the wild card game.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
In the best of five DCS we really want to play a team that likely just used their ace in the wild card game.

It's not a given that the teams in the WC play-in game will have used their ace for that game. Most likely, they will be struggling and scratching just to get in that game and their rotation will fall as it may.

It's like the seventh game of a series. Whoever is slated to pitch that game will pitch. Of course, every pitcher will be available for the one WC game, just like the seventh game of a series or an elimination game. So that maybe an advantage there....

Offline Clever

I just love counting down to things!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Still want to finish ahead of Cincinnati.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
It's not a given that the teams in the WC play-in game will have used their ace for that game. Most likely, they will be struggling and scratching just to get in that game and their rotation will fall as it may.

It's like the seventh game of a series. Whoever is slated to pitch that game will pitch. Of course, every pitcher will be available for the one WC game, just like the seventh game of a series or an elimination game. So that maybe an advantage there....

Dos Breva weel neo dats dey da weeld cad, dey weel hab der rotashun awl reeda.

Offline Baseball is Life

Anyone care to guess the date when the Nats will clinch the division?

Offline Clever

September 24th

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

It's already a fact in my mind.

Offline Baseball is Life

September 24th

Hopefully it will be at home. I want to be there when they storm the field.

Offline stanleycaps98

• I root for the laundry
Storm the field?  C'mon, act like you've been there.

Oh, wait.

:D

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm just looking forward to the traditional looting.  I've got my eyes on some Starbucks pastry over by New Jersey Ave and M.  If you loot it, it does not have any calories.

Offline PC

I want it in that road Philly series so we can sully their road clubhouse like they did ours a couple of seasons ago...though clinching it before then and sullying the road clubhouse just for the hell of it also has a certain appeal.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I want it in that road Philly series so we can sully their road clubhouse like they did ours a couple of seasons ago...though clinching it before then and sullying the road clubhouse just for the hell of it also has a certain appeal.

I'm hoping that the Phillies come here for that 3 game series at the end of the season with the Phillies needing to win the final game to make that second playoff spot. And then we snatch it right out of their chubby little fingers.

Offline Baseball is Life

I'm just looking forward to the traditional looting.  I've got my eyes on some Starbucks pastry over by New Jersey Ave and M.  If you loot it, it does not have any calories.

:rofl:

Makes me wonder how the town will celebrate. I don't know since this is so new. What can we compare it to?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Wonder if the team will celebrate the playoff birth or wait to celebrate till they lock up the division. Or, heck, just have two celebrations!

Offline Baseball is Life

Wonder if the team will celebrate the playoff birth or wait to celebrate till they lock up the division. Or, heck, just have two celebrations!

They will celebrate the division. The WC is just a stepping stone at this point.

Offline loshjott

I think they will do some sort of celebration for clinching the WC. Maybe not the full on champagne drenching but they deserve something.

Offline Clever

Hopefully it will be at home. I want to be there when they storm the field.
I would just really like it if it happened on my birthday, though.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I think they will do some sort of celebration for clinching the WC. Maybe not the full on champagne drenching but they deserve something.

The WC clincher could happen overnight with a Dodgers loss in which case there would be an announcement and a big cheer before the next game but not a full blown pile up on the field.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Screw the jinx, I'm assuming the Alt loss and calling it a night.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked