Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 4 (L)  (Read 32080 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 4 (L)
« Reply #50: September 08, 2005, 08:34:42 PM »
relax.

every Pitcher has these days.  it was bound to happen sooner or later for J. Patt.

but our offense HAS to realize that he doesn't have his stuff, and if they want to win they HAVE to get OFF THEIR ASSES and make something happen.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #51: September 08, 2005, 08:35:01 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Quote from: "The Chief"
Even if the bullpen is flawless, I don't see our lineup getting 3 more runs.

Exactly, poor patterson my heart goes out to him. He's choking under all the pressure of having to keep the other team scoreless since thats the only way the Nats can ever win. He seems to be the only one that cares about the playoffs on this godforsaken team. THe declination of this team has really been depressing

u dont think the rest of the team cares?? come on.

of course they do. its tough to look good when ur losing.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #52: September 08, 2005, 08:38:13 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"

Exactly, poor patterson my heart goes out to him. He's choking under all the pressure of having to keep the other team scoreless since thats the only way the Nats can ever win. He seems to be the only one that cares about the playoffs on this godforsaken team. THe declination of this team has really been depressing

o please, if they cared, they wouldnt let their pitchers get embarrased like that. I mean come on Loaiza, Livan, and patterson work their asses of every time and if they make a little mistake this team crumbles like a wet napkin. Its disgusting how our pitchers including our bullpen are never given the support they deserve

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #53: September 08, 2005, 08:39:14 PM »

o please, if they cared, they wouldnt let their pitchers get embarrased like that. I mean come on Loaiza, Livan, and patterson work their asses of every time and if they make a little mistake this team crumbles like a wet napkin. Its disgusting how our pitchers including our bullpen are never given the support they deserve

ok, so they players just decided to suck at scoring runs??theyre trying so hard, trust me.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #54: September 08, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »
the rout continues.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #55: September 08, 2005, 08:41:09 PM »

Heh, you're quick.  I deleted that post because I was trying to be optimistic, but with the game now at 6-1, I guess there's no sense fooling myself.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #56: September 08, 2005, 08:41:38 PM »
O God have mercy on our souls, Patterson this is going to deteriorate his confidence and his ERA!! The media is gonna blame this loss on him!! GOD< I REALLY HATE THE NATIONALS :twisted: :twisted:

His ERA is up all the way to 2.69. Oh, is there no justice in the world? What did he do to deserve this?

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #57: September 08, 2005, 08:42:12 PM »
. Its disgusting how our pitchers including our bullpen are never given the support they deserve

I gotta say, I agree with this sentence.

but even so, Fanatic...you really need to  learn to keep control of your emotions, man.

though, admittedly, if I read the post-game reports, and I see a SINGLE criticism of John Patterson from anyone who get's paid to swing a bat, or who gets paid to get people who get paid to swing a bat,...I'm going to turn into a ranting, raving, madman.

you aren't gonna like me if our batters have something to say about J. Patt tonight.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #58: September 08, 2005, 08:42:33 PM »
O God have mercy on our souls, Patterson this is going to deteriorate his confidence and his ERA!! The media is gonna blame this loss on him!! GOD< I REALLY HATE THE NATIONALS :twisted: :twisted:

Haha, no you don't! :lol:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #59: September 08, 2005, 08:43:32 PM »
u hate the nats when theyre losing?

ive been a caps fan for 10 years and had to watch them lose the first playoff series year after year, only to have a firesale last year and us finishing 3rd to last. i never once hated them (i did, however, hate the Front Office).

gotta stick with the team through thick and thin, the nationals era is DC is only just beginning.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #60: September 08, 2005, 08:44:12 PM »
Fanatic, if you get this riled up over a simple GAME, you have a lot to learn in life, buddy.

Offline joabee

« Reply #61: September 08, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »
Such a series just shows how badly we are missing some (small) things to play fundamentally good baseball. Just look at the first two runs scored by the marlins. Single, followed up by a stolen base and then another single. Two singles makes a scored run. When did we score a run on two singles in an inning? Juan Pierre has 48 stolen bases this season. How many bases have our ENTIRE team stolen this year, I bet less.
If you don't have big power bats (and we certainly don't) you have to take advantage of the small opportunities that the games offers. We don't do that. Of course that, to some degree, depends on that we lack that sort of player and that leads me to my next point.
Now that this game (and season) seems to get out of hand, I just have to say that we need som big changes for next year. How can one team be so collectively offensively challanged, and for so long? It becomes painfully obvious that as soon as one pitchers have a sub par outing we can't do anything about it. Since the winning days of june have been changed for the whining days of september I frankly don't see how we could gather the same group of individuals in spring training and hope for another good season.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the nationals and I'm extremly proud of what they have done this year, but I do think that the wild card now, if we don't miraculously turn this game around, have slipped through our fingers. I also do believe that we have really good chance on building on this sucess with some key acquisitions in the off season.
As always, lets go nats!!!

