Author Topic: A small gripe with the Ignore Feature.  (Read 8262 times)

Offline NatsAddict

Re: A small gripe with the Ignore Feature.
« Reply #25: February 19, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »
Chief, does this mean the integrity of the "ignore" stats are not intact?  We rely upon the stats in making our informed judgements on which posters have achieved the highest (lowest?) level of "ignore" performance, and if the numbers aren't reliable, we're going to have anarchy.   :shock:  :-[  :pray:

AZ had 5 until I paroled him a week or two ago.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: February 19, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
AZ had 5 until I paroled him a week or two ago.

Is he on conditional parole or not? Because the first time Dukes hits a bomb he'll be out in full force.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: February 19, 2008, 10:11:06 PM »
I don't have anybody on ignore, in fact I've never had anybody on ignore in this forum, though I have on the MLB board.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #28: February 19, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »
Is he on conditional parole or not? Because the first time Dukes hits a bomb he'll be out in full force.

Very conditional.  If he ever starts up typing his Dukes posts with one hand again, it will be permanent.  Other than on the MLB boards, of about 20 other boards I visit, he's the only one I've ever put on ignore.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #29: February 19, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »

you better believe it! once dukes hits his first homer as a national, i will erupt a volcano of dukes worship! 

anyways, i am surprised that more people don't have mikehughes on ignore. you mean to tell me his praising of bacsik is more tolerable than my dukes worshiping?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: February 20, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »
anyways, i am surprised that more people don't have mikehughes on ignore. you mean to tell me his praising of bacsik is more tolerable than my dukes worshiping?

Mikehughes is tied with kimnat at 2 ignores.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #31: February 20, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Unfortunately the ignore feature is an add-on, and is currently somewhat broken, as is the board's internal upgrade mechanism that would allow me to easily update us to the latest releases of the software (though there aren't any major releases recently, just small fixes).  I really need to set aside an evening in the near future to backup the whole board and re-install it fresh.  I may have to look for a new ignore add-on at that time, as there are no updates for the existing one that I know of
I think we need ascending levels of ignore--maybe have color-coded emoticons according to the threat level.  :rant:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #32: February 20, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »
Mikehughes is tied with kimnat at 2 ignores.

What?  Who would ignore Kim?  Doesn't make any sense...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #33: February 20, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »
I don't have anybody on ignore, in fact I've never had anybody on ignore in this forum, though I have on the MLB board.

If it wasn't my responsibility to moderate the forum (and people who are out of line on a day-to-day basis), I would love to ignore several of our forum members.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #34: February 20, 2008, 09:41:24 PM »
The ignore stats work, it's just the problem that JMad pointed out that's "broken" as well as the fact that I can't remove the ignore feature at the moment.  Some funny ideas in this thread, though.  If I ever get some solid time to sit down and do a little work (on the forum) I will see what I can find.  I think it's hilarious how even when people are "not" getting along in this forum, we all manage to have fun with each other somehow (mostly :lol: )

Offline kimnat

« Reply #35: February 20, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
Kimnat shows surprising strength with 2 ignores to her credit.
That's a funny one. Kimnat is one of our mildest posters.

Yeah, tell me about it!  It about killed me when I found out I was being iggied!  But one person just doesn't take the time to go into his profile and change it (we do talk very amicably) and the other person hasn't been on here in AGES!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #36: February 20, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »
the other person hasn't been on here in AGES!

I guess so, you ran him off!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #37: February 20, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #38: February 20, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
I'd never ignore people for disagreeing w/ me. Just those that I see as a waste of board space. :D

What does it look like when a person is on your ignored list anyways? Does it collapse their posts?

« Reply #39: February 28, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »
When we vote for forum award winners this year, there needs to also be an award for the "Most Ignored Poster".

I've got NOTLD and AirZimmerman in a dead heat at 4 ignores apiece, followed closely by Sportsfan with 3.  But everyone knows Sportsfan does his best work during the game threads, so timing of the awards is crucial.

Well Tom, looks like AZ is running away with this category.  He's got 8 now.