Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1  (Read 23434 times)

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1
« Reply #600: August 26, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
can someone tell me what happened in the bottom of the inning?  espn and mlb are still loading super slow for me (maybe someone saw me wasting too much bandwidth on it here at school?)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #601: August 26, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »
Wow, pa, that def does not belong in the bwt :spaz:

She's from SI swimsuit

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #602: August 26, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »
can someone tell me what happened in the bottom of the inning?  espn and mlb are still loading super slow for me (maybe someone saw me wasting too much bandwidth on it here at school?)

Nyjer got hit by a pitch. Alberto singled to RF moving Nyjer to 3rd. Desmond hit a chopper that got by the drawn in 2nd basemen for the Nats victory.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #603: August 26, 2010, 11:49:29 PM »
C'mon smack is sexy.

So who the hell did Riggles think was going to pitch in the 14th?  Ah well, guess it doesn't matter.  What a bizarro game.

Wow, pa, that def does not belong in the bwt :spaz:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #604: August 26, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #605: August 26, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »

Ok just for Nathan

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #606: August 26, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
C'mon smack is sexy.

honestly that's the first thought that came to mind.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #607: August 26, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »
Hi haterz...kid came through like he has since all star break...what a stud.

One of the best wins of the year, imo.  Hell yeah nats :clap:

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #608: August 26, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
Nyjer got hit by a pitch. Alberto singled to RF moving Nyjer to 3rd. Desmond hit a chopper that got by the drawn in 2nd basemen for the Nats victory.

thanks... but I don't believe you.  AlGo... 2 hits in one game?  You could have made up something a little more plausible.  Anyone else want to fill me in?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #609: August 26, 2010, 11:58:11 PM »
She's from SI swimsuit

Then they have no standards remaining.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #610: August 27, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
Then they have no standards remaining.

:rofl: :clap:

We don't agree a lot...but yeah they don't.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #611: August 27, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »
:rofl: :clap:

We don't agree a lot...but yeah they don't.
I just went and skimmed through the past two SI swimsuit issues online, and I'd have to agree with you. There were one or two that were alright, but Lucia Dvorska, the Slovak girl from the '09 issue, is the only one that I found to be exceptionally attractive. The rest were completely unremarkable, in my opinion. Now, I'm very selective about what I find attractive, so I'm probably being way more picky than most people, but, in my opinion, almost all of the SI swimsuit models for the past two years are not all that great.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #612: August 27, 2010, 12:43:03 AM »
Just got home... I debated leaving in the middle of the ninth, watched the Bernadina HR from the concourse since my seat is second row from the field, then ran back down. What a great game. Of course the only thing that dims it is that you sit there knowing we are going to lose the entire time. Makes victories like these a bit less, but still, great game.

I actually called into the post game radio show for the first time. I was baffled by something, and they had no clue either. Because of rather poor bullpen preservation, the folks I sit with had been joking what happens when we are out of arms. I, as did everyone else, obviously  felt it would be Livo. It's been long enough since his last start, and it's... He's Livo. That's just who you go to.

Then at the end of the game I look up and walking down the dugout five feet away from me is John Lannan. Turns out he was our pitcher if the game had gone on and Slaten was done. Still doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but thankfully it's a moot point. I'd just be curious of the logic behind at call.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #613: August 27, 2010, 12:53:20 AM »
A) Off days scheduled soon?

B) Maybe with call-ups looming they would have skipped him.

C) Is it his bullpen day?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #614: August 27, 2010, 02:51:38 AM »
A) Off days scheduled soon?

B) Maybe with call-ups looming they would have skipped him.

C) Is it his bullpen day?

As far as A, no. Hernandez goes Sat, Lannan Sunday. Next off day is next Thursday, with Hernandez pitching next Friday and Lannan Saturday. Hernandez has has one extra day of rest since his last start. And he's Livan Hernandez. It literally makes no sense to me. Let's say it was reversed, and Lannan was the one with an extra day of rest since his last start. You still go with Livo simply because of the type of pitcher, durability wise, that he is.

