Author Topic: Favorite Actors/Characters  (Read 2581 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Favorite Actors/Characters
« Reply #25: June 25, 2007, 04:30:55 PM »

He has to go in here. Scent of a Woman, Carlito's Way, and Scarface are his best, I think.

IMO, Carlito's Way was actually the best movie he was in...not necessarily his best role.

natsfan1a

« Reply #26: June 25, 2007, 05:45:19 PM »
Don't forget Dog Day Afternoon and the Godfather movies.

natsfan1a

« Reply #27: June 25, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »
I'm trying but I can't pick just one!  :?

« Reply #28: June 25, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »
Pacino I hear is doing a movie about the life of my favorite artist, "Dali".

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #29: June 25, 2007, 10:33:12 PM »
Let's not forget about:

, , and

All awesome performances.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #30: July 04, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
"Old" School- Alec Guiness, Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn (Bringing Up Baby and His Girl Friday are hilarious to this day), William Powell and Myrna Loy (The Thin Man series), anything with Gregory Peck in it, agree on Lemon, Klugman & Randall, Spencer Tracy, Bogey, Walter Matthau, David Niven, Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Jimmy Stewart (Harvey still cracks me up), Sidney Poitier, Billy Gilbert (wonder if anyone can ID this extremely funny man?), Errol Flynn

"New" School- Woody Allen, Redford, Newman, Nicholson, Harrison Ford, Denzel, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Jack Black, Pacino and DeNiro (obviously), Meryl Streep, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss (why don't I see him anymore?), Susan Sarandon, Morgan Freeman, Gene Wilder (Young Frankenstein), Marty Feldman (ditto), Gwyneth Paltrow, Diane Keaton, Shirley MacLain (is she old or new school?), Alan Arkin, Donald Sutherland, Tommy Lee Jones, Michael J Fox, Robin Williams, Sean Connery

Best of each school (pick one)?

Since no one picked up on my challenge to ID Billy Gilbert, he played Joe Pettibone in His Girl Friday. He stole the show as  a bumbling messenger who brings a reprieve from the governor for a condemned man who's hiding in a desk. His picture is below, and I urge anyone who hasn't seen the movie to do so, if for no other reason than to watch Gilbert's scene (of course the rest of the movie is magic, with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #31: July 04, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »
Any "Big Dan Teague" fans out there?