Author Topic: *MIKE RIZZO DOES*: Anyone else secretly hope Jacoby Ellsbury becomes a Nat?  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Werth/Ellsbury/Harper with Morse at 1B would be great.

We should definitely let Laroche walk and pursue an outfielder this offseason. 

Laroche has been great for us this year sure, but he'll get absurd money (for a player of LaRoche's caliber)based off of this season in the FA market, and imo, 1B is really where Morse should be.

with Tyler Moore as his primary backup.

Adam LaRoche has had a very Adam LaRoche year .260/.333/.489 compared to career averages of .267/.336/.479. This has really been the most Adam LaRoche year Adam LaRoche could have had except he started out hot, and this year hasn't been that much better than the year LaRoche had the last time he entered free agency and that free agent first base class was just as weak. I would rather have Bourn in center and Morse at first than any of the other options, but any outfield move this off-season depends on how the Nationals evaluate Goodwin, because I am willing to bet that whoever plays first next season is only keeping it warm for Rendon.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I think, eventually, Werth or Zimmerman will end up at first

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win

Zimmerman ends up at first the same year Beltre does.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
bryce harper will be a washington national his entire mlb career.

I'm hoping so, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Offline BH34Natural

No, I would like Bourne for 3 years or less.

Online Slateman

Re: September Call Ups
« Reply #30: August 20, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
Trust me. I've been calling for him to be added longer than anyone here.

That post was before Ladson said HR was going to be called up. Happy to see it.

Bourn is having a career year. Ellsbury had a career year last year

Ellsbury's career year >>>> Bourn's

OTOH

Bourn's consistency > Ellsbury

My problem, if there is one, with Bourn is that he's going to be 30 next season. How long will he keep his legs?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Totally an autocorrect by my phone!

We're not paying you to make excuses.   

Results.  Period.

:lol:

Offline Ray D

He mentioned Jeter, Chipper, and maybe someone else
Mantle.

Offline CapsnNats

Mantle.

Ripken.

I hope he'll stick around. He can't say enough good things about this team, the town and the fans, and he's really made an effort to get out there.

Offline Once an Expos Fan

• Nos Amours

I don't see why they will. They are very athletic players. We're not talking Carlos Lee here, right? ;)

Online Slateman

I don't see why they will. They are very athletic players. We're not talking Carlos Lee here, right? ;)

Werth is 33. How long do you think he'll be "athletic"

Zimmerman may end up at third simply to keep him healthy. I believe he's stated that he's not opposed to the idea later on in his career.

Offline HalfSmokes

Zimmerman may end up at third simply to keep him healthy. I believe he's stated that he's not opposed to the idea later on in his career.

I think left is more likely than first for werth

• Nos Amours

Depends on the player, really. Jim Edmonds was pretty athletic for a long time, but that may be an exception.

• Nos Amours
RIZZO LISTENED AND TRIED  :shock:  8)

There is another marquee name to keep in mind, not on the free agent market but on the trading block. The Nationals attempted to trade for Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury this summer, putting in a waiver claim for him in August, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. It is not known what the Nationals offered, only that they fell far short of the Red Sox’s understandably high demands, and the discussions never reached advanced stages. But it would not be a surprise if they tried again for Ellsbury, who would become a free agent after 2013, if the Red Sox make him available (and that’s a significant “if”).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nationals-to-enter-a-whole-new-brand-of-free-agency/2012/11/03/5a34b8e4-25ed-11e2-ac85-e669876c6a24_story_1.html

Get it done Mike.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
If he could stay healthy.... :az:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Thread re-title is going to get this baby rocking. Welcome to the off-season, see you in 500 pages.

Offline NationalHeat

Offline Mattionals

If he comes cheaply enough, maybe Morse and Clippard or Moore and Clippard, the Nats have a stopgap solution until Goodwin comes up.

Offline Ray D

Who is that in the picture (getting licked)? Ellsbury? Doesn't look like him.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Any videos of him playing? Read a little about him but I've never seen him on the field....

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
If he could stay healthy.... :az:

Yeah. Grady when healthy was awesome.

Oh you're talking about Ellsbury? My bad. I confuse them from time to time.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The Red Sox could use  OF/1B help, at least short term, and help on the pitching staff (rotation or bullpen). They may also be interested in an SS upgrade until some of their minor leaguers develop.  SS is actually a position of strength in their system, but the most advanced guy, Jose Iglesias, can't hit at all.  Kalish I suppose could play CF until Jackie Bradley Jr. is ready.   

Offline HalfSmokes

The Red Sox could use  OF/1B help, at least short term, and help on the pitching staff (rotation or bullpen). They may also be interested in an SS upgrade until some of their minor leaguers develop.  SS is actually a position of strength in their system, but the most advanced guy, Jose Iglesias, can't hit at all.  Kalish I suppose could play CF until Jackie Bradley Jr. is ready.   

So Morse, Storen/Clip, and Espinosa with something additional coming back?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
If Morse were in the deal, then I'd think they'd want prospects as the other pieces for Ellsbury. 

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
So Morse, Storen/Clip, and Espinosa with something additional coming back?

i'd want relievers with team control left.