Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 90886 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Video Games
« Reply #1900: November 14, 2011, 12:44:38 AM »
Anyone else playing City of Heroes: Freedom? I am playing the free version, although I had a paid account in the past.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1901: November 21, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
Ok, I'm officially bored of Battlefield 3.  What should I move to next?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1902: November 21, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »
skyrim ;-)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1904: November 21, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »
Eh, you'd really have to sell me on it to get me interested.  I don't really have the attention span for anything that's not Madden or a FPS.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1906: November 21, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »
Eh, you'd really have to sell me on it to get me interested.  I don't really have the attention span for anything that's not Madden or a FPS.
Play an archer character.  It's first person, and you're shooting.  Problem solved.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1907: November 21, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »
You're everything that is wrong with modern gamers.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #1908: November 21, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »

How the hell are you bored with BF3? Oh.. you play madden, nm. :P

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1909: November 21, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
It's all about Assassin's Creed.
Although I'm waiting for Christmas to buy it for myself :bang:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1910: November 21, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
You're everything that is wrong with modern gamers.

Yes, because I'm sure every "gamer" is an ADD rattled lunatic with no patience or attention span.  I'm one dumbass that buys three or four games a year and gets bored easily.  If I'm what's wrong with "gamers" so be it.  Why don't you just go back to your parents basement and fantasize about Nicole Bass pegging you with Twisted Sister playing in the background. 

How the hell are you bored with BF3?

The MP can be cool at times but I keep running into the same problem I had with MW - UK teenagers calling each other "pakis" while blinding everyone with flashlights.  It's not quite as bad as the care package glitching and nuke azzclowns of MW but it's pretty frustrating.  Maybe I need to give it more time.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1911: November 21, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
That's why I don't play mp games on Xbox anymore.  Luckily, Skyrim has no such problem :P

Offline eckseid

« Reply #1912: November 23, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »
Got my beta key for Tribes: Ascend. About to try it out and I can't wait. Loved the Tribes series when it was out.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1913: November 23, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Alright, I've finally started leveling up in BF3 and not getting blown to bitz by flashlight azzclowns.  Anyone want to hit me up on PS3 for BF3 over the next couple of days PM for my PSN id.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1914: November 24, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »

Have you played Infamous? It was one of the free PS3 downloads after the PSN debacle. I just started playing it again the other day and have really enjoyed it. Might want to give it a go.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #1915: November 24, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »

Have you played the Killzone games on PS3? I love that series.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1916: November 24, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
Ugh black friday deals make me want to buy a PS3 bundle. 200$ for a PS3 with Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank. My main reason is because its blu-ray and its got The Show...

Then again I think EA Sports can finally make a baseball game soon. Also, Xbox is supposedly coming out with a new system next year. I can't really think of anything else that I'd play for PS3 since I prefer 360's online anyway. Maybe Uncharted and, hopefully, a next Socom.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1917: November 25, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »
Ugh black friday deals make me want to buy a PS3 bundle. 200$ for a PS3 with Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank. My main reason is because its blu-ray and its got The Show...

Then again I think EA Sports can finally make a baseball game soon. Also, Xbox is supposedly coming out with a new system next year. I can't really think of anything else that I'd play for PS3 since I prefer 360's online anyway. Maybe Uncharted and, hopefully, a next Socom.

EA may be able to make a baseball game soon, but it's not going to be as good as the Show. Best baseball game ever.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #1918: November 25, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
EA may be able to make a baseball game soon, but it's not going to be as good as the Show. Best baseball game ever.

The Show is great, but I skipped this past year because they neglected to improve Franchise mode, which was a broken mess the year before.

Supposedly this will be the year they roll out major upgrades to Franchise Mode, so I'm going to wait and see. I'd like to see full minors, more extensive draft, better scouting system, etc.

Best console baseball game. OOTP is up there with it, although it's hard to compare the two.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1919: November 25, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »

I don't know. MVP Baseball was the shiz before 2K foolishly put it out as business as a strike at EA for putting 2K football out of business.

I love me The Show, though. Such a fantastic representation of baseball.

Though, I wouldn't mind if they re-did some of the hitting physics... as it seems there's only about 50-60 spots the ball can land after you hit it. I'd like to see 100's-1,000's of different landing spots.... which would be possible if they re-coded the hitting engine a bit.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #1920: November 25, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
Agree, Linty -- two years ago there weren't nearly enough bloop / soft falling hits. Not sure if they fixed that.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1921: November 25, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
MVP baseball was better than any other baseball game, if for nothing else, than for it's depth and modibility.

Wife got an XBox for some reason. What games should I even consider buying for it?

I really don't see why she had to do it. I think.she just wanted kinect, but I know it will last about as long as Wii did.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1922: November 25, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »

IF EA can make a game again in the near future, I'm not 100% sure they'd even try or it'd be good until the next gen (or they'd just wait until then). The Show dominates the PS3 market (and is so much higher than its competitors) and 2k is established as well.

Go for the PS3.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1923: November 25, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
MVP baseball was better than any other baseball game, if for nothing else, than for it's depth and modibility.

Wife got an XBox for some reason. What games should I even consider buying for it?

I really don't see why she had to do it. I think.she just wanted kinect, but I know it will last about as long as Wii did.

Skyrim 8)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1924: November 25, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »
Yea, no. If I get that, its gout on the PC. And I doubt ill get it. I've tried three times to play Dragons Age. Never made it past a couple hours. I'm just not in to the whole fantasy, dragons and magic spells world.

I'm a pretty hardcore PC gamer. It's why I've passed on most console games. If TD a shooter, its going on the PC. If they made a dedicated PC version, ill take that one.

I dunno ... Maybe I'll get Madden. Has it changed in the last four years?

Maybe Assassin's Creed .....