Author Topic: Ron Washington tested positive for blow last year  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Source is a friend of mine who lives in Dallas.

His quote was this:

"Rangers' manager Ron Washington tested positive for blow around the All-Star game last year. Team officials were apparently aware. The story is breaking, presser coming soon."

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Source is a friend of mine who lives in Dallas.

His quote was this:

"Rangers' manager Ron Washington tested positive for blow around the All-Star game last year. Team officials were apparently aware. The story is breaking, presser coming soon."

Offline NatsAddict

Nice mentor for Josh Hamilton.

Offline HalfSmokes

If he was a player he would get a 15-30 day suspension, becuase he's a manager he gets tested again? Way to go mlb

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I do work for a newspaper after all.

We tend to get those kind of things. ;)
Remind me - when's the last time you've posted a "scoop" here?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

Well, this was a credibility booster to be sure, but it's one of the few WNFF scoops outside of Spinman, etc.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

I don't work in the sports department. Just happened to get lucky with this one because my friend in Dallas does work in their sports department.

When it comes to local sports... I find out information just as soon as the rest of you do.

Offline houston-nat

Tee hee, reminds me of when there was a report that Aroldis Chapman was going to the airport and I posted a list of all the departing flights here. Scooped the papers on that one ... but guessed wrong. :(

Can you blame him for doing a little snow? He is manager of one of the most inconsequential teams in the MLB. He must get bored.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'd hate to think what Riggs is doing then.

I'd hate to think what Riggs is doing then.

Unconfirmed reports say he drinks human blood at night.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Can you blame him for doing a little snow? He is manager of one of the most inconsequential teams in the MLB. He must get bored.

With a top five farm system, good major league talent, and a shot at the wild card? :roll:

With a top five farm system, good major league talent, and a shot at the wild card? :roll:

Oh gee, get the champagne out in Arlington then. Totally World Series bound since they "almost" made the playoffs last season for the first time since, what? 2004. Epic, truly epic.

Offline HalfSmokes

Oh gee, get the champagne out in Arlington then. Totally World Series bound since they "almost" made the playoffs last season for the first time since, what? 2004. Epic, truly epic.

that makes them more consequential than most

that makes them more consequential than most

At least people take the time out of their busy day to insult and joke on the Nats. I haven't heard any good Ranger jokes in never.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

I wish we had their talent.  And their farm is loaded.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Feliz and Strasburg  :twisted:

Offline sportsfan882

How does he still have a job? Ridiculous.

I wish we had their talent.  And their farm is loaded.

Then go buy a Texas Ranger hat. But it still doesn't hide the fact the franchise has done jack crap with all their wonderful talent and farm system to warrant any sort of attention-- aside from their manager doing coke and their owner (Hicks) is a bit of a tool too.

Offline blue911

How does he still have a job? Ridiculous.

They were afraid Manny would still be available.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Then go buy a Texas Ranger hat. But it still doesn't hide the fact the franchise has done jack crap with all their wonderful talent and farm system to warrant any sort of attention-- aside from their manager doing coke and their owner (Hicks) is a bit of a tool too.

Hicks sold the team because he went bankrupt. Right?