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #62: September 08, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
u hate the nats when theyre losing?

ive been a caps fan for 10 years and had to watch them lose the first playoff series year after year, only to have a firesale last year and us finishing 3rd to last. i never once hated them (i did, however, hate the Front Office).

gotta stick with the team through thick and thin, the nationals era is DC is only just beginning.

I dont hate them because they're losing, I hate them because of the way they're squandering away the perfect opportunity to be the biggest playoff underdog that ever existed. Its like they're literally throwing it away. Losing I can definetly handle, but this garabage really sucks

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #63: September 08, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
btw guys.

the season's not over.

who knows, maybe well go on a 10-game winning streak.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #64: September 08, 2005, 08:46:43 PM »
Quote from: "joabee"
Such a series just shows how badly we are missing some (small) things to pla y fundamentally good baseball. Just look at the first two runs scored by the marlins. Single, followed up by a stolen base and then another single. Two singles makes a scored run. When did we score a run on two singles in an inning? Juan Pierre has 48 stolen bases. How many bases have our ENTIRE team stole this year, I bet less.
If you don't have big power bats (and we certainly don't) you have to take advantage of the small opportunities that the games offers. We don't do that. Of course that, to some degree, depends on that we lack that sort of player and that leads me to my next point.
Now that this game (and season) seems to get out of hand, I just have to say that we need som big changes for next year. How can one team be so collectively offensively challanged, and for so long? It becomes painfully obvious that as soon as one pitchers have a sub par outing we can't do anything about it. Since the winning days of june have been changed for the whining days of september I frankly don't see how we could gather the same group of individuals in spring training and hope for another good season.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the nationals and I'm extremly proud of what they have done this year, but I do think that the wild card now, if we don't miraculously turn this game around, have slipped through our fingers. I also do believe that we have really good chance on building on this sucess with some key acquisitions in the off season.
As always, lets go nats!!!

Oh, I totally agree. But its still sad how they completely threw away this series and this season. I mean underneath it all, I'm proud of the Nats and there season.It just really hurts to see how they've completely wasted it

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #65: September 08, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
btw guys.

the season's not over.

who knows, maybe well go on a 10-game winning streak.

oh how nice that would be, but come on, theres a much better chance of a 10 game losing streak. and sadly, I'm almost wishing for one because then we could be completely out of the race and there wouldnt be anymore of this roller coaster ride of emotions. My heart cant take it anymore

Wow, just when I thought there couldnt be a more embarrasing game than yesterdayz the Nationalz prove me wrong once again!!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #66: September 08, 2005, 08:48:38 PM »
i would love it if we could spoil some team's playoff run at the WC.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #67: September 08, 2005, 08:49:41 PM »
rally time!

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #68: September 08, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »
i would love it if we could spoil some team's playoff run at the WC.

Its so sad that we've become spoilers!! Even when I didnt like sports, I always hated spoilers, I mean if your not making the playoffs why ruin other peoples chances?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #69: September 08, 2005, 08:51:44 PM »
how much u wanna bet guzman GIDP

Offline esoteric

« Reply #70: September 08, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »
You bet wrong.

(Hey, no shame in that - I would have bet the same way.  Another bet: 1 run is all we score.)

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #71: September 08, 2005, 08:53:18 PM »
i did. the one time guzman actually gets a hit.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #72: September 08, 2005, 08:53:25 PM »
Guzman with a single to close the gap to 5.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #73: September 08, 2005, 08:53:32 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
You bet wrong.

Why do the Nats do this? Why can they just stay dead, stop giving us false hope :evil:

Offline esoteric

« Reply #74: September 08, 2005, 08:54:11 PM »
Even worse is the slop-headed moron FR pinch-hitting BAERGA.  Instead of ZIMMERMAN or SHORT.  

Goddammit I get tired of his hateful playing-of-favorites.