Author Topic: So realistically, what kind of record are you expecting this year?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
At the risk of derailing the thread, over on Nationals Classics, Mike O'Connor has shutout the Yankees through 5, though Wang is really looking sharp too.  Could be a down to the wire finish.   :P

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
RYAN RYAN RYAN!

:)

Offline ernie0326

I'd say 81 - 81.  a nice improvement and something to build on for next season.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
That's a joke, right? I can't keep up with many teams, so I don't know about the Mets, but this is a joke right?
I'm adding three wins to my previous predictions because the Mets are indicating Tim Redding and Livan Hernandez will both be in the starting rotation. That should put us over .500.

That's a joke, right? I can't keep up with many teams, so I don't know about the Mets, but this is a joke right?

The joke is on the Mets. :lol:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
66-96

I have a really bad feeling about this team.  I want to be on the nose if everyone's W/L predictions overshoot the mark.

Offline sportsfan882

66-96

I have a really bad feeling about this team.  I want to be on the nose if everyone's W/L predictions overshoot the mark.
wtf?  :nono:  :icon_question:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
:rofl:

As you pointed out, the offense won't wake up, the bullpen is shaky, Olsen has mediocre stuff, and lord knows what we'll get out of most of our rotation (everyone but Lannan).

But we'll see.  They SHOULD be better than that.

Offline sportsfan882

:rofl:

As you pointed out, the offense won't wake up, the bullpen is shaky, Olsen has mediocre stuff, and lord knows what we'll get out of most of our rotation (everyone but Lannan).

But we'll see.  They SHOULD be better than that.
They MUST be better than that. And please no crappy start out of the gate as we have done pretty much every year except '05.

We need these guys to step up NOW, in 2009.

66-96

Sadly, like you, I am seeing visions of a similar kind of season. And like you I hope to God I am wrong.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
They MUST be better than that. And please no crappy start out of the gate as we have done pretty much every year except '05.

to this day, i still wonder what would've been if we finished off the Phillies instead of blowing a 5-0 lead. that was a crushing defeat and it all went downhill from there. we would've been riding high at 4-0, instead we fell to 3-1 and proceeded to get swept in St. Louis.