Author Topic: Ian Desmond Appreciation Thread  (Read 32714 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Ian Desmond Appreciation Thread
« Reply #325: July 08, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
That is mind blowing when you think about it. Seven years he was eligible. Six he didn't make it. This is a totally different thread, so post replies to some old RZ thread. But since I'm replying to your post, I will ask here: Does Zimmerman even have a shot at making the HOF if it continues as is? He seemed like a lock to be the first Nat. But I don't buy, trivial as the ASG is, a guy that makes it only once or twice in his career has a shot in hell at the HOF. Obviously if we make post season frequently, that changes things. But if it continues as is, no post season, one more ASG the next 7 years, no postseason heroics, has anyone ever been elected on so little?

But yeah, that 6 out of 7 is mind blowing.

As things are now he has a small chance of making the All-Star team, he has the signature moments (the walk-offs), and he was the best player on his team for a number of years, but injuries are keeping his numbers down.  The deciding factor will likely be how he plays in the post-season.

Another concern is his defensive range, I'd know that there are stats that measure range and at some point I'll get around to looking them up, but to my eye he's not getting to as many balls as he used to.  Once he catches the ball he's as spectacular as ever in turning and throwing to first, but there are too many balls getting by up the line.