Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3 (W)  (Read 34124 times)

Offline Dave B

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3 (W)
« Reply #100: September 15, 2005, 04:48:34 PM »
thats hot

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #101: September 15, 2005, 04:48:37 PM »
Excellent.  Be sure to take your meds, folks.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #102: September 15, 2005, 04:48:47 PM »
At least I came on in time for the Bang/Zoom  :lol:

Offline carlfish

« Reply #103: September 15, 2005, 04:49:28 PM »
S'over!  we pulled outta 'nother one!

Bang Zoom!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #104: September 15, 2005, 04:49:37 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
At least I came on in time for the Bang/Zoom  :lol:

Better than coming on in time to watch Chad give up back-to-backers.  Which is what I did the other day.

Jerspos

« Reply #105: September 15, 2005, 04:49:54 PM »
BIG WIN NEVER SAY DIE

dotsandloops

« Reply #106: September 15, 2005, 04:50:30 PM »
3-for-3... can we make it 4-for-4?  Not if our ESPN/FOX record has anything to say about it!  :wink:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.  We're almost halfway to our ten-game winning streak.  Maybe we can have another June?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #107: September 15, 2005, 04:51:03 PM »
Quote from: "dotsandloops"
Quote from: "Jayman77"
Will you people f'ing relax?  Jesus.

I, for one, love the fickle posters.  It's kind of funny to see "oh my god we suck horribly.  we don't deserve to be in the playoff race" turn into "THE DREAM IS ALIVE!  I love this team!" in the space of two or three innings.

edit: No digs at anyone in particular, just that general mindset.  Capitals fans do it all the time.

I would prefer to think of it as a virtual room full of friends and fellow fans, who will groan and curse the screen as bad things happen, and cheer and get overly optomistic when good things happen.   So I don't take it as being fickle, but as being emotionally invested.

I am VERY emotionally invested in this team.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #108: September 15, 2005, 04:53:03 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "Jayman77"
Will you people f'ing relax?  Jesus.

I, for one, love the fickle posters.  It's kind of funny to see "oh my god we suck horribly.  we don't deserve to be in the playoff race" turn into "THE DREAM IS ALIVE!  I love this team!" in the space of two or three innings.

edit: No digs at anyone in particular, just that general mindset.  Capitals fans do it all the time.

I would prefer to think of it as a virtual room full of friends and fellow fans, who will groan and curse the screen as bad things happen, and cheer and get overly optomistic when good things happen.   So I don't take it as being fickle, but as being emotionally invested.

I am VERY emotionally invested in this team.

Gonna be a tough weekend for you Terpster.  ;)

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #109: September 15, 2005, 04:53:05 PM »
3-for-3... can we make it 4-for-4?  Not if our ESPN/FOX record has anything to say about it!  :wink:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.  We're almost halfway to our ten-game winning streak.  Maybe we can have another June?

I really dont get this team, Lose three of four to hte Marlins, lose 2 of three to the Braves. But SWEEP THE METS? I'm gonna stop trying to understand.

And what does everyone mean tomorrows game is national broadcast wont it be blocked out?

dotsandloops

« Reply #110: September 15, 2005, 04:55:57 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"

I really dont get this team, Lose three of four to hte Marlins, lose 2 of three to the Braves. But SWEEP THE METS? I'm gonna stop trying to understand.

And what does everyone mean tomorrows game is national broadcast wont it be blocked out?

Maybe.  I'm pretty sure I've seen a game or two on ESPN before but I could be thinking of FOX.  Now that you mention it, it might be blacked out here after all... but we still choke horribly, without exception, on national television.  Even in June we weren't immune to the curse (I think the game that snapped the 10-game streak was on FOX).

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #111: September 15, 2005, 04:57:13 PM »
Let's just hope the Mets don't return the favor when they come to see us at RFK next weekend :?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #112: September 15, 2005, 04:57:52 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Let's just hope the Mets don't return the favor when they come to see us at RFK next weekend :?

Shhhhhhh!   :wink:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #113: September 15, 2005, 04:59:06 PM »
Now what we need tonight is for Philly and Florida to lose.  Go stros, go bras  :shock:  :oops:

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #114: September 15, 2005, 05:06:59 PM »
I want to see Rick Short play more! To see, what he's really got but Frank is Frank. Short needs playing time because he looks like a good baseball player to me. :evil:

letsgonats91

« Reply #115: September 15, 2005, 05:23:55 PM »
That still doesn't change the fact that we're not going to the playoffs.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #116: September 15, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »
Quote from: "letsgonats91"

WOw, way to keep the hope alive, jerk

Offline The Chief

« Reply #117: September 15, 2005, 08:35:23 PM »

I don't think we're going to make it either, but there's certainly no need to be so blatantly pessimistic, jeeze.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #118: September 15, 2005, 09:41:11 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"

I don't think we're going to make it either, but there's certainly no need to be so blatantly pessimistic, jeeze.

