Author Topic: TOMORROW (edit - NOW TODAY!!!!!!!)  (Read 916 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
TOMORROW (edit - NOW TODAY!!!!!!!)
« Topic Start: October 06, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
IS THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!! IT IS OUR FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!

I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NATITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whip: :metal: :woop: :panic: :az: :yesyes: :cheers: :worship: :w:

SOUND THE SUB HORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: TOMORROW
« Reply #1: October 06, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »
That Werth shot is priceless.

"Some people call me the space cowboy.
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me Maurice.
'Cause I speak of the pompetous of love."

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #2: October 06, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
I must say I am freaking excited, especially for our first home game.

Offline CurlyW4lyfe

« Reply #3: October 06, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »
 :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I can't believe this is happening. So excited!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: October 06, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »
Been excited all day (at least until the wife told me we are visiting the inlaws tomorrow)

17 hours.....

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #5: October 06, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
Been excited all day (at least until the wife told me we are visiting the inlaws tomorrow)

17 hours.....

:lmao:  Sack up and lay down the law.   :whip: :judge:

Offline imref

« Reply #6: October 06, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
:lmao:  Sack up and lay down the law.   :whip: :judge:

oh i'll find a place to watch the game, but they are both not doing real well so we try and visit as often as we can (both in their 90's)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: October 06, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
They're her parents. Send her!  :whip:  :judge:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #8: October 07, 2012, 02:32:29 AM »
After eight seasons: One excitingly bizarre (First season, the playoff possibility combined with having a baseball team for the first time ever.), one decent, three bad, two incredibly godawful tortuous nightmares who were tolerable only by actually cheering for losses in September for two reasons, Strasburg and Harper. Then this year... this whole year has seemed surreal. Logically I know we've been in first forever, but it never really sunk in. It was surreal.

So for the Nats, this concept of winning and being awesome doesn't feel real. All year, it just felt like all the others. Right now, it still hasn't fully dawned just how magical, how special this is. 24 hours and we'll have played and won our first playoff game. crap, my parents are almost 70. They had the Senators for almost 30 years, never saw this. The Expos were around before the Senators left the last time, and they never saw this. Sorry, the strike shortened playoff appearance doesn't count for me since it wasn't a "real" appearance from playing a 162 game season. Would they have made it? Yeah, prolly. But they also could have collapsed, and so a playoff appearance with an asterisk just ain't the same thing.

All that combines to mean that for over 80 seasons the three teams never have had this, Senators before Minnesota, Senators before Texas, Expos and now Nats. It still doesn't seem real, the enormity of this not yet accepted by my mind. Tomorrow brings the start of something great, an October to go down in DC history. We'll kick the Cardinals asses, then the Reds. Then either the Yankees or Os. Man, playing Baltimore would be... damn. We all could drive to every WS game, still sleep in our own beds? Kicking Angelos' demonic butt as a bonus? Damn.

I just wish we started at home. Not even for my whining about the 2-3 format, but it won't be real 'til Wednesday, to see it in person, to be a part of it. To be a part of something we could go our entire lives and never see again. We won't, this is just the start of a new empire of greatness. But... That five year old born in 1928 who died aged 84 might have said the same thing. This is something majestic, possibly once in a lifetime. Realizing that makes this all the more sweet. Tomorrow will be great...  But Wednesday will be indescribable, no words exist to fully express the joyousness and rarity, the prestige and greatness it both displays and heralds that which is yet to come.

It's the f***ing playoffs, baby! October, here we are!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #9: October 07, 2012, 07:47:19 AM »
...and wouldn't you know it...today, 7th October 2012, just happens to be the EXACT 79th anniversary of the last post-season baseball match involving a Washington team...until now, that is...box-score and more: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WS1/WS1193310070.shtml

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #10: October 07, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: TOMORROW (edit - NOW TODAY!!!!!!!)
« Reply #11: October 07, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
Updated the thread title for you.   and :clap:  :clap: :clap:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #12: October 07, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
IT'S GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline imref

« Reply #13: October 07, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #14: October 07, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
It's Game Day nages!

:panic:

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
« Reply #15: October 08, 2012, 01:04:43 AM »

Can someone make an updated video? There is nothing, and I'm tired of only seeing Orioles videos on my FB feed...

Offline Coladar

« Reply #16: October 08, 2012, 02:02:53 AM »
My psychic powers proven! 24 hours later, and we played our first game and won! Let's make it two in a row. Tomorrow we'll have played our second playoff game and won! Then we can bring the brooms out to welcome them home come Wednesday. Stupid they're banned, what harm can one of those short (maybe 16-20 inches long) decorative fall/Halloween brooms do to someone? Stupid security measures trump reason and fun once more, something living in this area we are all far too used to.

The security thing had a related thought pop up in my head. When we get to the WS, does Obama show his face for a game or at least opening pitch? Or too busy thinking about how he can blow a nearly guaranteed reelection? I guess I got spoiled with Bush as far as presidential support for their temporary home team. Obama would probably wear the Sox cap again anyway, so... between that and the ridiculous security required, all for the best. I think we all could do without being strip searched and security lines taking hours to get through.

That said, I'll be curious what big names show up in the stands over the next two weeks though, particularly for the WS.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #17: October 08, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »
GAMEDAY!!!!!

:panic:

Kate Upton is 1-0!!!!!

:worship: