Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3 (L/11)  (Read 15305 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Good morning, Mr. Phelps, I mean, Mr. Lerner.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to dump the manager and several players from the Washington Nationals, and win the National League pennant - this year.  This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds...

Offline esoteric

Quote from: "LetsGoNats"
I guess I can't fault Frank for tonight's game too much. Ultimately, we had the lead and he gave 3 pitchers a chance to save it & none of them performed (or even came close).  This one is squarely on Rauch/Rodriguez/Eischen.

Not quite.  FR should NEVER have taken out Rauch.  Moreover, if he was going to do so, either Bergmann or Stanton would have been a better choice.  Anyone but Rodriguez and Eischen, who are by any measure the two worst reliever in our pen.  Using them is DOWNRIGHT PERVERSE.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I am a Dolphins fan and a few years ago, there was this guy that rhad a site www.firedavewannstedt.com.   He used to lambast him unmercifully (until Wanny finally "quit").   Somebody should start www.frankmustgo.com.  Chief?

Some squatter already has that domain.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Quote from: "esoteric"
I guess I can't fault Frank for tonight's game too much. Ultimately, we had the lead and he gave 3 pitchers a chance to save it & none of them performed (or even came close).  This one is squarely on Rauch/Rodriguez/Eischen.

Not quite.  FR should NEVER have taken out Rauch.  Moreover, if he was going to do so, either Bergmann or Stanton would have been a better choice.  Anyone but Rodriguez and Eischen, who are by any measure the two worst reliever in our pen.  Using them is DOWNRIGHT PERVERSE.
I said "too much."   By the way, did you see Stanton on Sunday & last night?  I suspect the game would have turned out the exact same way.

However, I do agree that he should have just stuck with Rauch.

Offline Jayman77

We all need to calm down here.  While this is a painful loss to swallow, this is a GAME.  It has no direct bearing on our lives, and it's best to put in the past and move on.

Offline LetsGoNats

Quote from: "The Chief"
I am a Dolphins fan and a few years ago, there was this guy that rhad a site www.firedavewannstedt.com.   He used to lambast him unmercifully (until Wanny finally "quit").   Somebody should start www.frankmustgo.com.  Chief?

Some squatter already has that domain.
What about www.firefrankrobinson.com?

or how about www.wakefrankup.com?

Offline Dave B

My mind is fried.  I want to break Joey Eischen's arms.  I am filled with an admittedly irrational hatred for him.

Oh, and maybe I want to kidney-punch FR too.

is it possible to sepukku someone else?

ThePeoplesChoice

I would have to think Rauch has been one of the better arms in the bullpen lately, why not just give him the whole inning in that situation???

Offline LetsGoNats

Quote from: "Jayman77"
We all need to calm down here.  While this is a painful loss to swallow, this is a GAME.  It has no direct bearing on our lives, and it's best to put in the past and move on.
Thanks, mom.  I didn't know that.   Just blowing off some steam.

Offline Dave B

STANTON!!!

Offline The Chief

That's why we vent here, so we don't run around smashing things instead ;)

Offline LetsGoNats

See yall tomorrow.  Same Bat-time, same bat-channel.

Offline Jayman77

Thanks, mom.  I didn't know that.   Just blowing off some steam.

Good, son.  I did the same thing earlier.  Don't blow that top off, 'k?

Offline Dave B

i need a keyboard with fist sized keys so i can PUNCH what i type and expend some energy

Offline nats2playoffs

Besides, we have smileys to do that.

ThePeoplesChoice

Okay, some thoughts here...

1.) The whole game was run perfectly up until the 11th when Frank decides to take the ball out of Rauch's hand who has probably been one of the better arms out of the bullpen lately.

2.) The 'Nats are still holding on to one of their strengths from last year. They were able to claw back into this game with a key Sac-Fly from LeCroy in the Ninth. However, around this time of year the Bullpen was unhittable.

3.) Another good start from Zach Day, I would guess he has a scoreless innings streak somewhere around 15 or 16 now??? I believe his last start he yeilded no runs. Anyway, starting to look up for him. This year Bowden hopefully wont be half the jackass he was last year and trade away all of the starters. That is, unless Frank pisses them off because he yanks them in the 3rd Inning of a scoreless game.

Offline The Chief

Quote from: "Dave B"
i need a keyboard with fist sized keys so i can PUNCH what i type and expend some energy

That is so going into my sig.

Offline Dave B

Quote from: "Dave B"

That is so going into my sig.

i'm honored

Offline esoteric

Gentlemen, our ship has come in: http://www.firefrobby.com/