Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 3 (Curly W)  (Read 19314 times)

iluvryanzimmerman

Quote from: "wpa2629"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "iluvryanzimmerman"
Hell Ya Dat My Guy Right Thurr
:?: What language is that?  (Image removed from quote.)

Cajun???
Might be...you know N'Orlins. :rofl:

Yep, killed my share of brain cells there ...
                                                    u know wat i say yo .. lol

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "tomterp"
Well, I think I have to go downstairs only when the Nats are at bat, right?  

Um, can I take my beverage with me?
"Beverage" what are you Tom some kind a high brow rich goober?  What is it..."Perrier"?  LOL...I bet it's Milwaukee's Best.   :lol:

LOL, I'm embarrassed to say, but it was cold water, not even any of that fizzy stuff.

Course my wife and I had already split a bottle of pinot grigio, which washed down the grilled dolphin and pesto pasta.

So ... when you scrape your nose off the ceiling ... care to share any of the grape with the rest of the board ... you know camp rules ... bring enough for all to share!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Well, I think I have to go downstairs only when the Nats are at bat, right?  

Um, can I take my beverage with me?
"Beverage" what are you Tom some kind a high brow rich goober?  What is it..."Perrier"?  LOL...I bet it's Milwaukee's Best.   :lol:

LOL, I'm embarrassed to say, but it was cold water, not even any of that fizzy stuff.

Course my wife and I had already split a bottle of pinot grigio, which washed down the grilled dolphin and pesto pasta.

So ... when you scrape your nose off the ceiling ... care to share any of the grape with the rest of the board ... you know camp rules ... bring enough for all to share!

I kid because I love :)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Billy Traber with the win ... amazing isn't it .. the Nats have wins against Glavine, Smoltz, Oswalt, and two against Willis ...who'd a thunk?

Offline PC

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Quote from: "PC"
Well, no 1-2-3.

I've come to the conclusion that Cordero isn't really a closer.

What in the F are you talking about??  He has saved 19 of his last 20 chances??!!

That's doesn't mean he's a closer.  I think he'd be a better setup man.

Offline nats2playoffs

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Oh ... and one against Wang with the yanks ...

Offline hammondsnats

Bang Zoom! Another Curly W Is In the Books!!!

decent job traber.  kid clutch flash leather, hustle, key hits as always = stud.  bri schnei...you can throw as many chairs as you'd like!

Offline sportsfan882

Well, no 1-2-3.

What are you talking about??  He has saved 19 of his last 20 chances??!!

19/20 doesn't mean he's a closer??!!  Show me another reliever in MLB that has done that ( I think there might be 1 other: Mike Gonzalez)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Well, no 1-2-3.

I'll take it any day - he's only blown three saves and last year he had more saves than anyone ... I'm liking him right where he is ...

Offline sportsfan882

We can win this series.  Villareal starting tomorrow for Atlanta is a washed up crappy reliever making a spot start.  We should tee off!  Hopefully, Bergmann will do a solid job.

Offline UMDNats

Pabelbon, maybe Todd Jones, Rivera. Just to name a few. Now they might not have 19 out of 20, but they're pretty good.

edit: this is not a shot against Chad. I think he's a pretty good closer.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Great job by the Nats ... lots of fun and excitement tonight all ... day game tomorrow ... I'll be at work .. but I'll try and poke my nose in ... have a great night!

Offline PC

Well, no 1-2-3.

I'll take it any day - he's only blown three saves and last year he had more saves than anyone ... I'm liking him right where he is ...

19/20 saves would also translate to a good setup man.  There's just a "killer" instinct that I look for in a closer that I don't think Chad has.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Well, no 1-2-3.

19/20 saves would also translate to a good setup man.  There's just a "killer" instinct that I look for in a closer that I don't think Chad has.

We agree to totally disagree ... he's been incredibly effective in this role the last two seasons ...a win is a win ... who cares how pretty it is ... don't mess with a good thing ...

Have a good night all

Offline nats2playoffs

Two more, Nats19....2 more!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Nats19"
Pabelbon, maybe Todd Jones, Rivera. Just to name a few. Now they might not have 19 out of 20, but they're pretty good.

edit: this is not a shot against Chad. I think he's a pretty good closer.

Actually, I believe they all have more blown saves than the Chief ... but they also have more chances - I don't think anyone is comparing the Chief to Rivera ... but he's done an excellent job with this club ... beats the hell out of the Indians pen who blow saves on a nightly basis ...

Offline sportsfan882

Killer instinct??  Chief always comes in and throws first pitch strikes and only throws 2 pitches, fastball and slider(off speed).  He gets the job done and that is all that matters.  Led MLB in saves last year and has done a fine job this year.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Game Thread over...made a "Is Chad Cordero Closer Material Thread" to continue this discussion... thanks.