Author Topic: Founding Farmers  (Read 292 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Founding Farmers
« Topic Start: December 18, 2010, 02:36:13 AM »
I was looking for the alcohol other than beer thread, couldn't find it, so I figured I'd mention the restaurant itself and the drink.  If you haven't been to Founding Farmers yet you should do yourself a favor and check it out.

The flatbread appetizers are great.  The bacon lollipops are fantastic.  Even the popcorn of the day and fried green tomatoes were good.  The sandwiches are huge.  Everything is certified green.  I had some of the freshest mahi-mahi I've ever had and I lived in Hawaii for 6 years where I caught, cleaned and prepared my own.  Just phenomenal.

They've got a solid beer selection (I had a Prohibition Ale which is quickly becoming my favorite dine out beer when available).  They even have a white "beer of the day" that you have to ask the waiter about. 

The winner though, is the cocktail menu.  I've got a very high tolerance for both alcohol and spicy/hot foods but I had to work to finish my cocktail.  It was the "Bone."  The cocktail is Knob Creek, lime juice and Tabasco with a bacon lollipop in it.  Just a punch in the throat with each sip but the flavors are tremendous together.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Founding Farmers
« Reply #1: December 18, 2010, 07:33:01 AM »
Bacon lollipop? Those two awesome words have not been combined before to my knowledge!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: December 18, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
Founding Farmers is a great place. I also enjoy it as the dinner spot following a Ris happy hour.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #3: December 18, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »
Bacon lollipop? Those two awesome words have not been combined before to my knowledge!

It's really more like a small bacon kabob but the bacon is listed as "Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Glazed Nueske’s Bacon."