Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1  (Read 31003 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #75: April 05, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
I'm sorry Lannan's demotion puts your knickers in a twist, but having pitching depth would be a great problem to have.

lol? It was a joke. I was apathetic about the Lannan thing.

Edit: Damn, I should have gone all bleeding heart and argued the opposite side of the Lannan thing this time just to troll Chief.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #76: April 05, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
Hate is a bit strong, the White Sux don't really warrant the attention.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #77: April 05, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
Hate is a bit strong, the White Sux don't really warrant the attention.

And the Cubs do?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #78: April 05, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
BASEBALL!!!

Out-of-towners: care to PM any links you have to the game? Not sure if WGN will be airing the game locally

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #79: April 05, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
And the Cubs do?

I am guessing you have never been to a game at Wrigley. ;)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #80: April 05, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »
I am guessing you have never been to a game at Wrigley. ;)

No.  Going to Wrigley doesn't warrant the attention.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #81: April 05, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
LoD present and accounted for. Happy Opening Day to all Nats fans.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #82: April 05, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
While your generalizations have a bit of truth to them, you must know, that only Cubs fans believe that Cubs fans don't hate Sox fans.  Cubs fans hate Sox fans with a passion, they just pretend that they don't, try to believe the White Sox really don't exist, and act holier-than-thou when the Sox fans act up about Cubs fans, when Cubs fans are generally just as bad.  This has come out in spades since the Sox won it all in 2005, and Cubs fans reacted with rage over the concept that the ugly little sister got to be prom queen first.  And the old stereotype of working class, beer swilling Sox fans vs yuppified brokers and business suit Cubs fans has almost been reversed.  The drunken debauchery at Wrigley Field far exceeds any such behavior at US Cellular Field.  I have never feared for my own safety in all the years I have attended White Sox games at Comiskey and the Cell until the interleague games between the Cubs and Sox.  Drunken Cubs fans are impossible to deal with.  Wrigley Field has become a real party-frat boy atmosphere so much so that many of my friends who are Cubs fans and have kids refuse to subject their children to the Wrigley Field experience. 

Yes, these are over-generalizations as well, but the old stereotypes of the "family atmosphere" and "friendly confines" of Wrigley Field and the thugs and gangstas at the Cell are really getting to be reversed these days. 

Cubs fans hate us just as much as we hate them, they just think they're better than us because of their "loyalty" and "tradition" and whatever kool-aid they drink.  That's what offends me most about the basic die-hard Cub fan.  They truly believe being a Cub fan makes them better than the rest of us.  Well, bite me.  Being a White Sox fan, or a Nats fan, or a Seattle Mariners fan is no different. 

I wonder where umpires feel safer?

Too soon?

Offline MiNatFan

« Reply #83: April 05, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
Opening day!! FINALLY!!

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #84: April 05, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
While your generalizations have a bit of truth to them, you must know, that only Cubs fans believe that Cubs fans don't hate Sox fans.  Cubs fans hate Sox fans with a passion, they just pretend that they don't, try to believe the White Sox really don't exist, and act holier-than-thou when the Sox fans act up about Cubs fans, when Cubs fans are generally just as bad.  This has come out in spades since the Sox won it all in 2005, and Cubs fans reacted with rage over the concept that the ugly little sister got to be prom queen first.  And the old stereotype of working class, beer swilling Sox fans vs yuppified brokers and business suit Cubs fans has almost been reversed.  The drunken debauchery at Wrigley Field far exceeds any such behavior at US Cellular Field.  I have never feared for my own safety in all the years I have attended White Sox games at Comiskey and the Cell until the interleague games between the Cubs and Sox.  Drunken Cubs fans are impossible to deal with.  Wrigley Field has become a real party-frat boy atmosphere so much so that many of my friends who are Cubs fans and have kids refuse to subject their children to the Wrigley Field experience. 

Yes, these are over-generalizations as well, but the old stereotypes of the "family atmosphere" and "friendly confines" of Wrigley Field and the thugs and gangstas at the Cell are really getting to be reversed these days. 

Cubs fans hate us just as much as we hate them, they just think they're better than us because of their "loyalty" and "tradition" and whatever kool-aid they drink.  That's what offends me most about the basic die-hard Cub fan.  They truly believe being a Cub fan makes them better than the rest of us.  Well, bite me.  Being a White Sox fan, or a Nats fan, or a Seattle Mariners fan is no different. 

Here slow down a bit friend

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #85: April 05, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #86: April 05, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
houston's got the right idea :thumbs:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #87: April 05, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
Ha, replaying a Nats extra-innings win over the O's on MASN at the moment.  Willingham walk-off.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #88: April 05, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
houston's got the right idea :thumbs:

BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL

Offline The Chief

« Reply #89: April 05, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »
Ha, replaying a Nats extra-innings win over the O's on MASN at the moment.  Willingham walk-off.

Capps pitching, Dibble on the mic, Riggleman in the dugout...  man things have changed a lot in just a couple of years.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #90: April 05, 2012, 01:04:16 PM »
Nice to see opening day on espn2- can't bump the 15th sports center rerun

Offline The Chief

« Reply #91: April 05, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »
Capps pitching, Dibble on the mic, Riggleman in the dugout...  man things have changed a lot in just a couple of years.

Nieves behind the plate.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #92: April 05, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
First pitch about to be thrown in Detroit!  It's baseball time!!!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #93: April 05, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
I see "Just for Men" is a MASN sponsor yet again :hang:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #94: April 05, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
I see "Just for Men" is a MASN sponsor yet again :hang:

They understand baseball's target audience.  :?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #95: April 05, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »
They understand baseball's target audience.  :?

Minty, win or lose, I just want you to know that your stache is trash.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #96: April 05, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
Minty, win or lose, I just want you to know that your stache is trash.

Ooh, it's bad.  But what can I do about it?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #97: April 05, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
Interesting tidbit:  In Detroit, last year's AL MVP threw the first pitch of the season to the runner up of the AL MVP. 

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #98: April 05, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
My once-a-season (or so) pop-in to remind out of towners like me that the MLB Extra Innings package has a FREE PREVIEW for the first week  :money:

The Cubs feed is also airing on WGN.

Let's play ball, go Nats!!!   :w: :panic: :woop: :pray:

... I guess my avatar is timely  :-[

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #99: April 05, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
My once-a-season (or so) pop-in to remind out of towners like me that the MLB Extra Innings package has a FREE PREVIEW for the first week  :money:

The Cubs feed is also airing on WGN.

Let's play ball, go Nats!!!   :w: :panic: :woop: :pray:

... I guess my avatar is timely  :-[

ooooooooh, yes! I was thinking of picking up the MLB.TV package, but it's a little pricy right now