Only reason for the call seems like Hernandez threw 120+, and Lannan 83 or 84 last time out. Of course, 120+ for Livo = 40-50 for Lannan. Just didn't seem like a logical call, but obviously it never happened and thus doesn't matter now. I simply found it curious seeing who Riggleman was going to go with.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #615: August 27, 2010, 03:27:10 AM »
As far as A, no. Hernandez goes Sat, Lannan Sunday. Next off day is next Thursday, with Hernandez pitching next Friday and Lannan Saturday. Hernandez has has one extra day of rest since his last start. And he's Livan Hernandez. It literally makes no sense to me. Let's say it was reversed, and Lannan was the one with an extra day of rest since his last start. You still go with Livo simply because of the type of pitcher, durability wise, that he is.

Only reason for the call seems like Hernandez threw 120+, and Lannan 83 or 84 last time out. Of course, 120+ for Livo = 40-50 for Lannan. Just didn't seem like a logical call, but obviously it never happened and thus doesn't matter now. I simply found it curious seeing who Riggleman was going to go with.
If Livan goes Saturday, Lannan Sunday, then makes a lot of sense to go with Lannan. Why pitch a pitcher on 2 days rest after a stressful 120 pitches (in 4 innings) then have him pitch again on 1 days rest?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #616: August 27, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »
Easy.  Riggleman was hoping to let LAAnnAAn pitch against a team that was actually asleep to see if he could get a few of them out.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #617: August 27, 2010, 03:59:44 AM »
If Livan goes Saturday, Lannan Sunday, then makes a lot of sense to go with Lannan. Why pitch a pitcher on 2 days rest after a stressful 120 pitches (in 4 innings) then have him pitch again on 1 days rest?

Because said pitcher is Livan Hernandez? I'm not just hyping up his durability. Anytime we need a starter on short rest, we go with Livo. Anyone who throws 60-80 on average could go out there every three days. Livan is almost unique in modern baseball for throwing with a fraction of the stress put on his body as other pitchers. Lannan isn't even remotely comparable. And let's say the fact that Lannan starts one day later is a key factor.

Then you consider who gives you a better chance to win. 2010 Livo, or AA Lannan? Ignoring the whole durability/rest issue, that fact alone makes Livo the obvious choice. Then factor in the physical stress difference between the two, and the decision just seems baffling to me.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #618: August 27, 2010, 04:05:58 AM »
Though Lannan only hits about 90 tops, it seems like he is going all out to hit that.  Livo at 85 seems like he is playing toss.  I agree, if we were going to use a starter, livo is the go to choice.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #619: August 27, 2010, 07:43:17 AM »
Last night I was about to go to bed and flipped back to the game, I had stopped watching around the time Zimmermann was pulled and saw the game in the 11th - great game and great comeback- I which I had seen it all

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #620: August 27, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »
Hi haterz...kid came through like he has since all star break...what a stud.

Why do you insist on labeling everyone that doesn't drop to their knees to suck off your pet players "haterz"?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #621: August 27, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
Why do you insist on labeling everyone that doesn't drop to their knees to suck off your pet players "haterz"?

It's because he is an LOL cat. I wish chief would implement code to replace his posts with pictures of Alicia Witt and Ann-Margaret.

Offline Rojo Johnson

• formerly Southeast Jerome
  • nages leave
« Reply #622: August 27, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
Seriously. I don't think it's a full-time gig, though.

He's at Monmouth Park and Del Mar quite a bit on their broadcasts. He's more of their "guy in the paddock". He knows his stuff. I was a little surprised he was on there.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #623: August 27, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
It's because he is an LOL cat. I wish chief would implement code to replace his posts with pictures of Alicia Witt and Ann-Margaret.

then just ignore me 8)

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #624: August 27, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »
then just ignore me 8)

Spidernat thinks I'm sensitive? :lol: