Author Topic: Monday playoff watching meet up at ccsp  (Read 2796 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Monday playoff watching meet up at ccsp
« Topic Start: October 05, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
Seems the game is at 4:37 PM and on the road. I don't know who has Colombus Day off, but I'd suggest meeting at Crystal City Sports Pub on the 3d floor to watch. 

3d floor is nice, and the Monday night crew is very good.  1/2 price burgers that are MDS approved!

CCSP is about 1/2 mile from the Crystal City metro, on 23d between Eads and Fern.  Directions are here.  529 23rd street south, Arlington, VA 22202, if you want to plug it into a GPS.  Phone is 703-521-8215.

The place is big enough that we don't need to have a count (although an indication might help).  I'll check that it is not otherwise booked.

Offline Knight

Re: Monday playoff watching meet up?
« Reply #1: October 05, 2012, 11:49:14 AM »
Sounds like a great idea.  DOn't know yet if I can make it, but I live 4 blocks from there so I'll try.  It is a great place.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2: October 05, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
let's meet up in DC!  that way it's halfway for all of us!

Offline Knight

« Reply #3: October 05, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »
let's meet up in DC!  that way it's halfway for all of us!

Not familiar with a lot of DC sports bars.  But it's probably hard to beat the space available in Crystal City SPorts Pub.   And it really is a short walk from the metro,  well from 18th to 23rd.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: October 05, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
The Nats really ought to open the stadium and put the game on the big screen, I'd pay $5-10 to sit in the stadium and watch it with my fellow nats fans.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: October 05, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
The Nats really ought to open the stadium and put the game on the big screen, I'd pay $5-10 to sit in the stadium and watch it with my fellow nats fans.

Me too!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #6: October 05, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
I'll be there bro.  :)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #7: October 05, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
Nats should open the Red Loft

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #8: October 05, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »

That'd be so awesome. Just... awesome. Natitude!!!

Chief, invent a WNFF bar. That way it will be a real, live forum.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9: October 05, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
Hammonds - I hear you.  It's just I'm pretty confident there is  enough elbow room and flexible space at CCSP, and while it is in VA, it really is not too many stops beyond the core of the DC.  2 metro lines serve it, so it's not like getting stuck out on a branch.  Free parking in lot across the street, some street parking, a Colonial pay parking lot behind the building, and another lot that'll be free on 23d on the airport side of route 1.  I don't think in DC there are many bars that have as easy parking.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #10: October 05, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
THAT would be awesome, was just thinking that the Outback Steakhouse at PNC park in Pittsburg looks out onto the field...

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #11: October 05, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
i'll be at the local BWW if I can get away from the in-laws.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: October 06, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
Spoke to one of the owners this morning/  CCSP will have the 3d floor open and the sound on for the Nats game on Monday.  They have not yet figured out MNF v. Os/NYY.

As for Sunday, they will likely have football sound on 2 and 3 for the 4 pm games, and the Nats will have the sound on 1 after the Redskins.  They may also have the sound for the Nats on the 2d floor porch from the get go on the Nats.

I did not reserve any tables or area on 3 for Monday.  Just show.  Post here how to recognize you (e.g., Mr Walkoff long sleeve and the offcenter White and Red give away hat from Opening Day).

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #13: October 06, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
So would I.  Might as well drink their beer as anyone else's.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #14: October 06, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »

That's a great idea.  I remember when the Detroit Pistons used to do that with their arena when the team was playing on the road in the playoffs.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #15: October 06, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
So would I.  Might as well drink their beer as anyone else's.

You should come down tomorrow dude!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #16: October 06, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
I have to find out details but they just announced a viewing party atthe fairgrounds!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #17: October 06, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
Details Join MASN and your fellow die-hard Nats fans for the only official MASN Nationals Playoff viewing party! Starting at 3 PM Sunday afternoon, MASN will be on-site at Fairgrounds located across the street from the centerfield gates at Nats Park to help you cheer Nats to victory.

In addition to being surrounded by Nats fans, you'll have the opportunity to take home some great prizes ( including autographed gear and limited edition MASN Nationlas coozies) and get your picture taken at the MASN photo booth.

