Author Topic: Fielder  (Read 215379 times)

Offline Rasta

Re: Fielder.
« Reply #3450: January 19, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »
Michael Young

The same Michael Young that was almost traded to Colorado last year?  He's a fan favorite but I think Hamilton would be way above him.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #3451: January 19, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Mark Zuckerman @MarkZuckerman 45m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
RT @BNightengale Prince Fielder (ever so quietly) remains strong on #Rangers' radar #MLB usat.ly/yT9MKd

I'm stick with my prediction that he signs with the Rangers.  I'll change it to Monday or Tuesday though since the NFL playoffs are Sunday.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #3452: January 19, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Sign Fielder.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #3453: January 19, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm 3m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Based on our conversation with Jon Daniels @mlbnetworkradio regarding Fielder;it would be my humble opinion that Nats have to be frontrunner

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #3454: January 19, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Dupe. I hope Bowden is right.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3455: January 19, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
Jim Bowden tweets: Based on our conversation with John Daniels regarding Fielder; it would be my humble opinion the Nats have to be frontrunner.

JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm 3m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Based on our conversation with Jon Daniels @mlbnetworkradio regarding Fielder;it would be my humble opinion that Nats have to be frontrunner

Rasta for the win by 34 seconds.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #3456: January 19, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
I hate this crap, HATE IT. One minute I wanna rage, the next there's hope. If this doesn't happen, there will be hell to pay, BELIEVE THAT!!!!!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #3457: January 19, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »
I hate this crap, HATE IT. One minute I wanna rage, the next there's hope. If this doesn't happen, there will be hell to pay, BELIEVE THAT!!!!!

They may take our lives, but they will never take

OUR FREEDOM!!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3458: January 19, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »
OK with me if Texas signs Fielder to a whopper contract and does not re-sign hamilton next year.  Lot's of speculation that that one is an either / or, and I would rather have hamilton at a cheaper price than fielder.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/hamilton-or-fielder/

Offline Ray D

« Reply #3459: January 19, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
OK with me if Texas signs Fielder to a whopper contract and does not re-sign hamilton next year.  Lot's of speculation that that one is an either / or, and I would rather have hamilton at a cheaper price than fielder.

A full-time Hamilton is worth much more than Fielder.   The key is "full time", but sometimes you have to roll the dice.   Trade for Hamilton (he'll come reasonably cheap), extend him, and forget about Fielder. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #3460: January 19, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
yeah i'd like hamilton too, but i really don't want to wait ANOTHER year to add a significant piece.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #3461: January 19, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »

That would work for me.

If he goes to Texas, Hamilton will have to hit the road. If he comes here, Morse will have to pack his bags. There's only so much cash to go around, fellas.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #3462: January 19, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
yeah i'd like hamilton too, but i really don't want to wait ANOTHER year to add a significant piece.

Add him now.  At least talk to Texas about it. They just might want to unload him now and sign Fielder, and Hamilton might like the idea of coming here.  At least it's an idea worth pursuing.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #3463: January 19, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

I feel you. This crap had drug on for way too long. This is worse than the Tex sweepstakes.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #3464: January 19, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
I love Josh Hamilton but the guy has only played a full season once.  He just misses way too much time.  And if you extend him do you really think he can play CF at a high level down the road?  He's only played CF in a limited role the past 2 years. 

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #3465: January 19, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
Add him now.  At least talk to Texas about it. They just might want to unload him now and sign Fielder, and Hamilton might like the idea of coming here.  At least it's an idea worth pursuing.

why would hammy rather play here?  in texas he has great lineup depth and plays in a great hitter's park.  plus he would cost A LOT.  we might as well try trading for mcCutchen or Ellsbury

Offline Ray D

« Reply #3466: January 19, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
why would hammy rather play here?  in texas he has great lineup depth and plays in a great hitter's park.  plus he would cost A LOT.  we might as well try trading for mcCutchen or Ellsbury

I have no idea if or why he would want to I'm just saying it's worth the discussion.  But no, I'm not so sure it would cost alot.  If we traded for him it would be a clear sign to Texas that we are no longer pursuing Fielder, further lowering his market, so that might provide incentive to trade Hamilton to us, that's additional incentive along with the fact that if they sign Fielder they're going to have to unload him.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3467: January 19, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
I don't mind the injury risk with Hamilton, or the risk the MDS will become his new drug supplier.  I just want the max out of him for 3 or 4 years and goodwin gradually taking over the CF position.  Actually, Texas last year tried saving Hamilton from wear and tear by putting him in left until the playoffs, and it did not work.   

More fundamentally, it shows that there is life after Fielder and there are multiple paths to building this team.  I've said I'd walk away from fielder if we were locked in more than 7/ $161MM, and I'm still there.  6/ $150MM would please me.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #3468: January 19, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
i can't stand looking at twitter any more, i always check it thinking there will be something about Fielder, and there never is.  Sigh....

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline Rasta

« Reply #3470: January 19, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
This was part of Jimbo's tweets earlier that I somewhat missed. 

JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm 3h  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Daniels told us @ XM 89 "we're not denying what Prince brings to the table..I think from a budget perspective it is UNLIKELY we sign him"

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #3471: January 19, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
IS EVERYONE FULL OF crap!?

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!!!???

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #3472: January 19, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
Hmmmmmmm. Apparently this was taken earlier today, just checked MLB store and it's not there now. Doesn't look photoshoped, but I can't say it isn't. If you remember the Wizards a couple weeks before their new jerseys unveiled had their logo leaked:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3473: January 19, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
Hmmmmmmm. Apparently this was taken earlier today, just checked MLB store and it's not there now. Doesn't look photoshoped, but I can't say it isn't. If you remember the Wizards a couple weeks before their new jerseys unveiled had their logo leaked:

(Image removed from quote.)

Bullcrap

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #3474: January 19, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
Looks shopped to me.

Gotta get me a Carroll jersey though, what a stud! :P