Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer (2008-2013)  (Read 162875 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #2025: December 02, 2011, 07:09:30 AM »
He said they were very happy with the event and plan on another one next summer.

Good to hear. Hopefully it will be run by someone other than Georgetown events.

The final Truckeroo of the year was held this past Friday at Das Bullpen. And it was not without a few bumps in the road, as evidenced by the open letter posted on the DC Food Truck Association Web site apologizing for a last-minute $1 cover charge at the door. The DCFTA is also sorry about the fact that, due to rainy weather, the event ended hours prior to the advertised midnight closing time. The letter asserts that the truck owners "had absolutely no control over this decision," clarifying that the event host, Georgetown Events, was responsible for the changes.

Georgetown Events owner Bo Blair says the suggested donation became mandatory when the first hundred-odd visitors didn't offer contributions. "We were hoping people would be generous enough to say, 'I'll give five dollars!' I'll give ten!'" says Blair.  "Not only was that not the case, so many people were such jerks that they didn't give anything."

Blair says it was a mistake on his company's part, and that the wording on flyers should have read "suggested minimum donation" of a dollar. The intent all along was for the event to be a fundraiser. "Bottom line is, if someone doesn't want to give a dollar for charity, we'd rather they not come," says Blair.

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/21425.html

After an unaccounced $1 cover, those assholdes refused to make change, and the lines got borked. For those who did manage to get a dollar or got one from a friend who had made it inside, they shut it down early. After that he starts calling people jerks for not carrying a dollar around in their pocket. If that same outfit is involved, I will have to put some serious thought into it before deciding to attend.

This has nothing to do the food trucks, I love them. Thank the gods we finally have some good options for street food that isn't out of the back of someone's car.