Author Topic: CAPS Roster Set: Showtime Thursday Night!  (Read 6486 times)

Nats Bruin

CAPS Roster Set: Showtime Thursday Night!
« Reply #25: October 10, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »
"Why does attendance take anything away from the fact the Caps had a big Opening Night win against the defending champs?"

I never said it took away from anything. I said it was a very good effort. Somebody else came back and replied "the attendance was solid" which wasn't the case. They listed a figure of 16K+ and thats well below capacity. The person also said that the arena was "electric" which must have been a  
lie because I've spoken to several people who went to the game (including my Caps sales rep) and they all said it was a sparse showing with alot of fans disguised as empty seats. Yes they played the SCC...funny how the cup winners don't even draw a full house.  :lol:

"Of course attendance matters on some levels. But you are Joe Blow fan. You are not a member of the organization nor do you benefit from the money that attendance could bring (unless you are head of a nearby business but considering you don't live in DC, your not). So what does it really matter?"

Again, you don't know anything about me and you're telling me what kind of fan I am. I was a STH for years and turned them in after the lock-out, I own a home down there and live in VA part-time so yes I do benefit quite a bit. I lived thru many seasons in an empty rink so I know what I'm talking about. Don't think attendance down there is important? Lets chat about that playoff series with Tampa a few years back......if you can't sell out a SC playoff game......its embarassing.