Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118517 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #425: December 23, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
When you said "no", Rizzo called up his buddy at the Post and got them to write a column calling you out for being cheap. 

And you know this how?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #426: December 23, 2011, 09:26:12 AM »

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #427: December 23, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
He said as much :shrug:

Assumptions, my friend, are not facts. pb assumed that the Nats baseball people that Bos was referring to was Rizzo himself. That's quite a leap.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #428: December 23, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
Well obviously I don't care much for Ted Lerner but he does have the power to crap can Rizzo at any time and I guarantee that if Lerner finds out with absolute certainty that Rizzo was the leak we'll be shopping for a new GM.

Boswell is full of crap and is taking credit for a trade that was already all locked up.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #429: December 23, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
Right, my point was it's not simply a case of deciding one player is currently better than the other for certain people that make decisions with this team.  If I gave the impression that right now, today, Gio isn't significantly better than Burley I apologize because that's not true. 

So we agree that he's better.  He's obviously younger.  He's under team control for four years.  But Buerhle is the better option because he's more expensive? 

I'd also say that trading for four years of arbitration with a good left handed starter isn't exactly the cheapest way out either.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #430: December 23, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »
So we agree that he's better.  He's obviously younger.  He's under team control for four years.  But Buerhle is the better option because he's more expensive? 

I'd also say that trading for four years of arbitration with a good left handed starter isn't exactly the cheapest way out either.

STOP MAKING SENSE

Also, when people talk about wear and tear, Buerhle has 10x the wear and tear that Gio does. It's just sour grapes and fishing for complaints.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #431: December 23, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

Boswell is full of crap and is taking credit for a trade that was already all locked up.

What else can he do. The timing of the column made Bos look stupid. There he is saying that the Lerners are stopping the baseball people from pulling off trades the very day they pull off one of the biggest trades in the team's history.

Egg on face icon request.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #432: December 23, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »

:crackup:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #433: December 23, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
:crackup:

Unless you are Boz's son or agent you are smoking crack to think that he had anything to do with anything.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #434: December 23, 2011, 09:49:13 AM »

Unless you are Boz's son or agent you are smoking crack to think that he had anything to do with anything.

Or just like to overrate the impact of media. But we don't have any people on this board who do that, do we?:~)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #435: December 23, 2011, 09:50:16 AM »
 :popcorn:

Glad I logged in today !

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #436: December 23, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »

It's conjecture at this point, but some may believe that the FO thought otherwise. If you buy into LAC isn't Gio going to make a lot more for the next X years in arbitration than the four guys we just traded?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #437: December 23, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »

Coming from Ted Lerner's illegitimate son, I find this laughable.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #438: December 23, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #439: December 23, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »
Coming from Ted Lerner's illegitimate son, I find this laughable.

:popcorn: :poke: :crackup:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #440: December 23, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
Beer?

If you think about it.   Get two.  :)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #442: December 23, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
:crackup: :crackup:

Besides, I never said Boswell had "anything to do with anything". All I posted was a laughing smiley because I find PANatsFan's transparency funny.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #443: December 23, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »
Besides, I never said Boswell had "anything to do with anything". All I posted was a laughing smiley because I find PANatsFan's transparency funny.

no you didn't. 

[321] HE'S TALKING TO HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!  [/321]

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #444: December 23, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
The thing is, this trade doesn't prove LAC or LANC. It really makes no difference to the Lerners (4 million, but not really a difference)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #445: December 23, 2011, 12:16:57 PM »
The thing is, this trade doesn't prove LAC or LANC. It really makes no difference to the Lerners (4 million, but not really a difference)

well Gonzalez won't cost as much as Buehrle, but in terms of prospects they give up a lot more. 

i like the trade, i'm more concerned about whether we're going to land Fielder.  DO IT!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #446: December 23, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »

If this trade is the last big move of the winter than we will enter the season with a lower payroll than last year, so you are right that this move was irrelevant to the discussion of whether ownership is cheap.  Although Boz has introduced a new twist that the Lerners are too controlling in baseball matters.  I fully expect another big move that will bring payroll up closer towards the other teams in the division; the question is whether the running debate shifts from the Lerners are cheap to the Lerners are micromanaging everything.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #447: December 23, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
If this trade is the last big move of the winter than we will enter the season with a lower payroll than last year, so you are right that this move was irrelevant to the discussion of whether ownership is cheap.  Although Boz has introduced a new twist that the Lerners are too controlling in baseball matters.  I fully expect another big move that will bring payroll up closer towards the other teams in the division; the question is whether the running debate shifts from the Lerners are cheap to the Lerners are micromanaging everything.

That's not new; it was reported like two years ago, there was a really long article on it in the Post.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #448: December 23, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
...   the question is whether the running debate shifts from the Lerners are cheap to the Lerners are micromanaging everything.

LAC vs LAME     Hmmmmmm?   interesting acronym there.

Offline blue911

« Reply #449: December 23, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »
:popcorn:

Glad I logged in today !

Did you bring beer?