Author Topic: Out of Town Nats Fans - anyone in Seattle?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Becca11

• Lurker
Out of Town Nats Fans - anyone in Seattle?
« Topic Start: September 30, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »
Does anyone know how to link up with Nats fans in other cities? I moved to Seattle two years ago and would love to meet up with other fans for the playoffs.

...I am planning a trip back to DC 10/19-10/26 just in case...

Thanks.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Out of Town Fans
« Reply #1: September 30, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »
There's a member here (she hasn't been around much though) who moved from here to Seattle also. She claims to be the only Nats fan in Seattle. Here is her profile.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?action=profile;u=193

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2: October 01, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »
She has twins which keep her pretty busy!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: October 01, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
Great name.  My daughter's name is Rebecca she goes by BeccaBoo.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: October 01, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
Does anyone know how to link up with Nats fans in other cities? I moved to Seattle two years ago and would love to meet up with other fans for the playoffs.

...I am planning a trip back to DC 10/19-10/26 just in case...

Thanks.

Seattle is a city that attracts folks from other places, so you would think there are enough Nats fans there to commandeer the prime TV in a bar one weeknight, if you could only find each other.

Other than EricasNats, I'm not aware of anyone else identifying themselves as living there, nor do I know of a certain way to linkup.  Maybe we could modify the thread title a bit for a while to see if it catches anyone's eye.

Offline blue911

Re: Out of Town Nats Fans - anyone in Seattle?
« Reply #5: October 01, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
Great name.  My daughter's name is Rebecca she goes by BeccaBoo.

So only Gustavo got a really cool name?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #6: October 01, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
So only Gustavo got a really cool name?

It was a good call not going with something lame like Sebastian or Chad.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #7: October 01, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »
It was a good call not going with something lame like Sebastian or Chad.

Sebastian is a cool name. Gustavo is cooler.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #8: October 01, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »
Sebastian is a cool name. Gustavo is cooler.

I had actually voted for Alexander which is the coolest name in the world and my wife had suggested Ethan which is pretty lame.

The Gustavo nickname came up because some girl showed up at our doorstep asking for "Gustavo" and even though that's not my son's real name he recognized her and she actually squealed out "GUSTAVO!" when she saw him.  So my wife and I hypothesized that he's got a little harem going on because the girl down the street also has the hots for him.  Meanwhile the girl who moved away and comes back to visit every once in a while claims that she's going to marry him someday.  He's nine.  And the Gustavo thing happened when he was seven.

My son's awesome.

I think this conversation is going to get moved to uncensored.  :lol:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #9: October 01, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
I had actually voted for Alexander which is the coolest name in the world and my wife had suggested Ethan which is pretty lame.

The Gustavo nickname came up because some girl showed up at our doorstep asking for "Gustavo" and even though that's not my son's real name he recognized her and she actually squealed out "GUSTAVO!" when she saw him.  So my wife and I hypothesized that he's got a little harem going on because the girl down the street also has the hots for him.  Meanwhile the girl who moved away and comes back to visit every once in a while claims that she's going to marry him someday.  He's nine.  And the Gustavo thing happened when he was seven.

My son's awesome.

Daaaaaang your son IS awesome. Not least cuz telling people his real name is Gustavo is utterly baller.

I have to say though, my brother's Alexander and since he was born everyone's always shortened it to Alex. Alex is way less cool a name than Alexander unfortunately. My father wanted him to be named "Waldo" and decided, after he was born, to call him Waldo anyways, so ever since he was a kid, even up through the summers now when he comes home from college, he's had to deal with Dad calling for him by walking through the house (it's not that big a house) shouting "Wheeerrreee's Waldoooooo???"

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #10: October 01, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »
I wanted Alexander because I like the name Xan - which is what I would have called him.

Still, even if he's not a Gustavo, Everett's a pretty cool name.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #11: October 01, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
I wanted Alexander because I like the name Xan - which is what I would have called him.

Still, even if he's not a Gustavo, Everett's a pretty cool name.

Especially because that makes me think of Edward Everett Horton, who read the fractured fairy tales on Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #12: October 01, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »
If I had a son I'd name him Sue, and if I had a daughter I'd name her Deathray_2000

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #13: October 01, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
If I had a son I'd name him Sue, and if I had a daughter I'd name her Deathray_2000

Reasons 1,673,591 & 2 that we don't have kids.  :rofl:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #14: October 01, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
She has twins which keep her pretty busy!

Lame excuse.   :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #15: October 01, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
Seattle is a city that attracts folks from other places, so you would think there are enough Nats fans there to commandeer the prime TV in a bar one weeknight, if you could only find each other.

Plus, lots of military in the area (McChord(SP)/Ft. Lewis/sub base up there somewhere) so ya gotta have DC/Nats' fans all around.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: October 01, 2012, 02:03:19 PM »
Reasons 1,673,591 & 2 that we don't have kids.  :rofl:

What are you talking about?  I wish I had thought of Deathray_2000 for my daughter.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #17: October 01, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
I wish I had thought of Deathray_2000 for my daughter.

Your wife doesn't.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #18: October 04, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
I got family up in Bellvue and while I was visiting them this summer I decided to go to a mariners game.  The only day it worked out that i could go was felix's perfect game.  Safe to say I chose a goo game to go to.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #19: October 04, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »

My son's awesome.

My twin boys are Alexander and Ryan, but we call him Alex.

Offline Becca11

• Lurker
« Reply #20: October 05, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »
Thanks everyone. Seattle is underwhelming as a sports town. It was just this year that Redskins fans organized at a bar. Who knows, if we go deep enough in the playoffs, maybe we pick up enough bandwagonners for a Nats bar next season!

I sent a message to the "only" Nats fan in Seattle. If you think of anyone else send them my way.

...and I'll be sure to let my mom know you like my name. She's also a big Nats fan :)

Becca

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #21: October 06, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »
I'm kind of hoping to be some day, if I don't pick some other west coast city.