Author Topic: P-Nats 2010  (Read 2162 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
P-Nats 2010
« Topic Start: April 08, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
Opening day got rained out, they play two tomorrow starting at 5:30.

It looks like Burgess and Norris are still on the roster, is there anyone else with a good chance to move up?

Offline JMUalumni

Re: P-Nats 2010
« Reply #1: April 08, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
Marcos Frias, AJ Morris, Juan Jamie all have pretty good shots to make it the big show one day.

Tyler Moore is probably a long shot, but the boy can hit.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #2: April 09, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
Marcos Frias, AJ Morris, Juan Jamie all have pretty good shots to make it the big show one day.

Tyler Moore is probably a long shot, but the boy can hit.
you don't think Boom-Boom will move up next season?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #3: April 09, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
you don't think Boom-Boom will move up next season?

Who is Boom-boom?  Burgess?

Offline imref

« Reply #4: April 09, 2010, 10:47:56 PM »
We went tonight, they dropped the first game 6-4 and we left shortly after the 2nd started.  They played a full nine in the first and it was pretty cold, very windy too until the sun went down.

Really surprised to see Norris there, would have expected him to be in AA by now.

The highlight was the new Ben's Chili Bowl by the third base gate.

« Reply #5: April 09, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »
Gotta hit a few Pnats games thisr year.

Offline imref

« Reply #6: April 09, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »
the new scoreboard isn't in yet, the staffer I talked to said they are expecting to have it installed in May.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #7: April 13, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »
Who is Boom-boom?  Burgess?
               Boomer Whiting.........called fondly Boom-Boom by some of the members of the P-Nats Booster Club, which I am a member of. He is also a stealer of bases....

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #8: April 13, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »
               Boomer Whiting.........called fondly Boom-Boom by some of the members of the P-Nats Booster Club, which I am a member of. He is also a stealer of bases....

Oh ok, I should have picked up on that.  I've always liked him, but I don't think he has the bat to make it to the bigs.  He does have incredible speed, but unfortunately not much more.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #9: April 13, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
Oh ok, I should have picked up on that.  I've always liked him, but I don't think he has the bat to make it to the bigs.  He does have incredible speed, but unfortunately not much more.
               Yea, unfortunately I have seen that too..............

Offline imref

« Reply #10: May 12, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »
has anyone been to the park lately?  is the new video screen in yet?  

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #11: May 12, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »
 No the new video screen is not up yet. They keep saying by the end of May, but I will believe it when I see it.  I think it will be sometime in June before they get everything completed and up and going on the new video screen. Till then, we are still squinting from the box seats to see how many strikes and walks a batter has, and what is the score per inning....... :shrug:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: May 13, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
CMDterps and I really need to make it down there some time.  While all I care about is the product on the field, it sucks the stadium is such a dump. 

Would love to see Burgess, Norris and Morris. 

Offline imref

« Reply #13: May 13, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »
No the new video screen is not up yet. They keep saying by the end of May, but I will believe it when I see it.  I think it will be sometime in June before they get everything completed and up and going on the new video screen. Till then, we are still squinting from the box seats to see how many strikes and walks a batter has, and what is the score per inning....... :shrug:

ugh, we're going to Scout night in July, hoping it's ready by then.  Last year they couldn't get the video working at all on the crappy screen they have now.

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #14: May 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
CMDterps and I really need to make it down there some time.  While all I care about is the product on the field, it sucks the stadium is such a dump. 
Would love to see Burgess, Norris and Morris. 
              With the Nats away on Memorial Day weekend, the Memorial Day week-end is a good time to catch a P-Nats game, especially since they are playing 2 very good teams. Sat and Sun (29-30 May), the P-Nats are playing the Salem Rex Sox, and Monday (31 May) - they are playing the Winston -Salem-Dash (White Sox) which is the best hitting team in the Minor League this season -they have some tremendous hitters -unbelievable. The game on Sat is at 6:35pm, Sunday is at 1:05 pm, and Monday -it is at 1:05 pm. Of the three games, the best will be on Monday. Plus there is Ben's Chili Bowl, now at the stadium.
             It will be fun -oh and also there will be a Booster Club feed (picnic) for members, guests (whoever is interested), and players at the picnic area of the stadium, after the game on Monday, Memorial Day; for a small fee, which you can pay when you come in for the game and/or  before the picnic - it's all you can eat of pulled pork, bbq, and so on.........no autographs, but it's a chance to talk to the players and meet some hard-core Nats fans of the Nats Minor League.   So there are some choices for you.....        :cheers:

