Author Topic: Are you rooting for the Cards?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Are you rooting for the Cards?
« Reply #25: October 19, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »
Hope the tigers kept the champagne away from miggy.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #26: October 19, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »
My daughter-in-law is from STL, so she and son and grandchildren live there. Agreement was that the kids would be Redskin fans and Caps fans, but Cardinal fans also. My son has become a Nats fan...he grew up with the Gibbs Redskins and Langway Caps, but had no special interest in MLB. Now he does.

(And I left a couple of Curly-W hats for the kids. Unfortunately, the 6 year old sleeps under a Cardinals blanket. That's going to be tough.)

Offline Dixon Ward

« Reply #27: October 19, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »
1-0 giants after lynn fires one right off of second base.  :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: October 19, 2012, 09:20:57 PM »
Go with what your heart says, and right now my heart says GO GIANTS!

Bases loaded single up the middle!

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #29: October 19, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
Zito!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: October 19, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »
What a great bunt.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #31: October 19, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »
This Rosenthal kid is a beast. 

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #32: October 19, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »
I'm watching the Giants v Cards Game 1 and I'm pulling or St. Louis for several reasons.

1. If the Nats are going to lose and in the manner they did, I want the other team to win it all, otherwise it won't feel like its worth it.

2. As horrible as Friday was, there wasn't a Cards fan that I ran into that was trying to gloat or rub it in. Their fans just tend to be better fans, not like Philly fans.

3. I would love to see a rivalry between these teams that is just good baseball, and have it keep bubbling up in the postseason, and I'd really like to see the Nationals take them down as defending WS champs (as they should have this season).

4. I've had at least 10 people who I know that are Cards fans email me to express their shock at the win, state what a classy team the Nationals are, and even before the game on Friday, some said "if the Nationals beat the Cardinals tonight, I'd like to see the Nationals win it all."

All this means I'm pulling for the Cards over the Giants.

I respect your opinion, but disagree. Cardinals fans overall have been very respectful, but I'm bitter and angry over losing Game 5. I don't want our season to simply become a footnote in their successful defense of a world championship. If not by the Giants, then by the Tigers, I want St. Louis to feel at least ONE-TENTH of the pain we suffered on Black Friday. Yes, I am bitter and petty, but that is how I feel.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #33: October 24, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »
...outscored 20-1 over the final 3 matches of the series??

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #34: October 25, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
My 6-year-old grandson lives in St Louis, and sleeps with a FredBird stuffed animal (if FredBird is an animal). For Aidan's sake, and since my ST Louis kids were friendly to the Nats, I can't hnestly root against them. But something deep inside was pleased when the Giants came from 3 - 1 down to win it all.