Author Topic: I like Dunns leadership!  (Read 2365 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: I like Dunns leadership!
« Reply #50: April 12, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »
I disagree.  If we still had Bonifacio he would be 1-for-16 with 8 strikeouts and everyone would be talking about how they wished we still had Rauch.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #51: April 12, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
I disagree.  If we still had Bonifacio he would be 1-for-16 with 8 strikeouts and everyone would be talking about how they wished we still had Rauch.

That is why I said swap his "production." I too agree that if we still had him, he would not have been this productive.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #52: April 12, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
That is why I said swap his "production." I too agree that if we still had him, he would not have been this productive.

Clever ;)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #53: April 12, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »
I don't buy it. He would be playing here like he is playing with Florida. he's just a natural hitter with great speed.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #54: April 12, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »
I don't buy it. He would be playing here like he is playing with Florida. he's just a natural hitter with great speed.
Tell that to FLOP

Offline GMUTrkstar

« Reply #55: April 12, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »

Idk about him being a "natural hitter" he only hit .248 with us last year in a much larger sample size. When he came here he was known for his glove not so much for his bat. Maybe he finally has got it clicking but I'd wait for a much larger sample size before saying so.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #56: April 12, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »
He has at least 2 hits in every game this season and is leading the entire Majors in hits.

He showed flashes of that here and dominated the winter leagues in the off-season. He was poised to break out this year.

Offline GMUTrkstar

« Reply #57: April 12, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
He has at least 2 hits in every game this season and is leading the entire Majors in hits.

He showed flashes of that here and dominated the winter leagues in the off-season. He was poised to break out this year.

Still u called him a "natural hitter" when he's struggled with the bat up to this point in his career. I doubt he'll lead the majors in hits at the end of the year and he got the pleasure of facing our stellar pitching in the beginning of the year. It's gonna take a couple more months of this type of production for me to believe in his bat.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #58: April 12, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »
Hater.  He's on pace for, like, 300 hits.  If that's not natural, I don't know what that word means!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #59: April 12, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
One take on the matter from Adam Dunn:

"What is agonizing is, we have opportunities to blow the game open," Dunn said. "I can think of three, four games that we've had the opportunity to blow the game open. Early. And we just can't get the big hit or something like that. The good news is, I know stuff like that changes. We're out there and everybody is playing hard, which is obviously a plus. I can safely say that nobody is not playing hard, because they are. The effort is there."

:?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #60: April 12, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Hater.  He's on pace for, like, 300 hits.  If that's not natural, I don't know what that word means!
Six games in.

lol @ some people's lack of understanding of the concept of sample sizes

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #61: April 12, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
Six games in.

lol @ some people's lack of understanding of the concept of sample sizes

yeah, somehow, I don't see Bonifacio maintaining his head to head battle with Pujols to see who will have the better OPS.

Offline AlexL925

« Reply #62: April 12, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
yeah, somehow, I don't see Bonifacio maintaining his head to head battle with Pujols to see who will have the better OPS.
LOL

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #63: April 12, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
until olsen can make it past the fifth inning and willingham does anything ANYTHING...and that includes being traded... we definitely got the short end of this deal. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #64: April 13, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

The Mets know he cannot lay off high fast balls and he went 0/4 yesterday. Why Randy St. Claire doesn't know this is a mystery to me.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #65: April 18, 2009, 11:23:26 PM »
Marlins pitching held Washington to one hit the rest of the way, and Adam Dunn felt the Nationals should have put the game away after taking a 5-0 lead in the first inning.

"It's the same old story every single game: We have pitchers on the ropes, we have big opportunities to blow the game open. [Five] to nothing is good, but it could have been 10-0," Dunn said. "And then Johnson pitches six innings and we [get one hit after the second]. We need to get that killer instinct. Right now, we don't have it."

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #66: April 18, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »
Adam Dunn is awesome. Doesn't sugarcoat like Acta does.