Author Topic: Ive been bullish all year, but...  (Read 2019 times)

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
Ive been bullish all year, but...
« Topic Start: September 21, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
we're 2-5 over last seven.  We;re letting mediocre starters almost completely shut us down.  The bullpen, or at least key pieces of it, are looking shaky.  We're making errors in cluth, late game situations.  I just don't like what I see.

The sky isnt falling, and its been a great year.  we're going to the playoffs and it will only get better in the years to come.  But.  But, I'm starting to feel like the magic has sort of run out for THIS year.  We might just not have enough. 

I don't know, you just get the feeling that maybe our time in the postseason this year will be limited.  Better than nothing, yes.  But a bit disappointing after some stretches where we truly looked the part of an elite, possibly the best, team in  baseball.  We need to start scoring some runs.  And thank God the Braves lost today.  However, a huge opportunity was lost....magic number at 6 after tomight would have just about sealed it up.  The door is still open.

LET'S GO NATS!!!!!

Offline jhuterp

Re: Ive been bullish all year, but...
« Reply #1: September 21, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
I don't know, you just get the feeling that maybe our time in the postseason this year will be limited. 

If the Nats lose the division, I don't think they survive the wildcard game.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #2: September 21, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
:panic:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #3: September 21, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
Starts with the manager making the right moves

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #4: September 21, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
This board is unbearable sometimes

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #5: September 21, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »
If the Nats lose the division, I don't think they survive the wildcard game.

Right, I mean the way it is set up its a tossup.  two good teams going at at.....anything can happen, so its best to avoid that situation altogether.

We seem to really, really struggle against the elite pitchers....at least lately.  We also have been making mediocre guys look lights out.  I LOVE Davey....but another couple bad losses, and the Braves maybe getting it down to 3-4 games and I'd like to see a little more fire.  It's a young team that hasn;t been here before and I get his approach.  everything's okay, we're a great team.  But if we keep on this pace.....we're struggling to win games an dthis thing will tighten.  The pressure now will seem laughable.   

Might be time to acknowledge they're in a rough patch and get angry.  every team we play from here on out is in it and will be fighting for their lives.  And they're all veterean clubs that have been there before.

Offline PC

« Reply #6: September 21, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »

I'm sure there aren't many optimistic Nats' boards after tonight game.

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #7: September 21, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »

So you see no cause for concern whatsoever after the sweep in Atlanta, and 2-5 over the last 7?  I'll tell you what, the Braves could have HANDED it to us a couple times in that series.  There were men on base all over the place.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #8: September 21, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »

I'm sure there aren't many optimistic Nats' boards after tonight game.

They're not message boards, they're misery boards and misery LOVES company

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #9: September 21, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
we're 2-5 over last seven. 

That took some effort. You could count less games (2-2 in our last 4) or more games (5-5 in our last 10) and it would look better.

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #10: September 21, 2012, 10:59:32 PM »
That took some effort. You could count less games (2-2 in our last 4) or more games (5-5 in our last 10) and it would look better.

Yeah, I know.  But I started with our 0-3 trip to Atlanta where I feel like I saw some things I didn't like, and/or hadn;t seen much of this year. 

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #11: September 21, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »

In the last 10 games the Nats and Braves are both 5-5 so the Braves haven't gained any ground.  The Braves have let a few get away over that span as well, but I don't think we can count on that next week given the disparity in the quality of opponents.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #12: September 21, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
So you see no cause for concern whatsoever after the sweep in Atlanta, and 2-5 over the last 7?  I'll tell you what, the Braves could have HANDED it to us a couple times in that series.  There were men on base all over the place.

Meh, teams go through their ups and downs over the course of 162 games, despite that, the Nats have still been the most consistent team all year. The Nats are 5-5 over the last 10 games, same as the Braves

I'd like to see Drew close, I'd like to see Garcia in more high leverage situations and I'd like to see Clip get some days off. Beyond that, for me getting caught up in every single game like it's a do or die situation is a waste of energy.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: September 21, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Thank god it looks like we will miss facing Lee and Halladay in Philly next week. We will face Hamels-Cloyd-Kendrick unless something changes. Halladay could start Thurs on normal rest if they want to skip Kendrick.

Offline 114D

« Reply #14: September 21, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »
Not sure whether you people are morons or trolls.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #15: September 21, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
Do we still have the best record in baseball?

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #16: September 21, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
Meh, teams go through their ups and downs over the course of 162 games, despite that, the Nats have still been the most consistent team all year. The Nats are 5-5 over the last 10 games, same as the Braves

I'd like to see Drew close, I'd like to see Garcia in more high leverage situations and I'd like to see Clip get some days off. Beyond that, for me getting caught up in every single game like it's a do or die situation is a waste of energy.

Agreed, and you might be right.  Maybe the bats will wake up again in a big way.  It seems like we just dont have enough guys hot at the same time, and that is something every team goes through.  But its been going on for a week now.....I'm seeing some cracks in other spots, and it worries me.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #17: September 21, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »

Yes is the correct answer.

Offline deeznatz

« Reply #18: September 21, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »

I'm neither.  i'm a DC sports fan, and I'm fully prepared for the best sports dream of my life to fall apart in front of my eyes. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #19: September 21, 2012, 11:19:55 PM »
My "Phuck Filly" shirt is freshly laundered and ready to do its duty.  I'd much rather have Clippard crapping the bed in September than October.  Onward!!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #20: September 21, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
:lol: I'd say I am the most optimistic I have been since 2005. I will mock the players when they fail but I am smiling on the inside because deep down I know the division is ours. This time our pitching is just too damn good. 2005 was a bit of luck and a the energy of a fresh start, for the first time we are the real deal.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #21: September 21, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
The magic number is 7. That's all that matters. Clinch and everybody starts at 0-0.

Momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher they say. Our pitcher tomorrow is pretty damn good.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #22: September 21, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
Agreed, and you might be right.  Maybe the bats will wake up again in a big way.  It seems like we just dont have enough guys hot at the same time, and that is something every team goes through.  But its been going on for a week now.....I'm seeing some cracks in other spots, and it worries me.

Offense comes and goes, that's true for all teams.

The thing to take away from this game is how brilliant EJax was, he was ridiculously dominant. If he pitches like that in the post-season, forgetaboutit.

It's disappointing that Clip couldn't finish the deal, but it's not like he's our only option at Closer. And this may hastened Davey's decision to use Drew as the full time closer now. It's not the way you want to get there, but if that's the end result, all the better.

Offline spit

« Reply #23: September 22, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »
Offense comes and goes, that's true for all teams.

The thing to take away from this game is how brilliant EJax was, he was ridiculously dominant. If he pitches like that in the post-season, forgetaboutit.

It's disappointing that Clip couldn't finish the deal, but it's not like he's our only option at Closer. And this may hastened Davey's decision to use Drew as the full time closer now. It's not the way you want to get there, but if that's the end result, all the better.

ding ding ding

Offline Bloo

« Reply #24: September 22, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
Clippard sucks. That is all.