Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118450 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Define Natitude: What if it goes badly??!?!?!?
« Reply #650: January 16, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
I was thinking that you might consider Potomac Gardens.

So, you're saying I shouldn't buy a block in Congress Heights and start the Restoration Hardware-flavored renovations?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #651: January 16, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
I was thinking that you might consider Potomac Gardens.

Barry Farms maybe?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #652: January 16, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
In doing a quick Redfin search I think I might have found my ticket sweet freedom.  I might just buy an entire apartment building there and be a slumlord! 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #653: January 16, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
Just be sure to keep it real by doing absolutely no maintenance and cutting of heat and water for days at a time.  Section 8 folks don't like amenities.

In doing a quick Redfin search I think I might have found my ticket sweet freedom.  I might just buy an entire apartment building there and be a slumlord! 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #654: January 16, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »
Just be sure to keep it real by doing absolutely no maintenance and cutting of heat and water for days at a time.  Section 8 folks don't like amenities.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #655: January 16, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
The Cubs move is irrelevant because Bowden had already screwed up by failing to trade Soriano.  It was clear that he wasn't going to re sign here, so we should have traded him before the deadline when his value was equal to a third of a season for a 40/40 player (not many of those around) plus the two compensation picks, but all we got were the picks.  Worked out in the end but very poor move strategically.

Considering the type of guys Bowden probably would have traded for and the fact that one of those picks got us JZ, I'm not complaining.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #656: January 16, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
Considering the type of guys Bowden probably would have traded for and the fact that one of those picks got us JZ, I'm not complaining.

Bowden drafted JZ, so he got that right.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #657: January 16, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »
Bowden drafted JZ, so he got that right.

Sure, but drafting and trading are two different skills.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #658: January 18, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »
Barry Farms maybe?

good hope road sounds like an upbeat name

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #659: January 18, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »
Sure, but drafting and trading are two different skills.

Yes, but you still have to be a talent evaluator to make good trades, especially if you're trading for young talent.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #660: January 18, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
not sure what your point is... Bowden had a generally lousy record on that, and by all accounts his negotiating skills - that other thing you need for trades - wasn't so hot either

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #661: January 20, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »
Lots of Nats classics coming up on MASN, limited to games in 2009 and onward, still waiting to watch the first win of 2005 in game #2 up in Philly.

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_buzz/2012/01/masn-to-air-series-of-classic-games-in-nationals-history.html

We all love reliving those classic baseball memories. Whether it's a no-hitter, a walk-off grand slam, or a World Series clincher, revisiting those moments - the ones that display your team at its pinnacle of excellence - is truly something to enjoy.
Fortunately for Nationals fans, MASN is putting together a collection of some of the Nationals' greatest games, which will be presented in their original broadcast starting Monday, January 30. The "Nationals Classics" series will run weekly until April 23, giving fans plenty of chances to recapture Washington's most recent historic baseball moments.
The series kicks off with a late-inning classic, as Ryan Zimmerman blasted a walk-off home run - his second four-bagger of the night - to lift the Nationals over the Padres back on July 6, 2010. Other highlights include a six-RBI night for former Nats slugger Adam Dunn against the Orioles and a 15-inning marathon victory for the Nationals over the Braves. And what highlight reel would be complete without a few dashes of Stephen Strasburg's mastery on the mound?
The full schedule is listed below so fans can plan ahead to witness a specific classic moment. Pitchers and catchers report in less than a month. It's time to get pumped for Opening Day and this collection of Nats Classics will certainly get you in the mood for baseball.
Nationals Classics:   

Jan. 30, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 20: Zimmerman walk-off homer (second home runof the day) beats Padres (July 6, 2010)   

Feb. 6, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 23: Dunn has two homers, including grand slam, six RBIs versus O's (May 24, 2009)   

Feb. 13, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 24: Willingham two grand slams, eight RBIs against Brewers (July 27, 2009)   

Feb. 20, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 26: Nats win in the 15th inning at Braves (Oct. 4, 2009)   

Feb. 27, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 25: Zimmerman walk-off homer versus Marlins (Sept. 6, 2009)   

March 6, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 16: Strasburg's return from Tommy John surgery versus Dodgers (9/6/11)   

