Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 2375 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Motorcycles
« Reply #50: March 25, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
Yeah, Allegany College has a rider safety course every so often. This is one I was looking at just for craps and giggles:

(Image removed from quote.)

Sit on it.   Take it for a spin.   My rule of thumb, "Make sure it fits."    A bike may be cute and all but if it doesn't "fit" it literally becomes a pain in the ass.   :P

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #51: March 25, 2014, 04:49:45 PM »
Sit on it.   Take it for a spin.   My rule of thumb, "Make sure it fits."    A bike may be cute and all but if it doesn't "fit" it literally becomes a pain in the ass.   :P

Now those are some wise words  :thumbs:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #52: March 25, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »
Or something like this?

1985 Suzuki GL450 - $800

Offline mitlen

« Reply #53: March 25, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
Get the bike that fits you and what you want to do.    There will always be the choir telling you that you need a Harley or you need to "move up" or you need a Goldwing or you need ...  blah blah blah.    I've been hearin' all that for years.     Get what works for you.   Missus told me when I got my current bike, "Buy what you like.   Like what you buy."

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #54: March 25, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
Get the bike that fits you and what you want to do.    There will always be the choir telling you that you need a Harley or you need to "move up" or you need a Goldwing or you need ...  blah blah blah.    Get what works for you.    I've been hearin' it for years.    Missus told me when I got my current bike, "Buy what you like.   Like what you buy."

Brand means nothing to me right now, I just want something reliable and cheap. The Toyota Camry of bikes :lol: Hell, I'll just end up sinking money into a gun or my car :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #55: March 25, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
Brand means nothing to me right now, I just want something reliable and cheap. The Toyota Camry of bikes :lol: Hell, I'll just end up sinking money into a gun or my car :lol:

Brand never mattered to me either.   I looked at and rode them all.    I wanted a blank canvas.     I'm only saying that bikers are notorious for giving advice on what you should be riding.    My only advice is to stay away from people who wear chaps in the summer.   :)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #56: March 25, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
Brand never mattered to me either.   I looked at and rode them all.    I wanted a blank canvas.     I'm only saying that bikers are notorious for giving advice on what you should be riding.    My only advice is to stay away from people who wear chaps in the summer.   :)

Again, wise words. That being said, are we more concerned with those that wear chaps in lieu of pants in general?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #57: March 25, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
Again, wise words. That being said, are we more concerned with those that wear chaps in lieu of pants in general?

Oh man, there was one Rolling Thunder where a young lady had white chaps.   One could only imagine.   :)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #58: March 25, 2014, 05:53:09 PM »
Oh man, there was one Rolling Thunder where a young lady had white chaps.   One could only imagine.   :)

Oy...

Offline Kurt Studzuki

« Reply #59: May 05, 2014, 08:52:28 PM »
Or something like this?

(Image removed from quote.)

1985 Suzuki GL450 - $800

Nice one.  :thumbs: