Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1 (Miss Iowa)  (Read 17476 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #475: July 31, 2010, 01:42:26 AM »
I don't want to go to bed.

Tonight was fun, I'm worried when I wake up I'll learn it was all a dream and Edwin Jackson will be part of our team.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #476: July 31, 2010, 04:00:17 AM »
She's a class act and you'd have to be a total loser to abuse that.
I sent her a Thank you, too!  I am too amped up to sleep anymore! We are so proud of Stammen, Clip and of course... Balester! ;)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #477: July 31, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
How awesome would it be if someone hooked up with her in the clubhouse? Team drama haha! Who gets first crack at the girls? I'd guess Zim, I think Dunn is married, and I know Stras is. I can see the girls liking Desmond.

She'd have to stand in line behind hammonds. She has a fight in her hands.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #478: July 31, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
You can definitely tell what's on Batista's mind in those photos.

:crazy:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #479: July 31, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
[...]32,590 paid attendance

...the only real oddity from last night - looked fuller.

Terrific night in TBSITH watching the beat-down and all those Phillies supporters streaming for the exits well before full-time. Even Metro worked halfway decent for a change.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #480: July 31, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
it didn't feel like a phillies home game either, there were lots of phillies fans, but we were still in the majority (at least from what i saw).

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #481: July 31, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »

Terrific night in TBSITH watching the beat-down and all those Phillies supporters streaming for the exits well before full-time. Even Metro worked halfway decent for a change.

Carpenter said on the last home stand that the free tickets issued as part of the "get one game free" season sale do NOT count as part of the paid admissions.  That's how Strasburg games showed less than capacity, when it was actually sold out.  They pushed the deals as the only way to get tickets to the Strasburg debut.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #482: July 31, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »

What's TBSITH?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #483: July 31, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
The Best Seat In The House?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #484: July 31, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
A character from Star Wars with Tuberculosis?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #485: July 31, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
A character from Star Wars with Tuberculosis?

HA!

I just spit my drink up!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #486: July 31, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »
The Best Seat In The House?

Correct - front row, gallery level, just slightly to the left of home plate...incomparable sightlines...my STH home ever since the ballpark opened. The beer service has gotten better in that level since the first couple of seasons, too.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #487: July 31, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
I heard Donovan McNabb was at the game, but the Nats didn't want to put him up on the board due to Stan Kasten being in bed with Philly.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #488: July 31, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
Miss Iowa

Zimmy

Nyjer's triple

View from our seats

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #489: July 31, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
I find it hillarious that moronic "Captain Morgan" got bumped by this. Honestly, while they kept showing him on the scoreboard I was telling a friend that Stan Kasten has finally lost it and figured that having a fake Johnny Depp in a pirate costume would sell more tickets. Then during the seventh inning I noticed the ads selling rum at the bottom while he was on the scoreboard. Some clown in a pirate costume selling alcohol throwing out the first pitch? I'll take Ms. Iowa any day, thanks. The whole thing is rather foolish, having someone pose as an illustrated corporate mascot of a 17th century pirate.

On another note, how exactly do you get a job where you run around dressed as a pirate selling alcohol with hot women on your arms? 'Cause I'm definitely interested in getting paid to do that.
It's nothing special to Nats park, it's a 15 park tour this year, probably the rest next year.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #490: July 31, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »
Correct - front row, gallery level, just slightly to the left of home plate...incomparable sightlines...my STH home ever since the ballpark opened. The beer service has gotten better in that level since the first couple of seasons, too.

I agree, infield gallery seats are easily the best value in the house.  We have been in 319 and 309 and both are simply fantastic sections for $22.  I'm not sure there  is a bad IG seat.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #491: July 31, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »

Dominion Lager is now available on the concourse very close to your location.