My sentiments exactly, I mean it is obvious that the Astros, Phillies and Marlins are much better teams than us and probably will get the wild card over us. But a win is a win, and right now the other teams are not playing any where near their capabilites. I mean with a lil luck and hard work it could happen. I mean Im sure there's not one person in this forum who is completely convinced the Nats can make the playoffs. But to go and blatanly stated it like that especially after the most important sweep of the year is not only stupid but extremely regardless of others.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #119: September 15, 2005, 09:43:55 PM »
There probably aren't very many people in this forum who are convinced that the Nats CAN'T make it, either.  It does seem very unlikely, but hey, all the other WC teams pretty much stink, too, whether it be their pitching (Philly, Florida) or their offense (Houston), so there's certainly no reason to give up ALL hope just yet.

Offline PC

« Reply #120: September 15, 2005, 10:04:04 PM »
I went away from my computer after the 5th inning so I had no idea who won until long after the game was over.

I was ready to come here and rip the team some new ones for being so gutless to lose to a team that had been playing out the string for weeks!  Especially to lose after scoring 3 in the first!!!

Since, ultimately and thankfully we won, I'll have to save my venom for another time.  :lol:

dotsandloops

« Reply #121: September 15, 2005, 10:18:51 PM »
Sweet Jesus... I rescind everything I said because apparently there is no game four, and it's not on ESPN.  But good God!  I saw it with my own eyes!  I was looking for tomorrow's game on the ESPN schedule and saw "Washington Nationals vs. New York Mets -- ESPN" there.  Whew... I think I need more rest.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... maybe the schedule was as screwy as the Gamecast.  I feel absolutely stupid and completely bewildered at the same time  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Reading 80 pages in a biography of Muhammad in one sitting to catch up on classwork isn't very good for your sanity either.  I'm pretty sure that was it: I was distracted both by my work and by the game.

Either that or I'm just freaking nuts... sorry, guys, for my absolutely weird comments earlier!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #122: September 15, 2005, 10:26:25 PM »
Sweet Jesus... I rescind everything I said because apparently there is no game four, and it's not on ESPN.  But good God!  I saw it with my own eyes!  I was looking for tomorrow's game on the ESPN schedule and saw "Washington Nationals vs. New York Mets -- ESPN" there.  Whew... I think I need more rest.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... maybe the schedule was as screwy as the Gamecast.  I feel absolutely stupid and completely bewildered at the same time  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Reading 80 pages in a biography of Muhammad in one sitting to catch up on classwork isn't very good for your sanity either.  I'm pretty sure that was it: I was distracted both by my work and by the game.

Either that or I'm just freaking nuts... sorry, guys, for my absolutely weird comments earlier!

We forgive you.  Now read up some more on Muhammad and see if you can't muster up some jihadi mojo for the Nationals' series against those Vatican-loving, sinisterly casuistic Jesuitical Padres.  

Given that they humiliated us at RFK when they came out to visit, we could use all the help we can get.  They've been tailspinning lately...let's not be the team that brings them out of their funk, what say?

(P.S. You really need to buy an XTC album.  Hyper-intelligent art-pop.  Black Sea or English Settlement, but be forewarned that lead singer Andy Partridge sings like a seal barks occasionally.)

dotsandloops

« Reply #123: September 16, 2005, 05:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "esoteric"

We forgive you.  Now read up some more on Muhammad and see if you can't muster up some jihadi mojo for the Nationals' series against those Vatican-loving, sinisterly casuistic Jesuitical Padres.  

Given that they humiliated us at RFK when they came out to visit, we could use all the help we can get.  They've been tailspinning lately...let's not be the team that brings them out of their funk, what say?

(P.S. You really need to buy an XTC album.  Hyper-intelligent art-pop.  Black Sea or English Settlement, but be forewarned that lead singer Andy Partridge sings like a seal barks occasionally.)

Got 20 more pages in before breakfast (helps that I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't fall back asleep).  The Papists don't stand a chance.

I'll get Black Sea when I get the money for it.  I had heard some of their songs before and was turned off by Andy Partridge's voice but I didn't like a lot of people's voices at first.  I just spent my $50 monthly budget for disposable money but I'll download it (and maybe a couple other albums) and if I like it, I'll buy it in a couple of weeks.  Some people say that's a waste of money but I think it's a lot easier to bcome attached an album if you've got the real thing (I downloaded the new Sigur Ros disc about a month ago when it leaked, and like it a lot more now that I own it).  In general, if it's a big band that's made enough dough already, I don't buy it, but if it's a lesser-known or indie band I'm more than happy to give them my cash.