Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Brad Peacock, RHP  (Read 34418 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Follow the Prospects: Brad Peacock, RHP
« Reply #75: May 26, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
i don't move him out of the rotation.  a 3 pitch arsenal isn't ideal, but if his stuff is that good that he can get by.  have you seen him in multiple instances?  maybe his change just wasn't working that day?

Oh, I don't want to see him moved from the rotation at all.

I was just saying, his fastball/curveball are good enough, the Nats COULD call him up today and he'd kill it in the bullpen.

Seeing him in person, his change up is as advertised. It's a bit of a floater... but it does have a good 11-13 MPH difference between that and his fastball. The arm speed is the same. He has control of it... but he doesn't have command of it, if that makes sense. He can get it in the strike zone... but he can't get that good depth to make it drop, YET.

I fully expect with a bit more time in the minors, his change up will become a plus pitch.

Three pitches are plenty for a Major League starter.

Hell, I could see him putting up a 4.25-4.50 ERA right now as a big league starter. His fastball/curve combo is that good... plus the difference in speed on the change would get quite a few swings and misses. The problem with his change is, if a hitter is looking for it, it can be a gopher ball pitch.