Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3  (Read 22426 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #700: June 16, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
Buster Olney is still saying that the Giants want to trade for Pudge. All of a sudden, I'm not sure if I want to see Pudge go. The chemistry on the team is really good right now.

Rizzo would be insane to touch anything on this team right now other than shuffling around guys due to injury.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #701: June 16, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »
Gosh, golly, ge wilikers, that was a nice win/sweep/streak!

Offline DC_Bucs

« Reply #702: June 16, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »
Wow, thanks for the sweep Nats!  :cheers:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #703: June 16, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Watching Cards broadcast of the bot of the 10th.  They had a flashback to 2008 when Dukes walked off the Cardinals and spent about 5 minutes about what an idiot he was.  The Cards (and their fans) have a very low opinion of the Nats and getting swept by them really grates on their souls.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #704: June 16, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
Watching Cards broadcast of the bot of the 10th.  They had a flashback to 2008 when Dukes walked off the Cardinals and spent about 5 minutes about what an idiot he was.  The Cards (and their fans) have a very low opinion of the Nats and getting swept by them really grates on their souls.
   I'm sure they're with Bob, drowning their sorrows with a beer or three right now :)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #705: June 17, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
Tommy Lasorda with a shamelessly ignorant plug for the damn Lerners. Screw you Tommy. You don't know what you're talking about.

What did he say?  Anyone put this up on YouTube yet?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #706: June 17, 2011, 06:57:59 AM »
What did he say?  Anyone put this up on YouTube yet?

After he and Torre did their promotion for prostate cancer awareness on the postgame show with Ray and Johnny, Lasorda finished by delivering a message to the Nationals fans. To paraphrase, he said that the Nats have great owners who have spent the money to bring in players and that the Nationals fans need to support the team by going to the ballpark and spending their money so that the owners will have the money they need to spend on better players so that the fans have a better team.

I almost projectile vomited at the TV. My wife and I groaned and told him to STFU. While the gist of his point may be viewed as a simple matter of the way sports economics works, the exact phrasing and tone made it clear that the point was that the owners were great and ponied up their money and it was the responsibility of the fans to start supporting the team if they wanted it to get any better. Just clueless nonsense. The Lerners have spent next to nothing to date while the fans have supported a joke of a franchise in ways they would never have been supported anywhere else. Lasorda can stick it. I really had to wonder if he was put up to that by the ownership group.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #707: June 17, 2011, 07:44:55 AM »
I just crushed a 12-pack of ice cream sandwiches

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #708: June 17, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
Lasorda can stick it. I really had to wonder if he was put up to that by the ownership group.

Ray got him back with a creepy booby honk.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #709: June 17, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »
Comparative dates on which the Nationals notched their 33rd win, each season:

2005 - 8th June (59th match)
2011 - 16th June (69th match)
2010 - 22nd June (72nd match)
2006 - 25th June (77th match)
2008 - 29th June (83rd match)
2007 - 1st July (81st match)
2009 - 2nd August (105th match)

---

I wasn't at the ballpark last night (Mystics conflict, ending my perfect-attendance streak for this season)...they used to put the baseball scores (and out-of-town WNBA scores of course) up inside the arena, but stopped doing that a couple of years ago (during Caps/Wizards season they used to put out-of-town and other-league scores up inside the arena too, but that's also stopped), so I had no idea how far along the Nats match was when the Mystics finished a bit before 21.00 - got home and immediately put the radio on just as the ninth inning was ending...could have gotten to the ballpark in time to catch the late going (I did have my ticket on me)...BLAST!!!

---

Yesterday's attendance of 19,662 was the second-lowest ever at Nats Park for a Cardinals visit (lowest was 18,007 on 30th April 2009, also a Thursday)...I guess it must have been the rain threat (and no promos?).