Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2 (L)  (Read 4892 times)

Offline esoteric

Nobody else has started this yet, figured I might as well. Wish I could find somewhere to cut & paste the lineup.

I'll take a 7 pitch first inning from the new guy, by the way.  I'm definitely in favor of that.

Shame I can't watch this game today.  Damn Fox blackout.

Offline esoteric

Hmmm...kinda quiet in here.  I can't be the only one trapped inside studying for an exam, can I?

Offline nats2playoffs

Where are you?  I have the game on Fox right now and it comes thru Comcast cable too.  I think MLB's contract may give exclusive rights to Fox for this.  Try again.  It's regular Fox, not FoxSports.

Offline esoteric

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Where are you?  I have the game on Fox right now and it comes thru Comcast cable too.  I think MLB's contract may give exclusive rights to Fox for this.  Try again.  It's regular Fox, not FoxSports.
(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

I'm in Chicago.  I get to watch the CUBS.  Now that's an exciting team.

Offline KyleScha

Welcome back Brian Schneider  :D

Offline esoteric

Didn't the Dodgers get the memo?  We have our starting catcher back now.  You don't steal on Brian Schneider.

Nice inning, no damage.

Offline nats2playoffs

I wonder if a Chicago sports bar or restaurant has multiple feeds from Fox.  The Hooters in Rockville MD had several games on at the same time for March Madness.  They must have 20 TVs in that place.  The manager told me they air ALL Nationals games.  I didn't ask if he had a phone plug-in for a laptop.  You should be able to get the game on Internet with a streaming video with a MLB subsrciption, for all but Chicago teams.  

Offline KyleScha

Why is anderson in there and not byrd?

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
thank god we have new comercials today!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ericas Nats

ohhhhhhhhh sorry guys... i spoke too soon!

dam southwest and PNC....

Offline esoteric

What would I know about commercials?  I'm listening to Charlie and Dave, and hearing the same ol' stuff.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "KyleScha"
Why is anderson in there and not byrd?

That's a good question.  Byrd gets walks and hits better.  I wonder if he's hurt.  Sean Hill is pitching his 1st MLB game in 2 years.  Nats are wearing their red shirts,l which kinda look like pajama tops.  Dodgers look like the old Senators uniforms.  So how many Cubs fans became bandwagon White Sox fans last year?  Are there fans of both teams?  
Hill is keeping the runner on 1st close to the bag with pickoff tries.

Offline Ericas Nats

ok im getting annoyed with the fox announcers...

Offline KyleScha

yea they are annoying me too.

Hill is doing respectable...gave up a run, but one run in 3 innings, I'll take it. As long as he can prevent any big innings and keep the Nats in it. They need to get their offense going though...

Offline nats2playoffs

Erica's Nats, you have a new avatar.  I liked the pink one.  I'm not a Screech fan because using a bird is too close to using an Oriole.  They ought to have Bozo the Clown.  Willard Scott went to American U in DC and was Bozo on some kid show and did funny tv commercials as the very first Ronald McDonald.  I don't think any subsequent Ronalds were the same.  Scott lives in the sticks of VA.  Fox announcers gushing over Sori.  Nats have Curly W caps but Frank has a DC cap.  Schneider left on.  After 3 innings:
Dodgers 1
Nationals 0

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Nice play by Aybar

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "esoteric"
What would I know about commercials?  I'm listening to Charlie and Dave, and hearing the same ol' stuff.

How can you get them in Chicago?  Is it AM?  I muted the TV guys last night and played the radio guys, who I think have someone in the clubhouse who gives them details the TV guys may miss.  Fox said Guillen was put on DL before the game.  But Sportsline lists him as on the bench - wonder who they brought up.

Offline KyleScha

Mike Vento

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Hill is pitching a lot better today than he did two years ago. You got to happy with the way the our minor league pitchers have stepped in this season and filled in.

Offline sportsfan882

They brought up Mike Vento from New Orleans.
Hill is looking good out there.  Hopefully we can get some hits off of Derek Lowe.  He's not as great as we are making him seem.

Offline nats2playoffs

So does MASN air PROSTATE commercials?????

Offline sportsfan882

You can't ask much more from Hill today.. 6 IP  1 ER against the highest scoring team in the National League.

Offline UMDNats

man, our offense sucks. Why cant Byrd start instead of Anderson? Hes useless.

Another 1-2-3 inning.

Offline UMDNats

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
They brought up Mike Vento from New Orleans.
Hill is looking good out there.  Hopefully we can get some hits off of Derek Lowe.  He's not as great as we are making him seem.

My question is, why hasnt Bill Bray been called up? He's owning AAA and theyre just letting him sit there.

Offline KyleScha

Yeah, we need Byrd in RF and batting second. This clayton at the 2 spot is bugging me to no end.