March 12, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 18: Willingham walk-off versus O's (May 23, 2010)   

March 16, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 15: Zimmerman hits a walk-off grand slam to complete a six-run ninth that beats the Phillies (Aug. 19, 2011)   

March 19, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 13: Ramos caps a five-run, ninth-inning comeback with a walk-off three-run homer versus Mariners (June 21, 2011)   

March 22, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 21: Dunn hits three homers versus Padres (July 7, 2010)   

March 26, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 22: Zimmerman walk-off three-run home run against Phillies (July 31, 2010)   

April 2, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 17: Strasburg strikes out 10, Nats close the season with a 17-10 September record with win at Marlins (Sept. 28, 2011)   

April 12, 10:30 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 14: Werth steals home and then wins game on a wild pitch against Cubs (July 4, 2011). Game will air after the 7 p.m. rebroadcast of that day's Reds-Nationals game.   

April 12, 7 p.m. - Nationals Classics No. 19: Strasburg's second career start versus Indians (June 13, 2010)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #662: January 20, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Lots of Nats classics coming up on MASN, limited to games in 2009 and onward, still waiting to watch the first win of 2005 in game #2 up in Philly.

It's wierd they wouldn't span the entire 7 (!!) seasons.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #663: January 20, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
It's wierd they wouldn't span the entire 7 (!!) seasons.

Looks like there is another half to this list.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #664: January 21, 2012, 08:06:20 AM »
Once again, either our players are total jerk-offs or the Nats front office is using them as a scapegoat to cover their cheapness, as the official excuse for not having the Nats Winter Caravan and FanFest during the offseason has been expressed as being due the the players not being available.

You've gotta click the link below to see the map of spots that the Braves players will be spending half a week in February visiting (the Reds have a similar map), it's impressive.

WE'RE BRINGING THE BRAVES TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!
The 2012 Braves Country Caravan, presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors is hitting the road January 27th thru February 9th. With more than 25 stops in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, the Braves will travel more than 3,000 miles and meet thousands of fans before the team heads to Orlando for Spring Training.

Atlanta Braves players, coaches, alumni, broadcasters, and team executives will make community appearances at children's hospitals, schools, and military bases, and will host autograph signings at Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and Taco Mac locations throughout the Southeast. Check the schedule to see when we'll be in your town, and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates!

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/community/caravan.jsp

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #665: January 21, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »

Collin Balester @ballystar40 18 Jan  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
This will mark the first time I have been on a Caravan. Dad once had a minivan but thats the closest. #childhoodTweet

Collin Balester @ballystar40 2h  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Had a blast on the @OFFICIAL_TIGERS winter caravan,all I have to say about the Fan support is WOW its awesome how much they love this team.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #666: January 21, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »
 :?

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #667: January 21, 2012, 10:48:23 AM »

The Tigers have had an average annual income of -$28 million since 2008. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #668: January 21, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »
Who cares. They want to win and treat their fans well.

Neither is a thing the Lerners have shown any interest in.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #669: January 21, 2012, 10:50:15 AM »
The Tigers have had an average annual income of -$28 million since 2008. 

Wow, that's terrible, I feel bad for their fans, no chance I could ever get behind an ownership group that isn't able to turn a significant annual profit.

Offline PebbleBall

« Reply #670: January 21, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »
Who cares. They want to win and treat their fans well.

Neither is a thing the Lerners have shown any interest in.

You misunderstood me, I think it's great the Tigers do that. I was just contrasting that with the Nationals, baseball's income champions, who can't seem to peel off a few bucks to do something for the fans. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #671: January 21, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »
Gotcha. My bad, I misunderstood you.

Would love an ownership group that showed interest in making the fans happy.

Offline PebbleBall

« Reply #672: January 21, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »
Would love an ownership group that showed interest in making the fans happy.

Maybe we should prepare a Fanfest cost-benefit analysis to present to Ted and the board.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #673: January 21, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »
Maybe we should prepare a Fanfest cost-benefit analysis to present to Ted and the board.

Just remember that you are presenting your cost-benefit analysis to a guy so cheap that he tried to force the city to pay for his team's uniforms.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #674: January 21, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »

Only if I get to present it to them in character.