Author Topic: So what the hell happened to Anthony Reyes?  (Read 973 times)

Offline houston-nat

So what the hell happened to Anthony Reyes?
« Topic Start: May 02, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
A couple years ago during the regular season I watched Reyes take the toughest loss I've ever seen - he allowed one hit and no walks in nine full innings, but the one hit was a solo homer and the Cardinals didn't score.  :(  Then, later that year, he went into the World Series and totally dominated. But since then, he's sucked, had an ERA of 6 and bounced back and forth between the majors and minors.

It's clear the kid has talent, and it's clear he can be dominant. But he's just not living up to his potential at all, and now the Cards want to trade him for "high-echelon prospects". What's happening? What went wrong with Anthony Reyes? Why has he fallen to this level?

Offline ronnynat

I think people just figured him out. His 2-14 record and 6.04 ERA last season and the fact that he's not pitching any better now make me think he's not going to get the Cards any "high-echelon prospects".

Offline ronnynat

Cards Showcasing Reyes In Triple A?
from MLB Trade Rumors by Tim Dierkes

Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch suggests that Anthony Reyes' demotion to the Triple A rotation increases his trade value.  Interested teams view him as a starter, and want to see him in that role before acquiring him.

Last week, ESPN's Jayson Stark heard rumblings that the Cards want "an upper echelon prospect back, plus another piece."  Reyes, 26, has shown flashes of brilliance but has a 5.41 career ERA in 219.2 innings.  He just seems fixable, is all.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Upper echelon prospect PLUS another piece! :shock:  Are they nuts?

Offline ronnynat

Upper echelon prospect PLUS another piece! :shock:  Are they nuts?

Most definitely. What do you think they'd want from us. It'd be ridiculous, I'm sure.

Offline spidernat

Probably Jordan Zimmermann + Justin Maxwell :?  If he was that good they would keep him in their rotation.

Offline ronnynat

Probably Jordan Zimmermann + Justin Maxwell :?  If he was that good they would keep him in their rotation.

I'd give 'em Clint Everts (he once was an upper echelon prospect) and Bacsik (he's an AWESOME extra piece). That is all. Take it or leave it. Please take it.

Offline spidernat

I'd give 'em Clint Everts (he once was an upper echelon prospect) and Bacsik (he's an AWESOME extra piece). That is all. Take it or leave it. Please take it.

:clap: Can you fax your resume to Kasten so he can hire you to be our GM?  :lol:

Offline saltydad

QFT