Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103719 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Does anyone else think it's a little strange having models show their skinny waists in the Benefiber commercial? I mean, models and laxatives? Is that really the way you want to advertise?  :shock:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Does anyone else think it's a little strange having models show their skinny waists in the Benefiber commercial? I mean, models and laxatives? Is that really the way you want to advertise?  :shock:

Back in my day, 3-4 cups of coffee and 50 jumping jacks was all one needed to get things moving.    :old:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
in the interest of karma, here is VW's upcoming SB commercial that will tear at your heart if you are a parent:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
What with the unintended acceleration problems the Germans had a few years ago, I don't think I'd risk filming that commercial.  :)
in the interest of karma, here is VW's upcoming SB commercial that will tear at your heart if you are a parent:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
What with the unintended acceleration problems the Germans had a few years ago, I don't think I'd risk filming that commercial.  :)

Early 80's?  That was Audi, brake pedal too close to the gas pedal.  Not quite like Toyota's computer systems running amok.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Mid 80s (the 60 Minutes piece was in '86), but time all blends together when you are my age. But you should know that, being just as mature as me.

Early 80's?  That was Audi, brake pedal too close to the gas pedal.  Not quite like Toyota's computer systems running amok.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

:rofl:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Bullcrap commercial, it should have been a CC.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

not that cheap-@ss $20K Passat. How do you say Camry in German?

Bullcrap commercial, it should have been a CC.   

Offline PatsNats28

Super Bowl bump? I thought the Detroit/Chrysler commercial was fantastic (but does not mean that I'm ever gonna buy a Chrysler...)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Wasn't that posted here too?

I must be getting old.  Suffering from Deja Vu

Offline DPMOmaha

It might have been.  I didn't see it, though.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Brian Wilson talks to Brian Wilson.
Are the Beach Boys on any vitrual reality band games?  I wouldn't think they are a fit for guitar hero.  the conversation I would like to hear is virtual Brian Wilson (RP) talking to virtual Brian Wilson (Beachboy).

Offline DPMOmaha

have the commercials for 1800 tequila been mentioned yet?

Offline CALSGR8

The radio commercial for Geico describing a Mime!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The radio commercial for Geico describing a Mime!
Makes you want to smash your TV?  :mg:

Offline CALSGR8

[[ :)quote author=JCA-CrystalCity link=topic=20419.msg692963#msg692963 date=1297346953]
[/quote]

Ok you got me slightly off topic!  :-[

Offline GburgNatsFan

It makes me want to smash pretty much everything.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Okay, I sort of like this Chrysler/Detroit commercial but the very first time I heard....

"Let me ask you a question. What does this city know about luxury? What does a city "been to hell and back..."

My first thought was back??? Detroit is back???

Pretty good commercial, though.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
There is no good way to advertise laxatives.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

I hate all those commercials for digestive problems where they show womens' stomaches twisting and turning.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Every Geico commercial is stupid - these provide no product info, but try to get the listener to laugh

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Every Geico commercial is stupid - these provide no product info, but try to get the listener to laugh
disagree.  they emphasize it is quick (15 Minutes) and easy to get their insurance and might save you money. "So easy a caveman can do it" is a great pitch.  The Gecko is a more general pitch for their products. 

What GEICO doesn't do is emphasize how easy is it to get check once an accident happens. That's Allstate's pitch.

Offline CALSGR8

I'm so sick of the kid who says to get " The blue one".  Though.