Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417000 times)

Offline NickyBlueEyes

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1700: August 05, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
Hi everyone. Im Nick. I live near Rockville. Been a Nats fan since they moved into town. I grew up an Oakland fan but since none of my other teams are local (Vikings, Canucks, Hornets) I decided to jump ship, haha. I have been monitoring this site for a long time but finally decided to get off my butt and become a member. Thats pretty much all. Just wanted to say "Hi guys, let finish above the Mets this year". Side note, I FREAKING HATE THE METS!! Go Nats!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1701: August 08, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
Muck the Fets :clap:

Offline RebelNAT

• Hotty Toddy
« Reply #1702: August 16, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
Hi good people. New here, have been lurking for quite a while. Stoked about the signings last night. But being a recent ole miss alum im happy laxer and buchanan stayed with the rebs.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1703: August 16, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
Hi good people. New here, have been lurking for quite a while. Stoked about the signings last night. But being a recent ole miss alum im happy laxer and buchanan stayed with the rebs.

Well gitcherass over to the gameday thread and jump in!

We'll get those guys next time. 

Offline RebelNAT

• Hotty Toddy
« Reply #1704: August 16, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Haha. On my way.  i think youll be happier to get em the next go around anyways. I wasnt super impressed with em. thanks for the welcome.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1705: August 17, 2011, 02:28:01 AM »
Muck the Fets :clap:

Puck Fittsburgh!

Welcome RebelNat and NickyBlueEyes!

Offline cjones

« Reply #1706: August 19, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »
I'm Paul and have been a partial STH since 2007.  I'm up in Section 305.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #1707: August 19, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
I'm Paul and have been a partial STH since 2007.  I'm up in Section 305.

Welcome, Paul.  Did you just find this board, or have you been lurking for a while and just now decided to post?

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #1708: August 23, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »
Hi everyone I'm Eric and I've been a Nationals fan since 2005. Up until I was 15 I really didn't care about pro baseball and my only team was the Norfolk Tides (and the Mets kinda due to their affiliation until 2006). When they moved in 2005 I just thought it would be cool to root for a local major legae team  for once (my favorite teams are the Tennessee Titans, New Jersey Devils, New Orleans Hornets, and a handful of college football teams) and for some reason I always hated the Oriels, IDK why. My first game was last year on Strasmas in the nosebleed sections and had I not been a fan before then I  was defiantly a fan after that game.

Also, I would like to say I do not belong to either the LAC or LANC camps. I think the Lerners MAY BE cheap. (LMBC?)

Offline sam_c

« Reply #1709: August 23, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm Sam and I am from London, England.  I have been watching MLB for about 8-10 years now, up until april 2007 I never really followed a team in particular.  I visited NYC in april of that year and got tickets to see a yankees game (for the history mostly) and a mets game...against the nationals.  I already bloody despised the mets so thought I shall root for the nats and the nats ended up winning 6-2.  When I arrived home I began watching the nationals religiously, it's gone from there really.  Been lurking the forum for about a year now, thought I should actually sign up and get involved!

Go nats!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1710: August 23, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm Sam and I am from London, England.  I have been watching MLB for about 8-10 years now, up until april 2007 I never really followed a team in particular.  I visited NYC in april of that year and got tickets to see a yankees game (for the history mostly) and a mets game...against the nationals.  I already bloody despised the mets so thought I shall root for the nats and the nats ended up winning 6-2.  When I arrived home I began watching the nationals religiously, it's gone from there really.  Been lurking the forum for about a year now, thought I should actually sign up and get involved!

Go nats!!

:uk:

Welcome!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1711: August 23, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Hi everyone I'm Eric and I've been a Nationals fan since 2005. Up until I was 15 I really didn't care about pro baseball and my only team was the Norfolk Tides (and the Mets kinda due to their affiliation until 2006). When they moved in 2005 I just thought it would be cool to root for a local major legae team  for once (my favorite teams are the Tennessee Titans, New Jersey Devils, New Orleans Hornets, and a handful of college football teams) and for some reason I always hated the Oriels, IDK why. My first game was last year on Strasmas in the nosebleed sections and had I not been a fan before then I  was defiantly a fan after that game.

