Author Topic: NATS PLUS membership program  (Read 109340 times)

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

Re: NATS PLUS membership program
« Reply #125: September 03, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
As a half season plan holder, this difference in language from the Nats Plus mailer concerns me:

Full Season Membership
Postseason: Seat Guarantee

Half Season Membership
Postseason: Game Guarantee

I want to sit in my normal seats for the postseason in 2015 and beyond.  Who else would get preference?  Full SPH who want to buy additional strips?  That would be BS.

How about the half season ticket holder for the other half of the games?

Offline eastie

« Reply #126: September 03, 2014, 12:38:04 PM »
Are they doing that now?  Sorry, I haven't even kept up with how they are allocating the other half of a half season seat, we've had the same plan since the get go.

In previous seasons those games went to 2x Partial Season plans only, so nobody else could possibly have priority on them.  Half Season for a seat was Teddy + Tom or whatever, and the two Partial plans were George and Abe for the same seat.  Are they letting people pick the combination of plans now for two half seasons on the same seats?  The 2014 info is off the site now and 2015 isn't posted.  And if that's the case, I've paid for 2014 already but didn't get a chance to choose which plans I wanted.  If a new SPH gets to buy the other half of our seats without letting me choose which plan combination I want I'll hit the roof.

Offline eastie

« Reply #127: September 03, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »
Are they doing that now?  Sorry, I haven't even kept up with how they are allocating the other half of a half season seat, we've had the same plan since the get go.

In previous seasons those games went to 2x Partial Season plans only, so nobody else could possibly have priority on them.  Half Season for a seat was Teddy + Tom or whatever, and the two Partial plans were George and Abe for the same seat.  Are they letting people pick the combination of plans now for two half seasons on the same seats?  The 2014 info is off the site now and 2015 isn't posted.  And if that's the case, I've paid for 2014 already but didn't get a chance to choose which plans I wanted.  If a new SPH gets to buy the other half of our seats without letting me choose which plan combination I want I'll hit the roof.
Yeah, now I see my renewal was for "2015 Half Season B Plan".  There was no choice to renew on an "A Plan".  I would hope they would let us see which games are included in each and make a decision.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #128: September 03, 2014, 02:07:08 PM »
As a half season plan holder, this difference in language from the Nats Plus mailer concerns me:

Full Season Membership
Postseason: Seat Guarantee

Half Season Membership
Postseason: Game Guarantee

I want to sit in my normal seats for the postseason in 2015 and beyond.  Who else would get preference?  Full SPH who want to buy additional strips?  That would be BS.
I don't know if MLB gets a set aside.  The other issue would be what if they sell the same seats to 2 half season groups?  I'm guessing they lawyered that one up and don't like using Guarantee unless it is rock solid.  You could contact your account rep about what the different "guarantees" mean, or else it may be buried in the material.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #129: September 05, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »
Renewal deadline is today for those sitting on the fence. I have already renewed.

I will have one-full season, four-ticket plan in 113 (for 11 years and counting) and one-full season, two-ticket plan in 213 (three years and counting.)

Just about all my partners (10 partners for the 113 plan and eight partners for the 213 plan) are paid up for their 2015 plans and the 2014 postseason. Now I need to run all those checks to the bank before they bounce!  :rofl:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #130: September 05, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
Man, past few years I don't bill them until after we finish the draft in March.   Good job, BiL!
:clap:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #131: September 05, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
Man, past few years I don't bill them until after we finish the draft in March.

Oh, hell no. I can't put out that kind of cash. I tell them they have to pay in full by the renewal deadline or GTFO.

I had a couple of partners drop out and I quickly replaced them using the Nats SPH sharing portal. If you're for SPH partnerships (buying or selling) can use the Nats SplitSeasonTickets portal. It allows you to connect with others and enter into SPH agreements. You can search by seat map, prices,etc.. You can even hold online drafts by that might be too advanced for the tech challenged people in my groups.

The Nats just rolled it over for 2015 and no one is listed up there right now. I was the only one listed up there this week but I just took my listing down since I'm all sold out. Go to https://nationals.splitseasontickets.com/home/index

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #132: September 07, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »
NATS PLUS really makes it sound sort of like an elitist group. I find it disappointing that they've really scaled back the benefits and now basically wiped them out for partial plan holders. Remember when all plan holders got free Stars & Stripes Club passes? Remember the free promo items at the end of the season? I know they are looking to make money, but I don't see other teams coming up with some stupid club name to sell season tickets.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #133: September 07, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
NATS PLUS really makes it sound sort of like an elitist group. I find it disappointing that they've really scaled back the benefits and now basically wiped them out for partial plan holders. Remember when all plan holders got free Stars & Stripes Club passes? Remember the free promo items at the end of the season? I know they are looking to make money, but I don't see other teams coming up with some stupid club name to sell season tickets.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes it is.  And at least 4 co partial season ticket holders are writing letters to Camillo and the Lerners.

Offline psu2008

« Reply #134: September 07, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »
The Caps did the same thing: jack up prices, reduce benefits, reduce customer service, reduce giveaways, etc.

Uncle Ted and the Lerners just want $$$. Good short-term business but it will alienate true fans over time.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #135: September 08, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
In general, I like the concept of the more you spend, the more benefits you get. It's only fair. It's really like any other rewards program.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season_plans.jsp#natsplus

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #136: September 08, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
Back in for next year at a $5/seat/game price decrease.  I suspect we'll be losing the padded seats out on the Red Porch, but ya can't beat the view.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #137: September 08, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Back in for next year at a $5/seat/game price decrease.  I suspect we'll be losing the padded seats out on the Red Porch, but ya can't beat the view.

Price decrease? What section?

Offline wj73

« Reply #138: September 08, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
The Caps did the same thing: jack up prices, reduce benefits, reduce customer service, reduce giveaways, etc.

