Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 3  (Read 15282 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 3
« Reply #25: August 17, 2008, 02:06:07 PM »
If they're doing track work on Metro again, that could make folks planning on being 15 minutes early 15 minutes late. Metro on the weekend has been pathetic.

Yeah we have a lame fanbase that is not really interested in the game itself. And that's not because the team sucks. People here are always late so that won't change when the team gets better.

Offline expos96

« Reply #26: August 17, 2008, 02:06:36 PM »
Nice hit by Ronnie

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #27: August 17, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
Nice drive down the third base line by Langerhans.  Signs of life?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #28: August 17, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »
Belliard is killing the ball in August, he's gotta be batting near .400

Offline expos96

« Reply #29: August 17, 2008, 02:07:38 PM »
Hmm it looks like MLB tv is late like more than a minute!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #30: August 17, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
I'll be happy if we manage to get one run today. :?

There is your run. Be happy. ;)

Offline expos96

« Reply #31: August 17, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »
And a lead for the Nats!
Pete Orr is out.
Langerhans to 3rd.

Offline expos96

« Reply #32: August 17, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
Ryan out at home.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #33: August 17, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »
Good play by the Rockies to get Langerhans out at home.  That guy Barmas is playing well today at second base.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #34: August 17, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
Ok.
It's not like in Europe people are allways on time.
But not in such numbers...

I like the idea of being on time. I have a few family member who are never on time and I have left them behind on numerous occasions.

I took an English chick to a game once. She had seen highlights of a baseball game on ESPN and she asked me if we could cheer at the game the way they were cheering on TV. :lol:  Of course the Nats rarely provide much to cheer about. But it sucked to have to try to explain the game to her while the game was going on since she didn't know the first thing about baseball and especially since I had to get her to repeat everything she said twice because of her accent. It made me appreciate our girls a little more, at least the ones that ACTUALLY know a little bit about baseball.

Offline fersaltiel

« Reply #35: August 17, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
crap. that run's gonna come back and hurt us.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: August 17, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »
If they're doing track work on Metro again, that could make folks planning on being 15 minutes early 15 minutes late. Metro on the weekend has been pathetic.

That happens for every game regardless of track work on the train.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #37: August 17, 2008, 02:11:57 PM »
Gee. I feel terrible that among your assortment of chicks was one with a charming accent and a naivety about baseball that made her have to hang on your every word. :)

Or maybe it wasn't like that.

I like the idea of being on time. I have a few family member who are never on time and I have left them behind on numerous occasions.

I took an English chick to a game once. She had seen highlights of a baseball game on ESPN and she asked me if we could cheer at the game the way they were cheering on TV. :lol:  Of course the Nats rarely provide much to cheer about. But it sucked to have to try to explain the game to her while the game was going on since she didn't know the first thing about baseball and especially since I had to get her to repeat everything she said twice because of her accent. It made me appreciate our girls a little more, at least the ones that ACTUALLY know a little bit about baseball.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #38: August 17, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
2B and 3B no outs and we settle for 1. I'm almost used to it though.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #39: August 17, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
Just my experience. I was pissed.

That happens for every game regardless of track work on the train.

Offline expos96

« Reply #40: August 17, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
And Pereze K's to end the inning.

Nats lead with 1-0

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #41: August 17, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »

QFT.  I can relate, I have had a similar experience only substitute football for baseball and german for english.

Offline expos96

« Reply #42: August 17, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »

Hmm, not all women from Europe have no idea.
Here's one who knows the game quit ok.
Not great, but ok.

Offline expos96

« Reply #43: August 17, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
QFT.  I can relate, I have had a similar experience only substitute football for baseball and german for english.
Probably could say the same about Hockey for you guys.
And indeed I donot mean Ice hockey.

Offline expos96

« Reply #44: August 17, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »
Don't forget the sports that are popular in Europe are others than in the USA.
Soccer - Football
Field Hockey - Ice Hockey

I learned about Football, because I used to watch it and wanted to know.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #45: August 17, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »
Gee. I feel terrible that among your assortment of chicks was one with a charming accent and a naivety about baseball that made her have to hang on your every word. :)

Or maybe it wasn't like that.

No it was sort of embarrassing to ask her to repeat everything she said. I also realized how difficult it is to explain baseball to someone who doesn't know the slightest thing about the game. I had a difficult time explaining the intentional walk to her. She couldn't understand the concept. But at least she knew about the balk rule.   But when her body did all the talking I had no need to ask her to repeat what she was trying to say but I did anyway.    ;)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #46: August 17, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »
Just my experience. I was pissed.

That did happen to me once in '06 and it was annoying. I missed the entire 1st inning.

Hmm, not all women from Europe have no idea.
Here's one who knows the game quit ok.
Not great, but ok.

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I was just messing around. I actually liked her a great deal and she was absolutely beautiful. Too bad she had to go back home.

Offline expos96

« Reply #47: August 17, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
No it was sort of embarrassing to ask her to repeat everything she said. I also realized how difficult it is to explain baseball to someone who doesn't know the slightest thing about the game. I had a difficult time explaining the intentional walk to her. She couldn't understand the concept. But at least she knew about the balk rule.   Bu when her body did all the talking I had no need to ask her to repeat what she was trying to say but I did anyway.    ;)
If she speaks Cockney?
Dont feel embarressed, we dont understand them too.
I once had a college on the phone and I couldnot understand a word she said, although my English is quit ok.

Offline expos96

« Reply #48: August 17, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
That did happen to me once in '06 and it was annoying. I missed the entire 1st inning.

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I was just messing around. I actually liked her a great deal and she was absolutely beautiful. Too bad she had to go back home.
Ok, noted.
But this can be heared more... :?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #49: August 17, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
If she speaks Cockney?
Dont feel embarressed, we dont understand them too.
I once had a college on the phone and I couldnot understand a word she said, although my English is quit ok.

I wouldn't know the difference. She is from the London area. But her friends here were from Germany and Finland and I could understand them better than the one who was actually a native English speaker.  :?