Remember, this event is first come first serve, so get there early to stake

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #18: October 06, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
Confirmation from MASN site: http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_buzz/2012/10/head-to-fairgrounds-for-nationals-playoff-viewing-party-sunday-at-3-pm.html

Maybe you can't watch the first playoff game in Nationals history from your favorite spot in Nationals Park. But you can still watch the historic game Sunday afternoon, and not be far away from the home team's home park.

Join MASN on Sunday for its official viewing party, which will be held at Fairgrounds, right across from Nationals Park's center field gates. The fun begins at 3 p.m., just a few minutes before first pitch, at 25 M St., SE (at Half Street)

Fairgrounds will be the perfect environment to mirror a traditional Nationals gameday experience. You'll be surrounded by lots of Natitude and curly Ws, have a change to take home some autographed Nats gear and can pick up a free, limited edition Nationals koozie (while supplies last). Oh, and there will be TVs to watch the game.

Just look for the MASN tent, where you'll also get the opportunity to have your photo taken so you can remember for posterity the first time the Nationals appeared in a postseason game in ... wait ... well, we don't know for sure until after tonight's wild card game, but it'll either be in St. Louis or Atlanta.

So consider yourself invited - and make sure to arrive early to stake out your preferred spot. You can view the invitation here, click to RSVP and let all your friends know to join you at the MASN Nationals viewing party.

---

[me again]

This was posted on their site yesterday, hence the 'St Louis or Atlanta' reference.

...but why is Angelos being so generous all of a sudden? Did something just happen in the negotiations? A bit of an early pretence at good sportsmanship since he believes the Orioles will go through and the Nats won't?

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #19: October 06, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
What is so generous?  An open area with little seating and you still have to buy food!  All it is is what they have on game days!

I wonder how they willarrange viewing the game!  Can you bring a folding chair?

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #20: October 06, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
What is so generous?  An open area with little seating and you still have to buy food!  All it is is what they have on game days![...]

Somebody (presumably MASN in this case) has to pay for the use of the Fairgrounds and whatever video/audio equipment is necessary...this is not a regular home matchday.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #21: October 06, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
...but why is Angelos being so generous all of a sudden? Did something just happen in the negotiations? A bit of an early pretence at good sportsmanship since he believes the Orioles will go through and the Nats won't?

Along the same lines, MASN is broadcasting an hour of Nats Extra before and after each postseason game. They apparently sent Bob, FP and Kristina to St. Louis to provide coverage.   I scrolled through the guide for tomorrow, and those shows are listed, but they're not doing O's Extra at all.  I'm certainly not complaining, but did Angelos finally die?  How are the Nats getting all this love from MASN but not the Orioles?  :shock:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #22: October 06, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
  I'm certainly not complaining, but did Angelos finally die?  How are the Nats getting all this love from MASN but not the Orioles?  :shock:

$

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #23: October 06, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
Along the same lines, MASN is broadcasting an hour of Nats Extra before and after each postseason game. They apparently sent Bob, FP and Kristina to St. Louis to provide coverage.   I scrolled through the guide for tomorrow, and those shows are listed, but they're not doing O's Extra at all.  I'm certainly not complaining, but did Angelos finally die?  How are the Nats getting all this love from MASN but not the Orioles?  :shock:

Actually they are running O's Xtra - at 17.00 and 21.00 (http://www.masnsports.com/shows_and_programming/ - youj'll need to put tomorrow's date in). Whatever extra stuff they may be doing for the Nats, they wouldn't leave the lead programming out.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #24: October 06, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
Actually they are running O's Xtra - at 17.00 and 21.00 (http://www.masnsports.com/shows_and_programming/ - youj'll need to put tomorrow's date in). Whatever extra stuff they may be doing for the Nats, they wouldn't leave the lead programming out.

Damn, I figured it was too good to be true :)   I have Cox cable and the on-screen guide shows Nats Xtra at 2:00 and 6:00, but it shows ESPNews at the times you noted for O's Xtra.  Oh well.