Author Topic: Morgan - "... it feels good to be in a baseball city"  (Read 5465 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Lighten up. :)
Granted, that's hyperbole. But what does Nyjer Morgan have in common with those other names you listed? Violence, and not just once. I have no use for anyone who resorts to violence, ever, particularly when they are playing a freaking game, and getting millions for it. Or at least a game like baseball. Football, hockey, they are physical sports. Baseball isn't. Anyone who resorts to violence repeatedly, then taunts another teams fans, on top of everything else he did? Trash, plain and simple.

That someone would resort to violence, knowing kids are watching, etc... There are times, when a pitcher headhunts or a serious, long brewing conflict escalates beyond words, where you get it. Doesn't excuse it, but you get it. Morgan did it twice in the span of a week, and that escalation just wasn't there to explain or excuse it. I have no use for someone who goes out of control violent in a game like baseball. Yeah, those names you mentioned are far worse, but they all have something in common. They are violent, and unable to control their violent outbursts. Obviously they aren't even on the same wavelength, but the point still stands.

That's why I have despised Morgan so passionately. Crappy play, stupid play, lazy play, I can put up with. It's when you stop playing and start getting violent that I can't. The thing that really turned me, and why I'm still so passionate about this, is the way he reacted to the fans after getting his ass hauled off. He was taunting them, and obviously wanted to jump up there and keep it going. All while acting like he'd just won a million dollar prize for losing control and becoming violent without excuse or explanation. The look on his face, giving the fans the middle finger, it's an image that i can still see in my mind today. And afterwards, he had no genuine apology or remorse that I remember. So yeah, he's trash, and violent trash. All the horrible things people do, does it even rank as a worthy mention? Of course not. But this isn't a forum discussing the equals of Adolf Hitler, it's a forum talking about baseball players, and of current Nats, I guess I'd say Nyjer is the BTK of the Nats. There's some more of that hyperbole for you. :)