Author Topic: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.  (Read 6038 times)

Offline RD

Re: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.
« Reply #25: June 10, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
Im glad he got a chance to at least explain his side.

Like I said, I saw nothing offensive in it. There is a huge difference between the word ending in A and ending in ER. Any black person would tell you the same.

A is a term of endearment essentially. I guess it has a lot to do with how and where you were raised. I am white, but I was in the minority at my high school. In any urban area, this is commonplace. Whites call whites it, blacks call whites it. Whites call blacks it. Asians call mexicans it. Twice this week, I have been called it. By a 48 year old black guy at work, and a 27 year old white friend. I admit, when I was in high school, I used it as well. Its like whats up dude, whats up bro, things along those lines. It's not derogatory.

Certainly, you dont walk up to a person on the street and call them it. But among friends, it is a commong slang word. Whether you think its right or not, thats how society is. I dont believe Ive used it since I was in high school(maybe 18/19) but don't see the wrong in it, when it's amongst friends who understand.

Hopefully the kid can get past this, and it's a lesson learned.