Author Topic: Astros to wear Colt .45 uniforms, MLB makes them remove the Colt. 45  (Read 4314 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
WE DID IT GUYS. 40'S ALL AROUND

Offline NatsFanSince2005

thank god the mlb realized how stupid it was to deny them from having the guns on the jerseys. at the end of the day, who cares? should have never even been an issue.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
To me , dropping the gun from the Colt 45 jersey is a bit like sanitizing the story of the Pilgrims to just say they were interested in freedom rather than what type of freedom they were looking for.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
To me , dropping the gun from the Colt 45 jersey is a bit like sanitizing the story of the Pilgrims to just say they were interested in freedom rather than what type of freedom they were looking for.

I think it's more like depicting a scene where the Pilgrims negotiated settlements with the Indians and taking the Colt .45's out of the hands of the Pilgrims.

Offline NatsFanSince2005

I think it's more like depicting a scene where the Pilgrims negotiated settlements with the Indians and taking the Colt .45's out of the hands of the Pilgrims.
Or rather, taking the small pox blankets from their hands.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Yeah . . .  Now that I re-read it, my statement can be confusing, therefore I'd end saying "and having the Pilgrims showing up to the negotiations without their Colt .45's."

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Yeah . . .  Now that I re-read it, my statement can be confusing, therefore I'd end saying "and having the Pilgrims showing up to the negotiations without their Colt .45's."

I'm sure the Pilgrims would have loved a few Colts, sucks they had another 252 years to go before they were invented.  Probably would have loved a couple of Range Rovers too. 

Offline blue911

I'm sure the Pilgrims would have loved a few Colts, sucks they had another 252 years to go before they were invented.  Probably would have loved a couple of Range Rovers too. 

And Viking ranges

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
And Viking ranges

Don't forget the granite countertops and Restoration Hardware furniture.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

At what point are going to change your name to Captain Buzzkill?

:|

Offline BerkeleyNat

Reminded me of a book I read a few years ago. Some time travelers went back in time to the civil war and armed the south with AK-47s, thus turning the tide of the war and changing the course of history. It's called "Guns of the South" by Harry Turtledove.  :)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Reminded me of a book I read a few years ago. Some time travelers went back in time to the civil war and armed the south with AK-47s, thus turning the tide of the war and changing the course of history. It's called "Guns of the South" by Harry Turtledove.  :)

There was a guy on reddit that posted a comment to someone who asked "Could I destroy the entire Roman Empire during the reign of Augustus if I traveled back in time with a modern U.S. Marine infantry battalion or MEU?"

The comment was a story about a group of Marines that were transported somehow to ancient Rome, he kept expanding it, "Day 1," "Day 2," etc on subsequent comments.  It was actually pretty neat and was picked up by a studio and is being made into a movie now :lol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/RomeSweetRome/

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/k067x/could_i_destroy_the_entire_roman_empire_during/

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Wiping out the Roman Empire would probably prevent the US from ever existing, at least as we know it.  So the marines wouldn't exist to wipe out the Roman Empire, etc. etc.

I don't see how a serious movie could be made out of that anyway...  what possible motivation could the marines have for wiping out the ENTIRE Roman Empire vs simply finding themselves a nice out-of-the-way area to hole up and live "happily" ever after?

Buzz Killington, signing off.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Wiping out the Roman Empire would probably prevent the US from ever existing, at least as we know it.  So the marines wouldn't exist to wipe out the Roman Empire, etc. etc.

I don't see how a serious movie could be made out of that anyway...  what possible motivation could the marines have for wiping out the ENTIRE Roman Empire vs simply finding themselves a nice out-of-the-way area to hole up and live "happily" ever after?

Buzz Killington, signing off.

Obviously you didn't read the first segment, where the marines find themselves quite unexpectedly in their predicament.  Clearly their primary focus is on survival, not conquering anyone.   I thought it was an interesting and entertaining story line.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Not my fault someone gave me an inaccurate synopsis :shrug: :razz:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Can't wait to get the Mariners hat:

Turn Back the Clock - The Mariners and Angels Turn Back the Clock to the 1950s on Saturday, May 26. The Mariners will wear retro Seattle Rainiers uniforms, and the Angels will sport old Pacific Coast League Angels uniforms.

Seattle Rainiers:

Pacific Coast League Angels:

:az: :az: :az:

Offline BerkeleyNat

Nats definitely need to wear the Expos uniforms this season. That would be so badass.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Nats definitely need to wear the Expos uniforms this season. That would be so badass.

Only if they bring back the solid blue or solid red hats, none of this multicolored crape.

Offline BerkeleyNat

Only if they bring back the solid blue or solid red hats, none of this multicolored crape.

Those French flag hats were outstanding!  :)