Also, I would like to say I do not belong to either the LAC or LANC camps. I think the Lerners MAY BE cheap. (LMBC?)
LMOMNBCAOI.  Lerners May Or May Not Be Cheap And Or Incompetent :lol:

Hey everyone!

Go nats!!
Too bad you waited until now to register.  Our very own houston-nat was london-nat for a semester abroad.  You two could have had a mini WNFF meet up, but he's back in the good ole USA now :)

Online blue911

« Reply #1712: August 23, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »
Houston-Nat is in Texas, not the US

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1713: August 23, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Hey everyone!

Go nats!!

Londoners have great taste :thumbs:

Offline HopeForHarper

• Harper, Y U NO START FAST?
« Reply #1714: August 25, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Ethan. I'm currently located in Cumberland (west of Hagerstown for noobs), but I am originally from Bryans Road in Charles County. I have been a Nats fan since the move from Montreal. I went to the game where Brad Wilkerson (haven't heard that name in a while, I bet) hit the first grand slam in Nationals history at RFK in the inaugural season in DC. Since then, I have been to at least one game a year and watch the team religiously every night. I am a proud autograph hunter and have already procured a Bryce Harper autographed ball myself in Salisbury when the Suns played the Shorebirds while I was on vacation in OC. I am hoping to get to one more game this season before it's all over and watch our Nats. Thanks, and, obviously, Go Nats!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1715: August 25, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
Another Cumberland-er.  How come there aren't any other members from my hood?  :lol:

Welcome, Ethan.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1716: August 25, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Ethan. I'm currently located in Cumberland (west of Hagerstown for noobs), but I am originally from Bryans Road in Charles County.

That's some diverse breeding there.  Bet you don't get much of this up in Cumberland:

Offline HopeForHarper

• Harper, Y U NO START FAST?
« Reply #1717: August 25, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
TomTerp, I do realize what I am missing. But I have family down there, and every time I visit, I get this:

And this:

If you don't know what these are, you are not really a true SMIB (Southern Maryland In-Bred).

And thank you Nathan, it's good to know that Cumberland isn't a bunch of O's and Bucs fans.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1718: August 25, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
I believe Terpfan76 is from Cumberland or close by.  I'm in Thurmont.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1719: August 27, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
TomTerp, I do realize what I am missing. But I have family down there, and every time I visit, I get this:

(Image removed from quote.)

And this:
(Image removed from quote.)

Perhaps you've parked here before -

The BBQ place I'm not familiar with, but I used to bicycle to Hovermales.  You can still get these there:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1720: August 27, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »
I had a teacher friend who lived in Bryans Road!  BTW Down Route 6 south of Laplata towards Port Tobacco, there used to be a General Store, Post Office and Barbeque in the back.  I wonder if it's still there or if the tornado a number of years back, obliterated the whole structure?

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1721: September 29, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and decided to join up. My name is Tim, I'm from Texas. I've been a Nats fan since they moved to Washington, not really sure why. But I've really got into them in the last couple of years. I had MLB.tv for the second half of this season, and that was phenomenal as an out of market fan. See you guys on the boards!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1722: September 29, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and decided to join up. My name is Tim, I'm from Texas. I've been a Nats fan since they moved to Washington, not really sure why. But I've really got into them in the last couple of years. I had MLB.tv for the second half of this season, and that was phenomenal as an out of market fan. See you guys on the boards!
Welcome, Tim!  Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsd-CPDOX18#noexternalembed-ws

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1723: September 29, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
Welcome one and all!

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1724: September 30, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »
Nathan, you are the first person since that episode aired to mention that. That is exactly where I got my name. Well, well played sir.