Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Padres, Game 3  (Read 17698 times)

natslive

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Padres, Game 3
« Reply #50: August 07, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "Montcobaseball"

Wonderful.  These guys had a good thing and it seems like they have collapsed and now don't even like each other.

been to all games this homestand and it seems like the team has no energy at all...today the only one that was his usual scrappy self was Jamey....still making dumb plays like Loiaza getting picked off and Baerga looking like Wilson at the plate and the PHs wiffing......as for Guzman and who changed his hitting style - my bet is on McCraw.....never been impressed with him when he was with other teams (Os and Mets).....

any word on when Schneider will be back?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #51: August 07, 2005, 05:16:04 PM »
Anyone who really believes this team ever had any kind of positive team chemistry is full of it

Offline rileyn

« Reply #52: August 07, 2005, 05:19:16 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Anyone who really believes this team ever had any kind of positive team chemistry is full of it

Why do you say that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #53: August 07, 2005, 06:01:49 PM »
Because chemistry to Frank Robinson is when players are agreeable and aren't mouthing off. They haven't been an agreeable bunch since Johnson's injury in late June....

Offline rileyn

« Reply #54: August 07, 2005, 06:13:04 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Because chemistry to Frank Robinson is when players are agreeable and aren't mouthing off. They haven't been an agreeable bunch since Johnson's injury in late June....

I would agree with that, but you initially said that this team never had any chemistry.  I know you saw some things while they were in Montreal so I was wondering if you had any more stories to share.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #55: August 07, 2005, 06:45:27 PM »
They never did, it was a matter of going through the motions. What Frank calls *chemistry* someone else will call being sucked up to, or simply not questioning his moves. The players have learned its easier to just go through the motions, rather than say anything. I'm more than sure that there are more players on the Nats team that if asked *off the record* if they liked playing for Frank, there would be a noticeable pause before they gave you their answer. They all respect him as the player he once was, but as a manager, that's a whole different ball of wax...

Frank Robinson didn't finish tied for dead last with Buck Showalter as the least liked manager in baseball because most of the 450 players polled didn't know him... think about it...

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #56: August 07, 2005, 07:05:40 PM »
Oh well, looks like I am going to have to wait until NEXT week to take advantage of the Papa John's offer---unless I want the Uncle Tom's special.

(When I visited my aunt and uncle last year in Wayne, NJ there was one night where we had pizza. He just ordered a plain pizza. I asked why we couldn't have toppings. He said that when he wanted a "pizza pie", he actually wanted to TASTE the "pizza pie."

Today, the Nats are helping thousands of fans enjoy their pizza pie on Monday night!)

Eddie Cunningham