Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171618 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #125: December 21, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
I asked my ticket rep today!  He said nothing's finalized yet.

Btw, season ticket info packs go out the 28th.

Did you happen to get any intel on the Red Carpet Rewards program? I know it's coming back but I wonder if anyone knows any more than that.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #126: December 21, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »
No, I didn't ask.  I figure it's in the mail on the 28th

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #127: January 03, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
Innocent enough tweet...

Of course, until you look at their profile where it says

So I see Fluffer still keeps the practice live and well selling to the Phillies.

Make this stop.  It's infuriating to the fanbase.  Stop courting the Phillies fans.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #128: January 04, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
Serious question. Why downs't the team have a SMS number for reporting facility And security issues at games? An option like this would be quite useful for when Phillie fans use Ian Desmond bobble heads as urinal cakes, trash cans overflow, or other gibberish.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #129: January 04, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
Serious question. Why downs't the team have a SMS number for reporting facility And security issues at games? An option like this would be quite useful for when Phillie fans use Ian Desmond bobble heads as urinal cakes, trash cans overflow, or other gibberish.

They do, actually, and it works quite well for issues in sections.  As far as other park issues (i.e. trash, Ean being a piss receptacal...etc.) I can't speak to that.  If I remember correctly, the SMS number allows you to send messages to the scoreboard as well.  Pretty sure my "Powerboater69 4 President" message made it through a couple of times.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #130: January 04, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »
What is the issue number? I have only seen the scoreboard message one.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #131: January 04, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
What is the issue number? I have only seen the scoreboard message one.

It's the same number, I believe, you just have to include an identifier for the filter to triage it correctly.

Online blue911

« Reply #132: January 04, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »
It's the same number, I believe, you just have to include an identifier for the filter to triage it correctly.

And it's a 900 number

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #133: January 06, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »

After reading the responses I thought I better respond quick!

Nationals Park Fan Support Line - Discreetly alert ballpark officials to unruly behavior or security issues during the game. Text "SUPPORT" along with a brief description of the issue and its location to 91347 to contact ballpark officials when in need of assistance.

If you witness anything that 'isn't right" please feel free to inform ANY Nationals Park employee for assistance. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #134: January 06, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »
After reading the responses I thought I better respond quick!

Nationals Park Fan Support Line - Discreetly alert ballpark officials to unruly behavior or security issues during the game. Text "SUPPORT" along with a brief description of the issue and its location to 91347 to contact ballpark officials when in need of assistance.

If you witness anything that 'isn't right" please feel free to inform ANY Nationals Park employee for assistance. 

What happened to the joke about banning Philly fans?  It was funny enough and no one here was going to be offended.

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #135: January 06, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »
What happened to the joke about banning Philly fans?  It was funny enough and no one here was going to be offended.

I dont know what you are referring too! As a proud representative of the Washington Nationals I would never post such a comment!  :mg:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #136: January 06, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
I dont know what you are referring too! As a proud representative of the Washington Nationals I would never post such a comment!  :mg:

How closely, if at all, does team management follow the message boards? We've heard  from ex team employees that upper management receives regular reports about online discussions.  Bottom line, does Ted Lerner know the name PowerBoater69?

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #137: January 06, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
How closely, if at all, does team management follow the message boards? We've heard  from ex team employees that upper management receives regular reports about online discussions.  Bottom line, does Ted Lerner know the name PowerBoater69?

That's an interesting question. I cannot speak for anyone else in the organization, however, I can tell you that I try to read as many of the boards as often I can to see what our guests are talking about. I'm not sure if Mr. Lerner is on the WNFF or not.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #138: January 06, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
That's an interesting question. I cannot speak for anyone else in the organization, however, I can tell you that I try to read as many of the boards as often I can to see what our guests are talking about. I'm not sure if Mr. Lerner is on the WNFF or not.

Another question, you guys allow press box access to a number of bloggers but by running this board I'd say that the Chief here does more to help promote the team than any non team employee, how about hooking him up with some Presidents Club tickets for a game or two?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #139: January 06, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
I appreciate the thought, PowerBoater, but that's really not necessary.  I also suspect you may be exaggerating my influence a bit :lol:

I've split off the rest of the discussion to a separate thread: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25471.0

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #140: January 06, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
From the STH package:
Parking includes applicable District of Columbia supplemental tax effective October 1, 2011

All of the lots around the ball park have an extra 5.35% tax added ($35 lots cost $36.88 etc.).  What is interesting is that the lots that are further away from the park (HH and W) are not subject to the extra tax.  Will the tax be required from fans paying cash on game day?  What a mess that will be if the attendants need to count out pennies in change.  Any idea if the lots not associated with the team are affected by the new tax? 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #141: January 09, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
so are there any plans for changes in the stadium during this off-season?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #142: January 09, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
From the STH package:
All of the lots around the ball park have an extra 5.35% tax added ($35 lots cost $36.88 etc.).  What is interesting is that the lots that are further away from the park (HH and W) are not subject to the extra tax.  Will the tax be required from fans paying cash on game day?  What a mess that will be if the attendants need to count out pennies in change.  Any idea if the lots not associated with the team are affected by the new tax?

If tax is included then it's already built into the price of the ticket.  That's how all the concessions are done.

What am I missing here?    :shrug:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #143: January 10, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »
If tax is included then it's already built into the price of the ticket.  That's how all the concessions are done.

What am I missing here?    :shrug:

The STH prices for parking passes all increased by 5.35% so that they are no longer rounded to the dollar.  So in order to account for the new tax for the cash lots, the Nats will either have to lower their profit margin, raise prices by five bucks per lot, or raise prices by 5.35% per lot.  Not passing the tax along to the fans doesn't seem to fit the Lerner model and the prices for the official lots are already out of whack with the independent cash lots so a $5 increase would cause cost them money as fans look for other options, but I agree that counting pennies at a cash lot doesn't make sense as an option either.  Of course I'm more concerned that the Yards and the gravel lot will increase their prices by $5 a game.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #144: January 10, 2012, 07:13:11 AM »
Perhaps they'll just round it up...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #145: January 10, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »
Perhaps they'll just round it up...

So $43 instead of $42.14 for lot F.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #146: January 10, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
So $43 instead of $42.14 for lot F.

Pretty much.  I look forward to the $69 Family Fun Packs in 2014.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #147: January 12, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
Sooooo, do you want me to sent him (Ted Lerner and/or Mark Lerner) an e-mail mentioning your name, to prepare him for next season and what might appear on the message board with your name on it?  ... Just asking..... :mg:

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #148: January 12, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
Wow! Tough crowd...

No that wont be necessary, but the next time I see Mr. Lerner I'll be sure to tell him about the site (if he doesnt know about it already!)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #149: January 12, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
Wow! Tough crowd...

No that wont be necessary, but the next time I see Mr. Lerner I'll be sure to tell him about the site (if he doesnt know about it already!)

Yo, what's up with the price for the cash lot parking?  And Chief's tickets too?