Uncle Ted and the Lerners just want $$$. Good short-term business but it will alienate true fans over time.

So did the Orioles in the 90s when they were good - you couldn't get a seat at Camden Yards for years.  So the O's had no problem if a long term fan got alienated and dropped their piddly little partial ST plan, because there were always people who were willing to take them.  Then the team's fortunes changed, the bandwagoneers stopped going, and those long term fans who had been the backbone of the fan base were too alienated to return.  That place was a ghost town for years. 

I fear this current Nats campaign has set the team up for the same kind of alienation once the team is no longer a playoff contender - and given the cyclical nature of baseball, that will happen eventually.  The prospect of guaranteed post season tickets was a big incentive to renew partial plans.  With that incentive removed, it's hard to make a case for keeping a partial plan.  At this point, the team would probably prefer for partial STH to drop their plans, so those seats can be re-combined and packaged as half or full plans.  And while there may be people to replace a partial STH who drops out now, that will not always be the case. 

It's bad enough that the Nats reduced the partial plan STH bennies to practically nothing (not sure where the "Plus" is in this new plan for partial STH - it's more of a "Minus" for us).  But the way it was marketed was a slap in the face to long term partial STH who hung in there, loyally renewing year after year - not only were bennies we'd had for years eliminated, but we were also told we were not "loyal", "enthusiastic" or "passionate".  To top it all off, we're even getting different colored access cards next year, just to further emphasize our red-headed stepchild status.  I think that's what brought the whole thing to a boil - the massive reduction in bennies was bad enough, but the marketing campaign did nothing but rub salt in the wound. 

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #139: September 08, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »

This. I mean, really. It's like having a timeshare and thinking nobody else is using it.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #140: September 08, 2014, 03:05:15 PM »
So did the Orioles in the 90s when they were good - you couldn't get a seat at Camden Yards for years.  So the O's had no problem if a long term fan got alienated and dropped their piddly little partial ST plan, because there were always people who were willing to take them.  Then the team's fortunes changed, the bandwagoneers stopped going, and those long term fans who had been the backbone of the fan base were too alienated to return.  That place was a ghost town for years. 

I don't think you're taking into account the DC suburbs fans that always made up a big percentage of the Camden Yards crowds. I think the sparse crowds had more to do with DC folks deciding, for whatever reason, to stop spending 90 minutes in rush hour traffic getting up there. I think part of it was the transition to losing, part of it was Angelos actively fighting DC getting its own club, and part of it was just the newness factor going away for OPACY.

Offline wj73

« Reply #141: September 08, 2014, 04:10:16 PM »
Maybe, but they pulled 3 million plus until 2001, long before the Nats were even thought of.  But that was they year they won only 63 games.  By that time Angelos had PO'd everyone, including his own fan base.  Attendance has never recovered and they still hover right around the 2 million mark, even though they've been playoff caliber for a few years now.  The arrival of the Nats sure didn't help matters, but maybe if they O's had taken a bit more care of their fans, especially their STH during the good years, those fans and STH wouldn't have abandoned them so quickly and permanently when things went south.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/history/year_by_year_results.jsp

« Reply #142: September 08, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
Does anyone have the chart with post season pricing by game / round this year?  I could have sworn I saw it somewhere on the web, but can't find it anywhere.  I'm in 222 to the extent that matters (I seem to recall that all of the terrace is the same price, and that upper / lower terrace distinctions have gone away).

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #143: September 08, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
Does anyone have the chart with post season pricing by game / round this year?  I could have sworn I saw it somewhere on the web, but can't find it anywhere.  I'm in 222 to the extent that matters (I seem to recall that all of the terrace is the same price, and that upper / lower terrace distinctions have gone away).

Hello from a fellow 222 partial plan holder. I've got a hard copy of that chart. Any particular info you're looking for? For partial plan holders, the postseason pricing is as follows:

Tiebreaker $19 (lower)/$14 (upper)
Wildcard $30 ($25 for half/full)
LDS $30 ($25 for half/full)
LCS $65 ($55 for half/full)
World Series $150 ($125 for half/full)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #144: September 08, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »

Scalpers / resellers are trying to get 10+ times those prices...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #145: September 08, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
That reminds me our group will be doing our playoff draft this Friday.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #146: September 08, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
How will the Nats divide up those Yankees games? With two 20 and one 41 game plan, one group is getting left out in the cold.  Do they flip a coin for the 20 game plans? More likely they screw the 41 game plan holders, now that they pushed us to upgrade to Nats Plus they'll use the Yankees games to try to get people to buy the 20 game plans.  41 game plans will get opening day and one of the three Os games, we sure better get a Yankees game too (and hopefully the 4th of July).

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #147: September 08, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »
How will the Nats divide up those Yankees games? With two 20 and one 41 game plan, one group is getting left out in the cold.  Do they flip a coin for the 20 game plans? More likely they screw the 41 game plan holders, now that they pushed us to upgrade to Nats Plus they'll use the Yankees games to try to get people to buy the 20 game plans.  41 game plans will get opening day and one of the three Os games, we sure better get a Yankees game too (and hopefully the 4th of July).

I think they're doing two 41-game plans next year, with each plan being a combination of two of the 20-game plans. But yeah, with only two "Marquee" games next year, they'll find some creative way to maximize their revenue.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #148: September 08, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »
I think they're doing two 41-game plans next year, with each plan being a combination of two of the 20-game plans. But yeah, with only two "Marquee" games next year, they'll find some creative way to maximize their revenue.

Really? That would suck to have the plan with the exhibition game.  Of course some sort of bait and switch is a given.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #149: September 08, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
Price decrease? What section?

Section 100.
Full season went from 30/game to 25

I just don't attend many day games.