Author Topic: LIVAN: "I never go quit"  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
LIVAN: "I never go quit"
« Topic Start: July 21, 2005, 07:03:04 PM »
"I never go quit".  This is a quote taken from the pre-game show on Z104 by Livan Hernandez. They interviewed Livan and he was quoted as saying "Anybody who knows me knows I have never quit. I've never missed a start in my career and I will continue to play every fifth game". He said his knee felt like it was going to "explode" last night and didn't get to sleep until 6:00AM this morning because of the pain.

He said that the other news reporter took his comments out of context and that he would never "say anything bad". He wants to represent the city and he wants to play for his teammates.

Now that's the Livan I know.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: July 22, 2005, 10:11:55 AM »
He's just frustrated by the lack of support, and probably too by his own failure in giving up the late inning taters his last two starts.

Ken's probably right that he has some ill feeling towards perhaps Vidro, but that's not abnormal on a major league team.  

My take is he's just feeling the need for some affirmation, to not be taken for granted.

gosensgo05

« Reply #2: July 22, 2005, 10:20:42 AM »
Livan had a complete meltdown on Wednesday night.  He's frustrated that his team cannot score any runs.  I'm sure Patterson and Loiaza feel the same way.  

I wish Livan had not lashed out in front of television cameras.  I think the Nats need a closed meeting for players only.  Guys like Livan and Schneider are going to have to give some motivational speeches.  This slump is getting ridiculous.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: July 22, 2005, 10:46:19 AM »
I'm trying to see the positive in this slump.  We're not getting hammered in games, we're just barely getting beat, but it's happening repeatedly.

Just one more hit with a runner on base, or one less error, we turn a losing streak to a winning streak.  

Carroll and Schneider are playing great.  Wilson is showing why we got him.  The bullpen's picked itself up and looks solid.  The starters are very solid overall.  Baerga's been inspirational with his effort and hustle.  That slide two nights ago was outstanding!

I want to believe that getting Nick back will make all the difference.  He is such a relentless on-base machine and so dangerous with runners on base, it's exactly what we're missing.

We are right at the tipping point, just need that push in the other direction.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #4: July 22, 2005, 02:42:11 PM »
The only thing that bothers me is that they never COMPLETED the interview.  Everybody's just so excited and happy that he is not going to end his season that we forgot something:

What did he mean when he said "I have something to tell you...I will wait till the end of the year but it make me very mad.  Something I've been angry about for 3 years...but don't worry I'll tell you then."  :?:  :?:  :?:

None of the media has the balls to ask what he meant.  There might be a media spin going on.  Frank, Jim either or or BOTH resolved his frustration for now and told him: "Just tell the media it was a language problem...".  I'm sure we are all releived at the outcome: Livan for the rest of the season.  But there is something boiling underneath the fascade.