Author Topic: 2010 Official draft pick signings/discussion thread  (Read 13199 times)

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
If Cole signs, he's likely a last day (minute?) guy like Harper

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Again, a kick to the junk of GMU. Players keep stressing how good their offers are.

Offline NatsDad14

Again, a kick to the junk of GMU. Players keep stressing how good their offers are.
?

Offline PatsNats28

?

I'm assuming this is Bowden vs. Rizzo

Offline PANatsFan

I'm assuming this is Bowden vs. Rizzo

Cheap vs reality.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Cheap vs reality.

You have the colossal gall to call Bowden cheap?  :lmao:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Someone theorized that Bowden offered to do things on a shoestring budget in order to stay in the Lerners' good graces when he, in fact, didn't need to do that.  I have no idea if that's remotely true, but that's an interesting theory.

It makes sense - I could see Bowden doing something like that to compensate for his shortcomings as a G.M.

Offline PatsNats28

I think it's something like that. I think the Lerners were like "We don't wanna spend money unless we're gonna be a good team," and Bowden felt like he could get in their good graces by getting cheap players like Milledge and Dukes.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
The Washington Nationals have come to terms with Texas OF'er Kevin Keyes, their 7th round pick in the 2010 draft.

http://flotn.blogspot.com/2010/07/nationals-sign-7th-round-pick-kevin.html

Heh. I sort of broke a story... at least, I didn't see anyone else with the info as of yet.

Offline PANatsFan

http://flotn.blogspot.com/2010/07/nationals-sign-7th-round-pick-kevin.html

Heh. I sort of broke a story... at least, I didn't see anyone else with the info as of yet.

You figured it out from a press release or from checking the roster at MILB? Because I wouldn't take that as anything more than overzealous webmastering at this point.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
You figured it out from a press release or from checking the roster at MILB? Because I wouldn't take that as anything more than overzealous webmastering at this point.

Coupled with this tweet from Dustin McComas, a writer for Orangebloods.com (which is all things UT sports) that I found earlier in the day.

TheKingOfPing -
Spoke with a source that informed me Kevin Keyes signed with the #Nationals, and will begin his pro career soon. Congrats to Kevin. #UT

A tweet from a guy that's connected to the UT program and a place on the official MiLB Vermont roster page were strong enough sources for me to run the story.

Offline PANatsFan

Coupled with this tweet from Dustin McComas, a writer for Orangebloods.com (which is all things UT sports) that I found earlier in the day.

A tweet from a guy that's connected to the UT program and a place on the official Vermont MiLB page are strong enough sources for me to run the story.

Pretty obscure. Nice. I agree about the two sources being enough.

The guy is also on ESPN Radio Austin.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Heck, if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it... but I still think I got the correct scoop before the rest of the Nats press corps.; no matter how insignificant the story is.

Offline PANatsFan

Heck, if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it... but I still think I got the correct scoop; no matter how insignificant the story was.

Read below. I agree and this guy is a nice player. Rizzo taking care of business.

Offline PatsNats28

Heck, if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it... but I still think I got the correct scoop before the rest of the Nats press corps.; no matter how insignificant the story is.

send your link to kilgore/goessling/zuckerman and see if any of them give you credit.

Offline daveb32

according to ben we've signed 3 more picks including 3rd round pick Rick Hague.

Offline PatsNats28

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The Washington Nationals announced today they have agreed to terms with three players selected in this year's draft. They are shortstop Rick Hague, right fielder Kevin Keyes and left fielder Randolph Oduber. Hague, taken in the third round, is the highest selected player the club has signed.

Offline PANatsFan

Solis, Cole, and Harper are the big fish, right?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
yeah.  I saw something about Harper playing in an 18U league soon, so I guess he's not planning to sign until the last minute.

Offline NFA Brian

Solis, Cole, and Harper are the big fish, right?

Pretty much.

8th rd LHP Matt Grace from UCLA and 12th rd HS LHP Robbie Ray, and 14th rd SS Tim Smalling from Virginia Tech are the only other unsigned picks from the first 20 rounds. From most to least likely to sign of those three: Grace-Smalling-Ray

Offline sportsfan882

8th round pick Matt Grace signed per Baseball America (retweet from NFA Brian)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=9577

Offline d_mc_nabb

What's the scouting report on Grace?

Offline NFA Brian

Grace is a left-handed reliever

high-80s fastball and plus low-80s curveball.