Author Topic: June 1 Rainout VS Braves  (Read 695 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
June 1 Rainout VS Braves
« Topic Start: June 29, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
Has anyone heard when the June 1st game vs Braves will be played ?  It was rained out on 6/1

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: June 1 Rainout VS Braves
« Reply #1: June 29, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
Has anyone heard when the June 1st game vs Braves will be played ?  It was rained out on 6/1

split doubleheader on July 21 (1:05 start, regular game at 7:05).

Cheap bastards. :)

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #2: June 29, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
We have tickets for both games.  I wonder if they'll let us hang out at the Red Porch ?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #3: June 29, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »
We have tickets for both games.  I wonder if they'll let us hang out at the Red Porch ?

If I recall aright, on these separate-admission 'doubleheaders' they clear the ballpark once the first match is finished.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #4: July 02, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
I looked this up the other day and saw it. What the freak are they thinking? It was a night game. I had bought an extra ticket for that game. I was cool with a 4:05 start. No way in hell am I going to sit in 100 degree heat, the sun blazing down, then wait three hours for the next game. Stupid and cheap.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #5: July 02, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
Oh c'mon now.  Stupid & cheap just isn't true here.

What if Person A has seat X for game one.  Then Person B has seat X for game two.  Can't you see the obvious conflict here in terms of where the people from game one would sit in game two ?

I looked this up the other day and saw it. What the freak are they thinking? It was a night game. I had bought an extra ticket for that game. I was cool with a 4:05 start. No way in hell am I going to sit in 100 degree heat, the sun blazing down, then wait three hours for the next game. Stupid and cheap.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #6: July 02, 2012, 08:14:27 AM »
If the game for that night, you know the one where the Wallflowers are the post-game concert, wasn't already sold out they'd probably do a traditional double header.  Since the ghosts of 1997 are playing that isn't possible.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #7: July 02, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

What if Person A has seat X for game one.  Then Person B has seat X for game two.  Can't you see the obvious conflict here in terms of where the people from game one would sit in game two ?

But they've done it in the past. I think stupid and cheap does apply regardless of my nagging. Making your players play a game in possible 100° heat, then at night, then another 100 heat day game? Stupid. Especially when it was a scheduled night game and fans who hate day games like me purchased as such. But the wear on players equals stupid and cheap. Two consecutive day game in July plus a night game is insane.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: July 02, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »

every other time they've simply allowed those with tickets for the rained out game to exchange their tickets for the double-header.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #9: July 02, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
The way the crowds have been, it could be difficult to fit in the rained out crowd with the regular crowd

every other time they've simply allowed those with tickets for the rained out game to exchange their tickets for the double-header.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #10: July 02, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
The way the crowds have been, it could be difficult to fit in the rained out crowd with the regular crowd

I'd say so - we've drawn less than 35k for a Saturday only once this season (26,745 for Marlins on 21st April).

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #11: July 02, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
Don't you people realize the fabulous Wallflowers concert is that night?!?!?!?!?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #12: July 02, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
Because of the doubleheader NATS U is cancelled! >:<(