Author Topic: .625 winning percentage since Eckstein was fired  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Last year and this year's splits at this time:

BA : .234 / .260

OBP : .296 / .329

OPS : .687 / .758

Early, but . . .  interesting?

Offline PC

Mike Trout this season:  BA - .257 2HR 5RBI .333OBP

FYI, the assistant hitting coach for the Angels is Rick Eckstein.

Instead of Trout being "lost" at the plate, he's "found" Rick Eckstein in the Angel's dugout.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
You idiot, that's more or less where he was at this point in 2012 and 2013.  :idiot:

Offline PC

Yeah because Rick Eckstein will have NO impact on Mike Trout.  Talk to me in a month.

Offline spidernat

I guess addressing the fact that his numbers are slightly better than the previous two seasons does not fit your agenda.

Offline PC

I guess addressing the fact that his numbers are slightly better than the previous two seasons does not fit your agenda.

Less.  YOU posted less and then edited it out.  Again, check back in a month.  Eckstein has brought down greater men than Trout.

Offline spidernat

Less.  YOU posted less and then edited it out.  Again, check back in a month.  Eckstein has brought down greater men than Trout.

I took out the word because it didn't make sense the way I had written it. His numbers are currently slightly better at this point than they have been at the same point in the previous two seasons.

Offline blue911

For truth look what he did to Matt Stairs.

Offline spidernat

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Early, but . . .  interesting?

Love the Eckstein bashing, believe me, but Eckstein hasn't brought down greater men than Trout.  He'll be fine, and Spider hit it on the head.

Offline monkeyhit

Eckstein and Johnson = 2013 fail

Offline BigMeech

Love the Eckstein bashing, believe me, but Eckstein hasn't brought down greater men than Trout.  He'll be fine, and Spider hit it on the head.

He brought down the franchise.

Offline MorseTheHorse

Eckstein and Johnson = 2013 fail

Absolutely. 

Offline houston-nat

Eckstein has brought down greater men than Trout.

The only better hitter in baseball during Trout's career is Cabrera. Votto is a close third. Did Eckstein bring them down?

You are hugely overrating Eckstein's importance. Mike Trout is an all-time-great player and a different coach won't make him a bad player. That's impossible.

Offline sportsfan882

Joey Votto is terribly overrated.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Joey Votto is terribly overrated.

By whom?

Online HalfSmokes

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline PC

Rick Eckstein, doing work.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/not-so-fast-has-the-best-player-in-baseball-become-mortal-051414

Offline monkeyhit

Second lineup he's destroyed.  Who's next?   ;)

Offline expos1994

Mike Trout is an all-time-great player and a different coach won't make him a bad player. That's impossible.

all-time great player? He's played less than 3 seasons.

You are jumping the gun by about 5 country miles with that label.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
http://regressing.deadspin.com/what-happened-to-mike-trouts-swing-1578978948/+reubenfb

Oh, my god. He's human.

Now that he's a superstar, the pressure builds to be, well, a superstar. He should call his friend Bryce about having to live up to expectations.