Offline imref

« Reply #15: May 13, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »
The saturday fireworks are really good as well

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #16: May 14, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »
just got an email stating the new video board will debut on May 24

The Potomac Nationals in Woodbridge, Va., will retrofit an existing scoreboard with a new integrated video and scoring system at Pfitzner Stadium. The equipment will be designed, manufactured and installed by Daktronics Inc. The debut is scheduled for May 24.

“The addition of the new scoreboard will enhance the fan experience in a big way, and not just from a baseball standpoint,” Potomac Nationals Vice President/General Manager Jonathan Griffith said.

A new light emitting diode (LED) video display will measure more than 13 feet high by 35 feet wide and span the entire width of the scoreboard. The video display will be capable of showing live video and instant replays during games, as well as dazzling graphics, custom animations, up-to-the-minute statistics and advertisements.

An LED baseball scoreboard and LED ribbon display will sit below the video display for additional informational and entertaining content for fans. The LED ribbon display will provide more opportunities for sponsor recognition during games.

The video and message displays will incorporate DakStats® software to show current game stats, out-of-town scores and real-time season statistics during every at bat.

“We will work hard to provide the Nationals with quality service as customers of Daktronics,” Arthur Portnoy, Daktronics Sales said. “We’re looking forward to seeing the new system in operation.”

Installation of the new video and message displays will begin Monday, May 17, and is scheduled to be completed by Potomac’s game with Kinston on Monday, May 24. Fans can keep up to date on the installation process via a 24-hour, live streaming Web cam at PotomacNationals.com.

Offline imref

« Reply #17: May 14, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
very cool, now maybe they can work on replacing the bleachers. :-)

Offline imref

« Reply #18: May 20, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »

Offline imref

« Reply #19: July 17, 2010, 11:33:27 PM »
we went to tonight's game at the Pfitz, it was a big night as in honor of Art Silber's 70th birthday they put a #42 on the outfield wall and held a tribute to him during the 7th inning stretch.  The P-Nats won 6-3.  It was also scout night and the ticket price included a scout parade, kids run the bases, fireworks, and camping and a movie in the outfield.  We skipped the camping/movie part.

And the best part of it all was getting J-Zimm to sign both our kids hat's and one of their J-Zimm baseball cards!!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #20: July 18, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
COOL!  I got a JZimm auto at one of the Signature Sundays at Nats Park.  Real nice guy

The new scoreboard (I went on the 4th of July) is nice but I don't think they take full advantage of its capabilities yet.  Sure beats the "Lite Brite" version they had up there before.

Offline imref

« Reply #21: July 18, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
COOL!  I got a JZimm auto at one of the Signature Sundays at Nats Park.  Real nice guy

The new scoreboard (I went on the 4th of July) is nice but I don't think they take full advantage of its capabilities yet.  Sure beats the "Lite Brite" version they had up there before.

my older son spotted JZ in the dugout during the scout parade and ran up to him for him (past several other players) to autograph his card and hat.  Zimmermann was amicable as I tried to pull my son away (who wanted to hand him 5 more things to sign).

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #22: July 18, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
Get other guys too.  I got autographs at 2 AA All-star games.   Mark Burleigh was one!

You never know who's going to be good.

Offline imref

« Reply #23: July 18, 2010, 11:40:35 PM »
Get other guys too.  I got autographs at 2 AA All-star games.   Mark Burleigh was one!

You never know who's going to be good.

yeah, we always get a bunch - even got Art Silber's last night.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: July 19, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »
yeah, we always get a bunch - even got Art Silber's last night.

:old: