Author Topic: Beat Pettite, Sweep Rockies  (Read 1931 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Beat Pettite, Sweep Rockies
« Topic Start: August 11, 2005, 01:45:14 PM »
That's the plan.

If we can manage to get to Pettite early, and Drese puts of a solid outing we can leave Houston with a series win, and still only be 1 back of them. I think our offense is waking up finally, and I've got a good feeling about tonight's game. as long as Drese can keep the ball on the ground, I think we can get through Pettite. he's good..but He's no Clemens and he's no Oswalt.

our bats SHOULD continue to come alive in Colorado, and if our bats are working again, I don't honestly see how Colorado can beat us.

Preston and Vinny should thrive at Coors for three games. I start Preston every game that series.

If Arizona does their Job, we could find ourselves within 2-3 games of Atlanta by the end of the week, with a good opportunity to push the Phillies back down.

We gotta make it happen.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1: August 11, 2005, 01:48:33 PM »
yep. thats the plan.

our bats seem to finally be hittin the ball well (12 runs in last 2 games).

colorado is a great hitters ballpark -- hopefully Vinny hits like he did when he was there.

the wildcard/division race is gettin tighter. we need a sweep.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #2: August 11, 2005, 01:50:30 PM »
Lets be realistic though, the Braves are most likely gonna sweep the Diamondbacks. Just hope the Phillies Marlins and Mets lose so we're at least closer to the WC. I mean I really want the Nats to win the division, I LOATHE THE BRAVES. And not only that I'm sick and tired of hearing about "they're rolling along to their 14th straight division title"

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #3: August 11, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Lets be realistic though, the Braves are most likely gonna sweep the Diamondbacks. Just hope the Phillies Marlins and Mets lose so we're at least closer to the WC. I mean I really want the Nats to win the division, I LOATHE THE BRAVES. And not only that I'm sick and tired of hearing about "they're rolling along to their 14th straight division title"

the D-Backs took two of three from the Braves the last time they played, if I recall correctly.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #4: August 11, 2005, 02:04:07 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"

the D-Backs took two of three from the Braves the last time they played, if I recall correctly.

But now the Braves (even writing their names makes me sick) are "surging" they have the "hotbat" of Andruw Jones and the "rising" of Jeff Francoeur.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #5: August 11, 2005, 02:21:52 PM »
I'd just like to point out that this is baseball, and nothing is a given.  Chops are on a roll, but Arizona is no pushover, either.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #6: August 11, 2005, 02:26:46 PM »
The reason I'm keeping my expectations so low, is because I dont want to be disappointed. That way if the Nats lose today and (God forbid) get swept by the Rockies, I wont be that upset. But if we win today and sweep the Rockies...maybe the mets and phillies too....I will be ecstatic!!!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: August 11, 2005, 02:29:01 PM »
Exactly, if everything was easy, there would no excitement of pennants races, no thrills because of a close game... the X factor makes baseball what it is... You just never know... For proof, look at the amazing turnaround the A's made... From 15 games under on May 29th to 17 games over as of last night...

We might as well root for the Nats, especially since the fat lady is still sitting in her dressing room eating the complimentary donuts...

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #8: August 11, 2005, 02:33:43 PM »
LOL, you know if it wasnt for you guyz I would've gave up hope on the Nationalz along time ago. Thanks for helping me keep the faith alive!!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #9: August 11, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »
HUH???? OMG I didn't know Faith was ill....

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #10: August 11, 2005, 03:02:31 PM »
That fat lady is gonna sue us one of these days for talking about her behind her back so much :lol: