Author Topic: Washington Capitals (2013-14)  (Read 57973 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Glad I'm not the only one to have trouble. I suspect, but do not know and am reluctant to speculate because it feels like gossip, that Bumper is probably preoccupied with her son's situation and doesn't have as much time to focus on site maintenance.

That would make sense (and let's hope that's actually what it is)  - I was starting to worry about it being a matter of Leonsis' attorneys threatening her (there's my often hyper-lively imagination going again).

Offline UMDNats

Amazingly, the Caps have made a very good move in signing Grabovski for one year at $3 million. He should be a stud here.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Is that for real now?  I've been hearing rumours for a few days but thought he was still hiding in a bearskin tent in the taiga and hadn't made up his mind yet.  If so, freak yeah.

[edit: I see it is...that's brilliant.  Great move]

Amazingly, the Caps have made a very good move in signing Grabovski for one year at $3 million. He should be a stud here.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Not much cap room left so this is probably it for notable moves but it's a good one.

• babble on
A lot cheaper than Ribeiro and a one-year deal at that. 
Not much cap room left so this is probably it for notable moves but it's a good one.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Introducing the Capitals' star 2nd line center...

Mathieu Perreault.

Here's your chance Matty, do it

Back to the third line...maybe fourth...

Offline CALSGR8

• babble on
Preseason games on TV this year. 

Offline UMDNats

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/adam-oates-alex-ovechkin-return-from-russia-with-hope/2013/09/12/9f5be404-1bfd-11e3-8685-5021e0c41964_story.html

Over the next 24 hours or so, the three-time Hart Memorial Trophy winner and coach of the Washington Capitals spent time on the ice, in front of Oates’ computer watching an Ovechkin highlight video of last season and finally at a chic Moscow restaurant watching a World Cup qualifier with Ovi’s boys.

“He came to me,” Ovechkin said on the first day of training camp, sounding genuinely moved that Oates crossed two continents to visit him at home. “He work out with me. He show me some things. He showed me highlights and talk to me.”

Asked what Oates communicated that day, Ovechkin replied, “He told me I had good season, but I could be better.”

That’s about right, Oates confirmed.

“I showed him highlights of the first time he made the switch,” to the right side of the ice, Oates said. “I showed him some of the places he had success on the ice he might not have known about. Then we worked on some power-play stuff with a good friend of his that’s a quality goalie.

But Oates giving up a bit of his summer to fly six hours to Munich for a lengthy layover before another three-hour flight to Moscow — all told a five-day trip that included a visit with Capitals’ star-in-waiting Evgeny Kuznetsov — is the kind of proactive move that engenders real trust among great players, most of whom just want two things from their direct supervisors: brutal honesty and occasional affirmation that they really are special.

“He can be much, much better,” the coach said. “I look at him as still a player in transition. He’s still young; he’s still getting stronger. He knows the game. I think he’s at a place that if we can find more ways for him to score, I’d love to also see him create more chances for his teammates. It’s not necessarily a numbers thing; it’s more an evolvement of the game.”

“Ovi got the check; I think I was too drunk to sign it,” Oates joked.

I love you, Adam Oates.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
The so-called experts bought into Davey's BS and picked the Nats to make it to the World Series.

Other so-called experts picked the Redskins to win the NFC East.

I sure hope nobody picks the Caps to do anything...

We'll be at Friday's game...can't wait for hockey..

Offline machpost

Yep, it's that time of year again. Time to get my hopes up, only to have them crushed in the early rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

• babble on
Winter Classic at Nats Park? 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Yep, it's that time of year again. Time to get my hopes up, only to have them crushed in the early rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Making the playoffs at all may account for a good season given the new realignment...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Is the season over yet?

• babble on
Yes, you missed it. 

Is the season over yet?

Offline PC

Chris Cooley skates with Caps, gets bloody lip

Chris Cooley did his ESPN 980 radio show from the Caps practice facility on Thursday. He bought a sweater from the team store. He interviewed the team’s GM and coach. He told a story about how Alex Ovechkin wore a game-worn Cooley jersey to a Redskins game once — unwashed, and without an undershirt. He told a story about sneaking Ovechkin onto the playing field so the winger could attempt field goals.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/09/20/chris-cooley-skates-with-caps-gets-bloody-lip/

• babble on
Anyone want to go to Caps/Hawks tonight?  PM me.  Row B uppers, and the price is right (free). 

Offline CALSGR8

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
The Backstrom one is nice!

• babble on
Caps/Flyers preseason tickets (x2) up for grabs, PM me immediately if you want to go.  Can e-mail. 

• babble on
Bye Mathieu...

Offline CALSGR8

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Bye Mathieu...

salary dump...too bad...he was good for us...